test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Any new weapons in mod 10?

lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
Just as title says, trying to figure out if any new weapons are coming out. Haven't seen any on preview yet and wonder if i should go ahead and refine some different weapons for alts are save the RP
"we all love this game and want it to thrive"

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Nobody else has found any sign of new weapons (or other artifact neck/belt) either, just armor.

This is not a guarantee they won't add something, but it doesn't really make sense for them to do so at this time. An entire new armor system is a lot of change and they are somewhat unlikely to do more than that at one time. Also, weapons that are a flat improvement over the current ones would add power creep (via higher base damage), and that would go against their efforts to make the new module provide more challenge. The primary reason to pursue new armor is special damage resistance, and not that it's objectively better than the old.

So you're taking your chances, but I've opted to go for a weapons upgrade now, because I don't believe they're likely to add new ones just yet.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

Nobody else has found any sign of new weapons (or other artifact neck/belt) either, just armor.

This is not a guarantee they won't add something, but it doesn't really make sense for them to do so at this time. An entire new armor system is a lot of change and they are somewhat unlikely to do more than that at one time. Also, weapons that are a flat improvement over the current ones would add power creep (via higher base damage), and that would go against their efforts to make the new module provide more challenge. The primary reason to pursue new armor is special damage resistance, and not that it's objectively better than the old.

So you're taking your chances, but I've opted to go for a weapons upgrade now, because I don't believe they're likely to add new ones just yet.

https://www.twitch.tv/perfectworld_community/v/76473285

37:31

"Does Storm King's Thunder introduce new weapons? Yes."
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    urabask said:

could be transmutes though, ill hold off a few days all the same
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    black ice weapon was crappy... the armors were awesome though :D
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    urabask said:

The *one time* I don't watch a stream....

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

I think new weapons should not be added right now considering so many are/have grinded and spent to get to 2.5k for Twisted. I negates a lot of work for a lot of players.

Yup. Whoopdeedoo time to spend 4 million RP to make up the RP gap from feeding mainhands+offhands on four toons : \
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    More weapons.. yay?

Less fun.. yay?

More bugs... yay?

More nerfs.. yay?

More complaints.. obviously..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options

urabask said:

The *one time* I don't watch a stream....
    So I got a chance to watch the couple of minutes of this stream after that question, and while he says "yes, new weapons", he also says "sorry, I don't know" with regard to new artifact equipment, and that he is only assuming that there will be new artifact equipment because there's always new artifact equipment.

There's not anything in the current build to indicate new additions other than the armor (and one artifact) at this time.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    If there is indeed new weapon sets it only makes sense that it will be Black Ice related as in Mod 3. I'd be more than happy if they skipped new artifact equipment for just one mod. I'm so tired of constantly upgrading for no real progress.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    Mod 10 is such a Mod 3 clone hat it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they added the weapons to the HE rewards. B)​​
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

If there is indeed new weapon sets it only makes sense that it will be Black Ice related as in Mod 3. I'd be more than happy if they skipped new artifact equipment for just one mod. I'm so tired of constantly upgrading for no real progress.

i m sure it would be really hard to release something better than twisted weapons.