test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Honest Feedback from GFs on Preview

I'm curious how the upcoming changes will affect the day to day tasks if campaign dailies, SH heroics, and maybe even the new mod 10 zones.

How are Tact GFs specifically playing now that a very large source of our damage (ItF) is significantly weaker? I realize they kinda buffed the damage of a couple encounters and at wills, but I suspect not enough. Are dailies taking quite a bit longer than they used to?

Just looking for general GF feedback. I don't have much experience with the Protection tree, but I assume it's more of a slog now. I'm pretty sure Conqueror GFs are in an ok state, but I'd love feedback on anything GF related.

Thanks a lot! :)

Comments

• klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    They did changes assuming everyone plays Conqueror and giving a big middle finger to everyone else.
    The story of "be build X or be underperforming" continues and they seem to encourage rather than fix it.
    Powers like Iron Warrior are still in a sorry state and they nerfed stuff like Tide of Iron and Enforced Threat in a way that made no sense. Enforced Threat may actually be buffed now for dps GFs, but nerfed for tank GFs, unbelievable.
  • greyhawk#1973 greyhawk Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    Yah that's what I'm afraid of, but I don't have a high level GF on PC to test how things are going to look.

Have you been on preview, and have any feedback for us?

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    How exactly was tactician capstone nerfed to uselessness?
    Not sure where that was mentioned @ghoulz66 .

I'm curious how the class plays now. I'm pretty sure GFs are still viable for groups, but with a much weaker ItF I assume soloing would be tougher since a great deal of our damage came from the self buff of ItF.

I don't know though, so I was asking for feedback from people who've been on preview, toying around with the changes.

Did you see that the Tact capstone was nerfed?

Not sure where that was mentioned @ghoulz66 .

I'm curious how the class plays now. I'm pretty sure GFs are still viable for groups, but with a much weaker ItF I assume soloing would be tougher since a great deal of our damage came from the self buff of ItF.

I don't know though, so I was asking for feedback from people who've been on preview, toying around with the changes.

Did you see that the Tact capstone was nerfed?

Capstone not listed in the changes.
    I'm not concerned with dungeons, as I know I'll be doing those..

So you've done the normal campaign dailies, SH encounters, and the new campaign zones? Do they take longer now - aside from the unreleased content, of course?

Going from a 100℅ or more ItF to 30℅ is quite a drop. What's your Power, Crit etc on preview versus live, if you say the balanced stats are that big a help? I know they buffed Enforced Threats damage but that was about it for damage buffs, that I can remember.
    Ehh the ITF nerf doesn't hit my Conq much on solo, wasn't one of those 20k+ high end builds.

50%+ crit and those WMS debuffed Crushing Surge blows still hit like a train. Still have my wheel and Villains Menace to vaporize the bosses at the end of lairs. Back on live it was overkill anyway. Killing DR bosses in 2 seconds. As long as they don't decide to nerf the at-wills and ET, GFs are going to be fine.

With Steel Grace, and casting ITF while moving, things are even better now.
    edited August 2016
    kalindra said:

I don't have all those luxury like 4k GS, Wheel, and modern fancy BiS stuff.
    My entry ticket to parties was ITF, and without it I'll probably be exchanged for some better equiped DD or un-nerfed buffer.

Not 4k and hardly BiS either. Still 100 points off from being able to do FBI.

And people really gotta stop underestimating Knight's Valor.

Besides, the Wheel artifact used to be selling for as low as 70k at one point. You just gotta scope things out from time to time or you miss out.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

Besides, the Wheel artifact used to be selling for as low as 70k at one point. You just gotta scope things out from time to time or you miss out.

One of my biggest regrets in NW is not buying even more Wheels while they were cheap.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia

ghoulz66 said:

One of my biggest regrets in NW is not buying even more Wheels while they were cheap.

I'm the opposite and buy dumb stuff like 10 priestesses of sune way back. Least resold some for profit. Nice for a GF btw.

null

Are you Tactician? If so what are your offensive stats on live and preview? I find the 40s on preview and 3m on live a little interesting. If it's the enemies I'm thinking of they should take less than 40s on live to take down.

Sorry for so many questions, but just teasing kill times and saying GFs are fine in mod 10 isn't that helpful. Can you elaborate on your stats, what encounters etc? Even better would be a video of both of those runs. I believe you said you do a lot of videos, right?

I know thats a lot to ask so if you don't want to then I'll try to find what I'm looking for another way. :)
    And thanks for the feedback on Conqueror. I figured that tree would be ok, and I've heard the damage is better actually.

I'm mostly interested in Tact, honestly. I could go Conq and just go ham, but I like the idea of the Tact tree - slightly better ItF and AP gain for my group.

If Conq is doing so well, I may just refocus and be a dps tank. Get DR to 80℅ and go full Power and Crit. Someone said they had 50℅ Crit on their conq? That seems pretty tough to get right? No Crit from Ability rolls hurts I would think.
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    Been poking around on test server and I agree that GF's damage in mod 10 will still be good.
    I do believe it's mostly due to the fact that SB proc's a lot more often (I wonder what will GWF say about their damage now).
    Bearing in mind SB can crit and is affected by buffs/debuffs it looks pretty nice I won't lie...

Haven't got a chance to look at the new dungeon - I will probably leave it till it will go live. Quite sure that in a defensive setup we will be able to tank it quite comfortably.

All in all as I said few times before. Mod 10 will bring more balance to the class. Our damage is still good (to good for PVP crowd ofc) ITF was a must have and will still be right up there. So yeah, should be fine :)

And for the ITF not rooting us now in place? Halleluyah! so much fun woho! :D
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
    Awesome info! Thanks guys, that gives me a lot of good stuff to look over.

Thanks again :)
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    Changes amenar did were very great, and aimed GF in a better direction, yet at the same time, not working on feats led it to a coma/bandaid temporary solution. Although he mentioned later on in the coming months GF's would be looked at again and both heroic feats and paragon feats would receive changes/buffs (obviously), my only fear is will they continue to work what Chris started? will they balance out things correctly? or let the class crumble. I hope for the best. I hope they unlink most of our GF feats so they aren't linked with any powers. I hope they make it sort of like the paladins feats, Id like that a lot. much better than our feats now.

So I hope @rgutsheradev, @dreadnaught, and @mimicking all know how to handle it in the future just like Chris has because Chris got my hopes up for the future of this class. Weird though, I can't click on those names of the Developers.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter