test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Art Developer Blog: World Building of Lonelywood

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Hello, I’m Ryan an environment artist on the Neverwinter team. Lonelywood is a very specific area in the D&D world so it had to meet certain specifics but within those parameters I was pretty free to creatively explore and create.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10089163-art-developer-blog:-world-building-of-lonelywood

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    The video should be linked later in the post.

Pretty neat, and nice to see that our eyes will get some relief from the whiteout of Bryn Shander.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I can think of a host of Foundry authors who would love tools like that...
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User

I can think of a host of Foundry authors who would love tools like that...

AMEN! Just release it without the Terrain Editor even!
  • duryntedurynte Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    Thank you for sharing! My huntress is curious already, always on the watch for adventuring into woody terrain.
  • valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    Yep, we'll love that tool for the foundry, yeah, yeah, I already know not gonna happen...

But if only we could do constest for terrains, and the winner could be published...
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    After a week of playing in Lonelywood I can tell that this is one fun area. You could be 5 feet away from a quest item and not know it. Best to use your slowest mounts for this area.....faster the mount the greater chance of missing quest items and relics (walking is best). ;)
  • superent666superent666 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    The Neverwinter Nights 2 Editor was so awesome I actually stopped playing and only did module-design. If there was such an editor (or at least an improved one)...why not proclaim a weekly winner (dungeon, not quest) and make that dungeon available through the public queue - giving the usual rewards? Would make a lot of players happy who have done all the existing dungeons a million times.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Cryptic doesn't care. There have been suggestions and solutions presented many, many, MANY times... They just don't want to even touch the foundry. Completely mind-boggling as "customers" have been begging and pleading for MORE content ("Foundry -- Infinite Content!") and MORE Dungeons and Skirmishes.

Talk about letting a golden goose just wither, sicken and die in a dark corner.

Edit: They can't even fix a dozen or more simple spelling errors that have existed SINCE BETA.
    I can't even fathom how they cannot be incredibly ashamed and embarrassed.
  • superent666superent666 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    @eldarth: yah, I should have guessed that, sorry. I agree that it is mind-boggling.
    The player-made dungeons wouldn´t even have to be perfect and polished - if they are clearly labeled as "player-made" and would change frequently (the top-rated ones might be scheduled for a return) it would be ok if they are not perfect and not to everyone´s liking (not that the current "official" ones are...). Players that consider them too easy, too hard, too blah could just wait one or two weeks for the next one.
    They could even recruit community-members to review dungeons, send the good ones to cryptic and send the ones that need improvements back to the players that made them. This would offer variety and introduce a creative element and occupy bored players ... It would be awesoooome... :o
  • thevirus2011thevirus2011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User

The video should be linked later in the post.

Pretty neat, and nice to see that our eyes will get some relief from the whiteout of Bryn Shander.

Was thinking the same thing!!