test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Completing deeds on Chronicles tab: can't enter lairs

shadrakt2shadrakt2 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
I'm level 70, and I've been done with the leveling zones for a while. But with the new Chronicles campaign tracker, I want to go back and make sure to get all of the deeds done. The problem is that it requires me to complete lairs, and I can't get the quests to enter the lairs anymore. I've already tried talking to every quest-giving character on the map, no deal. The map in question is Pirates' Skyhold, and the lairs are Beneath Skull Fortress and Scoundrel's Retreat.

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    You have almost assuredly missed Lili Huntinghawk, who has a prerequisite quest to those.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Follow the quest chain backwards to where you dropped the zone and pick it up from there. I had the same issue, but in my case the character I was working on had only been in the Skyhold for Seeds and demons. I had to start from the first camp and work through to the final lair.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    The wiki helps a lot - search for the quest name, then most of the time, it will tell you the quest prior - just keep jumping back till you find the quest you can pick up.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    All of which would be much easier if the quest markets could be turned on for lower level quests....sigh.
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

All of which would be much easier if the quest markets could be turned on for lower level quests....sigh.

Also nice would be to turn low level quests off completely so the stupid game stops trying to direct your quest path towards a low level quest you're not looking to do, even when you have your quest journal set to not display the quest. Some quests are much bigger "focus hogs" than others, making some of them extremely annoying.
  • Options
    shadrakt2shadrakt2 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Thanks all for the advice. beckylunatic was right, I had missed Lili Huntinghawk. I guess the lesson is to a) be aware that new quest markers are turned off if your level is too high, and b) look at everyone who is standing around every camp site. If they have a name, they may have a quest for you.