test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Art Developer Blog: How-to on Lions

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
In this blog, we ask our Senior Character Artist, Jonathan Nascone, and our Senior VFX Artist, Michael Cavallaro, to let us peak behind the curtain and discover how the new lion art was created.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10030483-art-developer-blog:-how-to-on-lions

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    "Peek" (cough)

In all seriousness, the lions are stunningly beautiful and the artists did an amazing job with them. My favorite added creature model in a very long time. Always cool to get a glimpse into the process.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    They do not explain how to do it cheap!
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    I have trouble drawing a circle and you folks make it look so easy. :)

What are the chances of a King Penguin mount for the new mod?!? :p
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Very awesome, and very great work. I absolutely love the new lion mount and companion. Keep up the great work, guys!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    draknath1draknath1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    Now if only I would manage to open a lockbox and drop a golden lion, I would be the happiest person on earth.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    metalldjt said:

In this blog, we ask our Senior Character Artist, Jonathan Nascone, and our Senior VFX Artist, Michael Cavallaro, to let us peak behind the curtain and discover how the new lion art was created.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10030483-art-developer-blog:-how-to-on-lions

so the new community mount is the Lion , right?

white lion, Ligres , platinum lion , silver lion , dark lion , pleaseeeeeeeeeee tell me so !!!! and sign me up be4hand :dizzy:
    Oh! This would be epic! :D
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    zach#3177 zach Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Awesome work. I really enjoy these art developer blogs.
  • Options
    kclowekclowe Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Im confused will this be a companion or a mount? Because it says companion but shows a character riding it in one picture.
  • Options
    kclowe said:

Im confused will this be a companion or a mount? Because it says companion but shows a character riding it in one picture.

There are two lion mounts and a companion, all using the same base model (similar to the tigers and panthers and cats all using the same model).

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    orangebangorangebang Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    Question, in the youtube video there is an armored lion. When is the armored one going to be released or is it already active but just very very rare?
  • Options

Question, in the youtube video there is an armored lion. When is the armored one going to be released or is it already active but just very very rare?

The armor appears in combat.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    ansakuansaku Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    Animation and everything is really beautiful but disappointed at the running animation of lion , its looks like totally ripped off from GRIFFON mount running animation , i really hoped for unique running style for lion mount. Hope devs would come up with unique styles of animation for future mounts , not a recycle of exisiting mount animations.
  • Options
    Considering a Griffon is a mythical beast with the body of a lion....

Neverwinter Census 2017