test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do you wish for Sahha match que event to stay forever? (feedback)

metalldjtmetalldjt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,310 Arc User
edited July 2016 in Player Feedback (PC)
So i've been playin some of the matches and i find that the concept is nice and fun, but it still needs some work to make it better.

1. Goal post , as a Goal Keeper you cannot defend the post from higher balls since our characters are so tiny compared to the goal post.
check image

- How to fix it is to increase the GRAVITY so that we can jump higher, not that much higher, but a bit higher.

2. No WALLS , since there are no walls alot of the BALLS are goin outside of the court, resulting into reseting and starting from the middle.

- How to fix it is to place WALLS also a CEILING , where the ball will never go out.

3. the game is not fast paced and the ball movement is kinda slow .

- How to fix decrease the gravity of the ball , not by much.

Other improvements:

- A match shouldn't be longer than 5 minutes
- Whenever the play resets the random stuns are annoyn as hell.

There are few other games out there such as Rocket league and even haxball that this event could've get few elements from there.

@asterdahl @strumslinger

thanks for the fun event!

Do you wish for Sahha match que event to stay forever? (feedback) 40 votes

Yes
50%
sabre10nisckisklangeddinbeckylunaticthestiashadows1313cilginordekjosiahiyonmamalion1234voidgiftviperdvmanjugger71szejhuludpuchaczsomeonediesplasticbatmetalldjtcellablockzach#3177samaka#2511thez3rt3r 20 votes
No
50%
qexoticniteingalesilverkeltdefiantone99nwpilgrimironzerg79arabaturlooomiscambo1682regenerdetorontodavenamelesshero347feanor70118polaris1986foxxy#4211wildfiredejimbrowszibadawatheslotharmy#3268drewhayes 20 votes
Post edited by metalldjt on

Comments

• zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    No
    It's God to the Awful. 10 minutes of awful, boring controls.
  • kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    not gonna vote this is event is kittens sry.

Mod edit: Circumventing the profanity filter may result in silly random words replacing your profanity.
    Post edited by kreatyve on
  • josiahiyonjosiahiyon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Yes
    great event, my favorite so far in terms of actual play. I could play this all day. However, I do agree with lancer's suggestion. Faster pace (i.e. run at 100% movement speed), balls bounce off wall, 5 minute matches.

More balanced than domination pvp :P

I'd also suggest making the ball larger.
    Post edited by josiahiyon on
    Pvpbysynergy.png
    Iyon the Dark
  • foodittofooditto Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    Thirding the "it's a good idea, but needs work" feedback. There's the makings of a pleasant little funtime game that's not quite Rocket League-esque (not that I expect a minigame in Neverwinter Online to compete with a full-fledged game based around the concept), but fun enough for a casual match every so often.

- Have ceilings instead of out-of-bounds to minimize resets, as magenubbie suggested.
    - Maybe have a key/power you can hold down to lock your camera to the ball, as if you were using the targetlock command (or whatever it's called). Given the size of the field and the tiny ball, a way to locate it quickly would be good.
    - Allow players to jump higher or reduce the size of the goalposts.
    - Also a magenubbie suggestion: Buffs scattered along the field that respawn at random locations, and they don't necessarily need to be strictly beneficial. Brief speed boosts. Higher/further jumps. Ball becomes heavier or lighter, altering its trajectory respectively.
  • drewhayesdrewhayes Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    No
    kievitz said:

Mod edit: Circumventing the profanity filter may result in silly random words replacing your profanity.

I'd rather do this than domination... especially if they add glory rewards to the chest. @ least with THIS form of PvP every participant gets some rewards.

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,362 Arc User
    Yes
    drewhayes said:

kievitz said:

I'd rather do this than domination... especially if they add glory rewards to the chest. @ least with THIS form of PvP every participant gets some rewards.

