test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A question about the team choices - PLAY WITH STRUM, GET A RAINBOW PANTHER! [OPEN 7/28]

tieashametieashame Member Posts: 25 Arc User
I am not sure exactly how you have chosen the winners for your teams but from my calculations there is an error.
You have the last slot for 8/2 posting time at 12:10 yet there is an edit for the 8/2 slot done at 12:08.

2. First person to sign up for a slot gets it, so please make sure to check that no one else has taken your
slot. I will try and update the schedule every day or so, but no promises! There are four slots per sign-up.

Nowhere in this rule does it say that edits do not count. I signed up at 12:08 via edit due to the 1st was taken before that last slot at 12:10 was filled, so I am curious on exactly how they were chosen or am I not seeing something that is obvious?

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I got passed over on an edited time because my first choice was claimed before my post posted as well.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    It was a first come, first serve basis. I helped make the list, and didn't check edits when I was trying to hurry up and make it. I will speak to Andy about it tomorrow and see how he wants to handle it. This one is on me though.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    llorissellorisse Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    happened to me too i sended a pm to Andy to solve this
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    kreatyve said:

It was a first come, first serve basis. I helped make the list, and didn't check edits when I was trying to hurry up and make it. I will speak to Andy about it tomorrow and see how he wants to handle it. This one is on me though.

OK, I PUT A CUTE PICTURE OF A SAD PUPPY WITH A CUTE SAYING AND IT WAS CHANGED TO SOME CHICK IN A VERY REVEALING OUTFIT! I DID NOT PUT THAT PIC AND REMOVED IT!
    awe @kreatyve, don't we just make you guys lives a living bucket of funness :p

*meme above is meant to be funny, not trying to be disrespectful*
    Post edited by tieashame on
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    Its kind of a joke.

Last time I signed up for an open slot.

Then someone ahead of me in the thread edited their post, to take my open slot.

Now I don't give a HAMSTER anymore.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    Well, what we can surely do is that we suggest people to resign up instead of editing. The order of the posts is a clearer evidence.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    When I apply to these things I just read the comments, mentally tally who has applied to each category and then apply to the category with the least. Seems to have worked each time.
  • Options

When I apply to these things I just read the comments, mentally tally who has applied to each category and then apply to the category with the least. Seems to have worked each time.

I can't ever do most of the times offered for these events because Andy works during the same time of day that I do. I tried to jump on the one that would definitely work for me, but 4 other people were also right there refreshing the thread to paste in their same answer. I posted the second it was possible. I edited in a second time slot that was still available and that I can make work. My phrasing was wishy-washy so I thought that might be a factor in getting skipped.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    All the spots were gone within about 15 minutes, which is why when my partner and I signed up we went for the 10th as we figured most people would be trying for earlier slots! ;)

Someone should go through the list and note all the signup times, including the edit times, and create a new signup list. If it really was first-come, first-serve, then the latest of either the post creation or edit time should be the deciding factor as to who signed up for what slot.

Perhaps in the future for contests like these disabling post editing on the signup thread would be a good idea? Or, if that is not possible then post editing should be a disqualifying factor, instead require people to simply create a new post on the thread if they notice a slot they wanted has already been filled?
    @samaka#2511
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    How about free rainbow panther for all! Free monday gift.

I totally meant to sign up.. I surely did...

:p
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

All the spots were gone within about 15 minutes, which is why when my partner and I signed up we went for the 10th as we figured most people would be trying for earlier slots! ;)

Someone should go through the list and note all the signup times, including the edit times, and create a new signup list. If it really was first-come, first-serve, then the latest of either the post creation or edit time should be the deciding factor as to who signed up for what slot.

Perhaps in the future for contests like these disabling post editing on the signup thread would be a good idea? Or, if that is not possible then post editing should be a disqualifying factor, instead require people to simply create a new post on the thread if they notice a slot they wanted has already been filled?

We can't turn off editing on just certain threads.

How about free rainbow panther for all! Free monday gift.

I totally meant to sign up.. I surely did...

:p

Yeah, I will ask Andy about that one. No promises though.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    bawkrubawkru Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    strum needs to change his class to suite what is missing in the party and have decently gear out char for this. after that be using something along the same lines of ACT and look at what is being used were and how run 3 separate dungeons ( suggest kr/etos/cn) then at the end of ask peeps for a short answer of what is needed for each dungeon and what they think should be buff/Nerf for classes in the party .. 1 of these should be PVP day also ... and i 100% think it would be better if u just ghost these partys and watch what they do vs being in the party yourself once the GM/CM/DEV start playing the game and watching the game then there will be change.
  • Options
    Andy only has 1 level 70 on PC right now. He can use dev magic if he really wanted to (I think?) but he doesn't like to do that. The Play with Strum event is supposed to be something fun, not "who plays their class the best".
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    bawkru said:

strum needs to change his class to suite what is missing in the party and have decently gear out char for this. after that be using something along the same lines of ACT and look at what is being used were and how run 3 separate dungeons ( suggest kr/etos/cn) then at the end of ask peeps for a short answer of what is needed for each dungeon and what they think should be buff/Nerf for classes in the party .. 1 of these should be PVP day also ... and i 100% think it would be better if u just ghost these partys and watch what they do vs being in the party yourself once the GM/CM/DEV start playing the game and watching the game then there will be change.

No.

These events are just for fun. They're not for testing and they're not for trying to prove a point about anything.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Sorry about that, guys. I do usually make the list at the end of the day, so edits usually make it through. I'll figure something out.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    lhachmacarlhachmacar Member Posts: 59 Arc User

bawkru said:

No.

These events are just for fun. They're not for testing and they're not for trying to prove a point about anything.
    Thank you for saying this more politely than I was about to, Becky.
  • Options
    eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    Could always add more days :D
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Any fixes for this yet? The 1st is in 1 day. *though that one was correct from my calculations*
  • Options
    Probably not going to hear anything until tomorrow at the least.

As the first event was properly booked that gives Andy a little more time to come up with a solution to the issue. :)
    @samaka#2511
  • Options
    onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    Looks like nothing so far and one event is completed. :/
  • Options
    tieashame said:

Any fixes for this yet? The 1st is in 1 day. *though that one was correct from my calculations*

They could not reasonably take a time slot away from someone who had their name on the posted list. That wouldn't be fair either. It's not their fault.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited August 2016
    I had wondered about people editing posts, however, I will say it's not your fault either @beckylunatic... you also signed up for a spot, and by the rules you were first to sign up.

I hope this can all be resolved, maybe just giving the few people who got left out accidentally a panther for their troubles would fix the issue? :)
    Post edited by samaka#2511 on
    @samaka#2511
  • Options
    llorissellorisse Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    no one can asnswer pls?
  • Options

tieashame said:

They could not reasonably take a time slot away from someone who had their name on the posted list. That wouldn't be fair either. It's not their fault.
    I would never ask Andy to remove the ones who were on the list. But in fairness, 3 of us actually made the list and did not actually get it. A definite answer on this would be very nice no matter what it is, ya know?
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Closing this as I will take care of this in PMs.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

This discussion has been closed.