test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guardian Fighter Booster Pack?

bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
Does anyone have the details for the werewolf companion that comes in the Guardian Fighter Booster Pack?
<::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
"Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
Official NW_Legit_Community Forums

Comments

• iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    I think they made a movie about him, it was titled: "A Neverwintian Werewolf in Luskan."
    Oh...you mean the stats. Nope, can't help you there... ;p
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    In Monster of Faerun collection (at least on Gateway)

+5% lifesteal severity
    One of the powers sounds like it will be functionally like the Ghost's possession and actually a liability every time it converts something that needs to die to meet an objective.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    I hope to god the GWF pack introduces a battletested orc for a companion yelling slaughter for Gruumsh every 5 seconds.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    In my opinion, booster pack equipment should always level with you. Seriously -- you outgrow them in no time and the packs are never cheap.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    hustin1 said:

In my opinion, booster pack equipment should always level with you. Seriously -- you outgrow them in no time and the packs are never cheap.

Until the reduction in transmute costs, I felt they should be free appearance changes, but this matters a great deal less than it used to. The selling point for most people has been the uniqueness over the utility, particularly of the head and neck items that are usable by all classes (unless incorrectly flagged). This is again diminished with the recent packs since so much of the equipment is a colour swap of an existing item.

I think most of the pack's value as Cryptic prices things comes from the account-wide companion. And they believe the bag and helper pack are worth 1k and 1.5k Zen bought separately. So the pack is expensive, but not expensive relative to the price of things in the cash shop overall.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

In Monster of Faerun collection (at least on Gateway)

+5% lifesteal severity
    One of the powers sounds like it will be functionally like the Ghost's possession and actually a liability every time it converts something that needs to die to meet an objective.

I really don't get what they were thinking here. Do they really think GFs rely on lifesteal at all?
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    If it was another company behind it i would say it is connected to upcomming gf changes, but knowing cryptic they simply choose it couse it is the newest stat added to the game.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
    Yeah, I'd say it's just because they were trying to add a bonus that no other companion has had before.

Or... and this is based on the other rare companions recently added to collections, they designed these three companions and then flipped the two for fighters when it came to actually packaging them up for consumers. The other bonuses are damage against marked targets and incoming+outgoing healing. While both GWFs and GFs can mark, lifesteal is a lot more important to GWFs.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    That would explain it, as was the case with shadowclad droping instead of dread in the patch before.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    I peeked at the companion in-game, and one of the companion's abilities, (I think it's the level 30 one), gives you a pretty significiant bonus to lifesteal chance, (but I think it's tied to however many enemies the werewolf has infected and turned to werewolves).

This doesn't seem like a logical companion for a guardian fighter, however. Some sort of "pocket cleric" or perhaps an apothecary would make more sense...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User

This was prescient. I bought the pack during the 50% sale and tried using the Werewolf. I ended up backtracking in a quest because an objective that I thought I had completed (kill a pack of enemies) was incomplete because one of the enemies had been charmed and left behind.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    two30 said:

This was prescient. I bought the pack during the 50% sale and tried using the Werewolf. I ended up backtracking in a quest because an objective that I thought I had completed (kill a pack of enemies) was incomplete because one of the enemies had been charmed and left behind.
    They don't die after time like the ghost's possession?