test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guild Menu, Stronghold Tab

valynstarfirevalynstarfire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 100 Arc User
It seems that the Stronghold Tab in the Guild Menu causes a client crash if there seems to be a structure being upgraded at the time.

Comments

• Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    I just came to the forums to post that I was crashing when I clicked on the "Stronghold" tab in the guild page.

I believe we are upgrading Stables right now, so there's another data point.
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    And as another data point, after Stables was upgraded I could click the Stronghold tab and not crash.
  • Options
    hastur905hastur905 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    Yes this bug has been around for quite sometime in preview. I did not report it because it didn't crash the client once the structure was complete, which in preview is like a minute or so. However, that is not the case in live. So good news is when the structure is complete it will allow access again, bad news is with some structures taking a week or more to complete this may be a problem going forward.
  • Options
    aasuraasur Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    Same issue, R13-R14 SH upgrade
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    @terramak please investigate.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    I just notice same problem, 100% repeatable, started when someone started building upgrade (not sure which one, because i cash when i try to see but i guess it is warehouse 9->10)
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I read that if you access the UI via dialogue with the Steward, it won't crash, so you can check what building is upgrading that way (though if the building upgrading is anything but your guild hall, it's brief to wait out).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    Yup, we just ran into that problem. I just kicked off our guild hall upgrade from 6 to 7 and opening the tab crashes the client. So for the next six days, we can't open that tab... :'(
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    gwynny2gwynny2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    I started having this problem today as well.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    I managed to find a workaround: go talk directly to the steward and look at the overview that way.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    valynstarfirevalynstarfire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 100 Arc User
    Guildhall Rank 8 (not upgrading)

Marketplace to 4 (crash)
    Lumberyard, Farm, Stables to 4 (crash).
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    The biggest problem with this issue isn't not being able to see structures and stuff, but actually seeing when your farm/quarry/mine/lumberyard needs tending. The only place the amounts display is in this tab.

Right now we've been reminding guildies every few hours to tend, I'm thankful that we have dedicated people who go and check now as they log into the game.

We are about to finish GH 19 in 3 hours and 30 seconds later will be hitting the go button on rank 20 - so thats another 15 days of not clicking a tab and being able to see what needs tneding.