test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Developer Stream: Storm King's Thunder

2»

Comments

• shiva79#6664 shiva79 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    would like to know, if the devs are worried, that the requirements for the new dungeon, in combination with current refining costs, will disencourage newer players or small accounts, or make them feel left out.
    if yes, is there anything planned, to solve this
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    truckula said:

Here is what I would like to see added to the game.

FASHION CLOSET

Yes, I know it sounds silly. Yes, I know this sounds useless. However, bear with me a moment. For each fashion outfit you wish to wear you have to dedicate three slots in your inventory. Even if you have the runic bags, this will eat up your inventory in a hurry. There are tons of outfits in the store, every event comes with an outfit, in fact most major events come with two or three outfits. The Liars Masquerade comes with a bunch of masks to wear as well. Some of us really like to change the outfits on our toons on a regular basis.

Here is how it could (read should) work.
    1. The closet should have three tabs. One for each slot
    2. All available clothing outfits should be displayed in each tab.
    3. All pieces should be shown in a locked state, but you should be able to preview each item.
    4. As each new piece of fashion is equipped it should then be unlocked.
    5. Players should be able to test out pieces from all three tabs with a preview model on their toon, with the option to save any changes as they go or when they are finished.
    6. Saving will only work for unlocked items.
    Here are some optional ideas that could be nice (future) additions.
    • The closet is an account wide unlock. (Possibly for a small zen fee.)
    • Upgrades to clothing much like the insignias for the horses.
    • Possible small set bonuses.
    • A companions closet where different sets of clothing for similar racial classes. (IE no dog clothes on humans or vice-versa.
    • Ability to where a companions outfit.
    • Special fashion items for our companions. (Yes, I actually dress up my pets for Halloween, and would like to see this in game!)
    yes yes yes

as for now I just wanna an extra tab for my fashion.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User

1. Can we get ability rearrange our characters at the select screen?
    like to be able to put my current main at the top of the list and the toons i rarely play way to the bottom.
    2, with Companions and Mounts making up for a large percentage of characters stats, any thoughts on counting them towards iLvL?
    3. will xbox ever get custom chat channels?
    4. Can you please fix the xbox chat filters, having to type *got for the last year is getting a little old. also PoM
    5. Any progress on power set switching - build loadouts?
    6. Can the traveling wizard show up at different times? like odd and even days (currently he is 1:30, 3:30, 5:30 etc)

1. Favorite characters on the character select screen
    5. Dual-Spec (PvE/PvP), Gear/Power bar layouts

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • virsalus#4183 virsalus Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    @strumslinger Do you guys have any plans of improving connectivity for non US customers?
  • superent666superent666 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited August 2016

With regards to the requirements below, how are F2P players expected to raise their IL by about 600 points during the new campaign? Even if they are fully up-to-date with ME-weapons, they will not be able to reach 3.1k IL with the content currently available to them.

Well, I seriously hope that a complete rework of the (very bad) IL system that doesn´t count a ton of things is planned ...
    AND that there are also plans to make progression beyond 2.5k IL A LOT easier. Leveling artifacts (only one example) right now is about 4-5 times harder than it has been before the "bot-fight". How is this fair to new players?
    I´m not even a F2P player (I buy VIP, bought a mount, respec tokens etc., never big money, but far more than nothing) but my highest IL toon (have 3) is only 2.7k IL - and of course I have done all the content many times over, so I looked forward to new content but nuh-uh...no access for me.
    Now I DO think that more challenging content is really needed and I sincerely hope that the new content will not be gated at 3.1k IL (though what does it even mean considering the rather meaningless IL-system that is in place) but still be perfectly doable for a team of 2.5k IL toons that do NOT hop about like brainless zombie apes (one can hope) but you have to give players a better chance to reach this IL -without- being forced to make funny choices that boost the IL much more than the toons performance, spend ludicrous amounts of money or grow a long white beard while hardcore-farming. I probably could buy armor reinforcement kits (of course the armor will be useless with the new sets...-.-) and spend the ad I saved for a perfect vorpal (took me forever) on other nonsense but is that fun really? Nah.
    So what? Begging for borrowing some r12´s in the guild chat? Will get me kicked. Hacking? Too lazy. Hoping to win the big prize in the daily lockbox-lottery? Too pessimistic. Whining on the forums? Well I wish I´d come up with something better but...
    I´d actually REALLY would appreciate some dev feedback on this issue :(
  • hugienwnhugienwn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
    Is there any plan to revisit (and hopefully buff) the gear that can be crafted via masterwork professions? As someone who has invested a ton of time and AD in this to get Jewelcrafting and Artificing finished, I would love to be able to make things that are actually worth it via the tier 2 recipes.

One simple suggestion, to serve as an example of the sorts of things I think could spice things up for masterwork profs:
    - part of the huge appeal of masterwork rings was their 2 slots. However, when underdark +4 rings were granted a 2nd slot, that removed the allure of masterwork rings for all but a small subset of hardcore PVPers seeking extra tenacity. If masterwork rings were given either 2x offense or 2x defense (like +5 underdark rings), that would instantly put them back on the map as BiS gear attainable through the blood, sweat & tears that is masterwork professions. :)

Thanks for all your hard work -- I'm very excited for what mod10 and beyond will bring!
  • littlemissadamslittlemissadams Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Question about the giveaway.

How do I ensure I qualify for the giveaway item. Like, do i need to join the twitch channel via my ps4 or does it matter what platform I use to join with?

Is it a contest giveaway or does everyone who joins the stream receive the item?

I don't have any experience with these things which is why I'm asking.
  • blackmagidblackmagid Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    While the summer festival was running there was a large seating area / dance & mingle area at the stronghold. These areas look great but add very little utility, I would like to be able to sit at a table and choose an animation for my character be it eat a food item etc. Given the size of the seat, I would like to suggest that 3 others can also sit at the same table (nobody likes sitting by themselves!).

Thank you
    BlackMagi
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Question about the giveaway.

How do I ensure I qualify for the giveaway item. Like, do i need to join the twitch channel via my ps4 or does it matter what platform I use to join with?

Is it a contest giveaway or does everyone who joins the stream receive the item?

I don't have any experience with these things which is why I'm asking.

As long as you are logged in and can use the chat channel, you can participate. It is done by lottery. Andy picks a hashtag (#words), you type it in the chat once, and a bot draws names from everyone who typed it correctly.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    A question that has been asked many, many, many times before:
    Why won't you put the Loyal Companion gear in the game on Xbox?

The fact that it's from Swordcoast adventures, which Xbox can't access isn't a valid excuse.
    I'm pretty sure it's just an item-id that is placed in a loot-table, take your pick...
  • dirtyguttzdirtyguttz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Hi my question is will you ever be able to transfer a purchase from one platform to another? My next question is in your opinion what is the most exiting new feature/content coming in future updates?
  • wurmschwanzwurmschwanz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    I don't get why people are whining about Fangbreaker Island and the requirement of 3,1k ilvl. Not everyone should be able to do anything. Just a casual with ,,low" gear? Then you shouldn't be in this dungeon. Please please please don't make the dungeon easier, we need at least one dungeon like this in this game. If you don't have 3,1k you just have a new goal. Improve your gear to get in this dungeon. Oh, and don't forget that a lot of players reach 3,1k or more without paying money.
  • katycurrykatycurry Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    Andy, Strumslinger, i really like you ... but this stream was awfull ... Video and Audio-Quality where low AF, and you just talked instead of showing things ... that was 1 hour of Lifetime i wasted in watching you talking about, well most felt about the Devoted Cleric of your mate there ... i really disliked this ...
This discussion has been closed.