But you chose no.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • drewhayesdrewhayes Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    No

drewhayes said:

kievitz said:

But you chose no.
    They haven't added glory to the chest yet

• jugger71jugger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 252 Arc User
    Yes
    Thumbs up, Sahha is a riot!
  • polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    No

- A match shouldn't be longer than 5 minutes
    agreed or stop the match when there are more than 5 balls between teams.
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Yes
    While I voted yes, the game does need some work.

My first match wasn't fun at all. It actually reminded me of the first time I queued for Domination and landed in an environment with no idea what I was supposed to do. With a bit more information (and graphics turned up to see the ball!), it was way more fun. More fun the more people in the match actually understand what to do. I was initially skeptical but now quite like the game.

BUT....

Like others, I'd like to see less time locked out of actual play. It is very dull to have the ball knocked out of bounds over and over. Returning to your position seems to help a lot with the match resets taking too much time, but this isn't communicated at all except as a sort of... sidebar "suggestion". There's no indication that you have the power to make the reset faster, as far as I can tell. The sidebar might as well be telling you what is happening as guiding you what to do.

Matches could be shorter. Either have a minimum number of goals to declare a winner before the time expires, because it's not fun to continue getting trounced when you're losing badly, or the suggestion of stopping the match when one team gets a sufficient lead is in the same spirit. It does eliminate the possibility of turning things around, but I think it would feel better and encourage trying again if you're not stuck in so many matches that just drag on forever and enforce the feeling of hopeless defeat. I agree that five minutes is plenty and ten is too long. The game is much more fun for being fast-paced and kind of frantic.

I don't really like that you have to buy moves. I guess I get it for the seasonal aspect, and I guess it would be ok if it wasn't so difficult to earn sufficient currency to obtain them all quickly (and not sacrificing progress towards fashion sets because some of us care about those too), but going up against opponents with more unlocks than you isn't so much fun... but not anything close to as bad as poorly matched Domination. That's a huge positive here, that your gear is totally irrelevant and the game is based on skill. The downside is that part of the skill is mastering stuff you gotta buy first.

Also, as much as people are enjoying it, I can tell you right now that the official line will likely be that if it was available all the time, it wouldn't be special anymore so they're keeping it seasonal. Still, it's interesting taken in conjunction with the thread soliciting feedback on PvP modes.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    Yes
    love it joined my fellow gwfs and went on a 10 win streak :)
  • zach#3177 zach Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Yes
    I vote yes. I've played three matches today and it seems players are getting used to how the ball handles. We were getting far more volleys before the ball would be hit out of bonds. Last match I played was epic. I was on team shark and we jumped out to an early 3-0 lead only to have natulis storm back in the finally minutes to tie the game.

Also the atmosphere among teamates has been great alot of chatter and friendly banter during the games. I think that is tied to the fact no significant rewards are at stake so no pressure if you lose.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Yes
    zach#3177 said:

Also the atmosphere among teamates has been great alot of chatter and friendly banter during the games. I think that is tied to the fact no significant rewards are at stake so no pressure if you lose.

Also the randomness of the rewards. You can get tickets for a loss, so it can just be friendly play.

(I say that in spite of taking a critical eye on a video of a premade steamrolling a pug team in sahha.)

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I'd rather spare the lives of seal pups than allow this torture device breathe for one more second. It's wonky and it'll always remain that way.
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

I'd rather spare the lives of seal pups than allow this torture device breathe for one more second. It's wonky and it'll always remain that way.

LMFAO!!! You're a twisted mo-fo bro. Got me laughing on that one.

I need to try it just once to make an opinion. Seems opinions are pretty polarized right now about it.
  • spike#5569 spike Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    In real life on a beach with a beachball and liquor, yup. In game with aforementioned improvements, maybe. In game as is, nope.
  • wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    No
    If it stays it will be bound to some needed currency and none of your fixes will be implemented so i cast a No.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Yes
    I vote yes, but it does need some tweaking.

