test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Outbound paladin.. recovery stat

2»

Comments

• asjohnson#4476 asjohnson Member Posts: 172 Arc User

Those two things also require a specific class make up..so there not doable with just the warlock.

One path uses KF/MF to do broken amounts of damage and the other path uses the broken puppet. So, unless you a re a healing temp-lock...then you are using the most broken class in the game. I get that you like your class, but you can not seriously argue that it is not broken, ask anyone that is not delusional and they will tell you that YES the SW is broken,
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    That's very true, as a person who plays 6 classes I can honestly say the GWF, CW and TR definitely out-dps the SW in anything other than a properly combined 5 man group. Tbh, without that super-buff nobody would play SWs.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    Not really though. No path of the SW NEEDS both a GF and DC to be broken. One or the other is perfectly capable of breaking the class. So unless people are seriously running w/o any support at all, which I highly doubt, then the fact remains that the class is broken. My god I don't see how anyone could argue that its not broken lol. There are 50 posts on this very forum saying how broken it is, and yet you people still insist that its not smh.
    That's a misrepresentation of what's been said. What people have actually said is that in proper 5 man groups the SW does broken damage but in everything else, including all the solo stuff everyone has to go through, it under-performs. Most SW players would actually LIKE Cryptic to intelligently balance the class and make it work like it's supposed to.

I still play all the classes, that's how I know what's broken, what remains broken with given group compositions and so forth. So I'm not speaking w/o experience in these matters. Like I said though, you can claim all you want that its not broken (even though it is), that's your opinion. I'm done going back and forth here with someone who can't seem to admit they are wrong. Good day.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User

My recovery is like 8300 still not permanent how are you with only 6k recovery???

AP gain 1500+...Post Nerf, not so much :( I am about two seconds short.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • nightranger7477nightranger7477 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    And that is why it was made 6 seconds, the reason it wasn't nerfed to 10 was because permabubble would still be possible, on the PC side a player had a toon at 17000 recovery and around 1500 ap gain and still couldn't Perma but binding oath was near constant up time. Way too much investment for my taste being is how it could change again soon. Pallys are really good at self preservation but just do not have enough aggro, I'm now after a further review in favor of a shield of faith buff and getting rid of Divine Protector all together and replacing it with a taunt plus buff for group type of daily.
    A slight aside, has any tank tried the lightning enchantment? I'm curious as to how it affects threat gen.

• jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    null
    When my tank was a weakling, threat generation wasvan issue. However, after upgrading my toon and also being loaned a lightning enchanment, my aggro problem was, in most cases, solved. I think that even with aggravating strike, you can do aoe damage (albeit not much) thanks to the lightning enchanment so enemies seem to aggro on you more easily. Does aggravating strike have aoe effect without weapon enchantments though?
    Heh, so Lightning does improve threat gen...?

• jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    I'm not 100% sure but before having the stats I have now (offensive ones are almost the same though, they are hilarously low) and the lightning enchanment, threat was an issue to me.

Try getting a lesser one to see if mobs aggro more on you.
  • lanevosquadlanevosquad Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    yes the lightning enchantment does improve threat. Being a HR who has trans lightning and trans thunderhead, I'll admit to being an aggro magnet, even with higher IL GFs there.
    Legendary Adventurers
    1. Mistal Moonshadow (70 HR)
    Thanks for the confirmation, I'm gonna have to get one ;)

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I also can steal aggro from gfs... I don't have lightening. I'm not sure it's not just an hr thing. it's frustrating for everyone when the hr steals the aggro. lol.
    Its not just an HR thing. At least in Orcus, I have seen an HR/GWF/SW all take agro away from the GF. Before someone says, then the GF is not good at all, I have played with some BiS, best power using, best agro holding GF's in the game...so there is something within Orcus himself that draws his attention towards other classes.
  • hrunting1#2425 hrunting1 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Agreed
    Yep, in his face and more importantly, holding aggro. Probably the best advice for pallys trying to hold aggro atm is to get your resistance ignored to 60% and your damage reduction to 80% without the use of your daily.