test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Xbox] The Firemane Lockbox Roars In!

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited August 2016 in News & Announcements
Drawing its name and motif from the regal lion god—Nobanion—the Firemane Lockbox features fittingly radiant rewards.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9844913-developer-blog:-the-firemane-lockbox

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by strumslinger on

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I could tell @asterdahl wrote this one even from the first few sentences.

Just an observation that the devs really do have distinct writing styles, and I enjoy that aspect of these posts too. :)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    I want my new Aslan Lion!!!
  • arksarkserksesarksarkserkses Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    Does the Turmish Lion's passive ability (called Ferocity) has a cooldown like the legendary lion's passive? And what's the chance to proc it?
  • tanais58cranetanais58crane Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    Quite the shiny toy you gave us there.
    The stars are falling, and the old gods silent as death, with the blood sworn to rip you down from the night sky, what cost will pose too high?
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    Can I get a pink lion mount? :-D
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • lukejones77lukejones77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    Looks fantastic!

Is it irrelevant to 99.9% of us though? The typical 1 in 1000 drop rate, and few in the AH going for 55,000,000+ AD?
  • peregr1nusperegr1nus Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    ...combat league poster behind the lion mount? hmm
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    With the new lockbox, I'd like to point out a bug that has caused me problems. The shared bank has a silent limit: it will only store 10,000 trade bars. Any bars that you deposit after that simply go *poof*. They don't remain on your character and you don't get any sort of warning that lets you abort the process: they simply disappear. I personally lost about 4k tradebars that way, and I don't want to see anyone else suffer that sort of thing. Is there any chance you could put in some sort of fix to prevent this, even if it's just to prevent a deposit once the limit is reached?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I gotta say, the lion art is very beautiful, even up close. Saw someone with the companion yesterday.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • mercbenz360mercbenz360 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    The lions look great, but the powers sound worryingly OP for PvP. Also nice to get an Xbox post when you forget us for an event.

Mod edited out flamy bit.
    Post edited by kreatyve on
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I've been blinded by lions in the game. They are really bright if you are standing with one right in your camera.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • mrroofer#2455 mrroofer Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    Sweet a new lockbox to get garbage from awesome keep giving me those enchantment caches my goal is to get 100 of the blue worthless marks of potentcey marks of power union gotta collect them all. Don't forget the companion kits too and profession kits even better
  • hawkblaze1954#5209 hawkblaze1954 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    @strumslinger can you please inform us when this lands on the Xbox since the PC article is now reposted on Xbox?

@mrroofer#2455 Unfortunately blue marks are just bad luck from not getting purples.
    I don't mind the companion kits as the runestones go to my artifacts, and the it helps to get 120 companion tokens to upgrade my epics companions, which saves me a million AD :smile:
  • stararaja#5947 stararaja Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    How many keys is enough to get new golden lion. I bought 40 keys no luck :(
    PSN:
    StaraRaja
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

How many keys is enough to get new golden lion. I bought 40 keys no luck :(

You could buy 1000's and not get a lion. There's no guaranteed drop out of lockboxes.