Being able to pick your starting position would be very nice, as would the addition of a goalie position as you really do need one... perhaps another skill specific to goal tending would be nice too? Like a high-jump for blocking, but only able to be activated when within specific distance of the goal?

I think adding nets or magical barriers around the pitch would be a great addition. This is already some mix of soccer and volleyball so why not add a touch of hockey and surround the pitch so the ball no longer goes out of bounds. Far too much time is spent resetting positions, and it really breaks the flow of the game. If the ball never went out of bounds you would have considerably more intense matches, with resets only happening on goals.

The physics engine... I don't know if a real physics engine is being used, or if it is something coded from scratch... but the ball does not behave in any way realistically. I mean, in any way at all. I've seen the ball be high up above our heads and just turn in mid air. I've seen it hit the side of the goalpost, slide up the post then slide sideways along the top, fall down a bit and go into the goal.

I am going to guess these physics issues are due to the fact that the ball position is being calculated server-side and being sent to us over the laggy general internet... which for something like the constant updating of a ball in a fast(ish) paced game of Sahha leads to some very strange ball behaviour. I am not sure how easy this would be to fix, it might require some developer input from someone who has worked on an online sports title perhaps?

One thing I didn't like was the gating of skills behind copper tickets. I really want the fashion outfit and given the low drop rate of copper tickets I can't bring myself to "waste" them on Sahha skills until I know I'll have my fashion outfit... meaning that games now are becoming pointless for me as if enough players on the opposing team have the extra skills I can't really compete. I think it would have been far more enjoyable if we all just started with the 4 Sahha skills at once for a level playing field for everyone without requiring the spending of precious copper tickets for a temporary event!

Would I want Sahha to be something I could play year-round? Yes, I would. I'd also like to see a bit of polish to make the game even more enjoyable! :)
    @samaka#2511
  • looomislooomis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 253 Arc User
    No
    I am really surprised that there are people who actually enjoy this event.
  • samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    Yes
    Why would you be surprised?

A common fallacy of people is to believe that everyone likes and dislikes the same thing they do. However, if you look around at the world this is obviously not the case! ;)

I really enjoy playing Sahha, typcially in the goalie position, and I would like it even more if the constant out-of-bounds issue were fixed at the very least. The rest of the issues I could live with, but the OOB issue is one that really needs to be fixed, in my opinion, to make this minigame considerably better than it is!

Otherwise, I say it is a solid effort and give the dev team kudos for it! :)
    @samaka#2511
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    No

Why would you be surprised?

A common fallacy of people is to believe that everyone likes and dislikes the same thing they do. However, if you look around at the world this is obviously not the case! ;)

I really enjoy playing Sahha, typcially in the goalie position, and I would like it even more if the constant out-of-bounds issue were fixed at the very least. The rest of the issues I could live with, but the OOB issue is one that really needs to be fixed, in my opinion, to make this minigame considerably better than it is!

Otherwise, I say it is a solid effort and give the dev team kudos for it! :)

Some of the OOBs occur because people don't understand that the direction they're facing the ball dictates the direction it heads off in. Other occur because defenders know this, and because they don't have the luxury of picking an in-bounds facing lest the opponent advance the ball (likely into the net, as the field is so short).
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    No
    Game seems promising and has the potential to be a hit. But why bring it back? It would resemble what PvP is now. A relatively few people willing to have spent lots of money and had nothing better to do with their time then to bounce a ball a gazillion times to get the three additional skills. These people would queue up as pre-mades and go up against gen pop with only the one free skill. Ohhh, lots of fun for the majority of the players. No thanks.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    No
    No. The devs have more than enough on their plate than to waste time trying to make a mini-game like this fun.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • voidgiftvoidgift Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Yes
    ... but only if it would cost less then 1/100 of the resources they spend on the foundry.

And then, why not let one of the foundry guys make it for free?
    With dreams to be a king, first one should be a man.

Rise to POWER with <House of Power>.

The Exterminator - (NW-DLNXF3BGG)