test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GH Rank 12 Lion Statue....

bluebubbl3sbluebubbl3s Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
Ok, so we just upgraded our Guild Hall to 12 today, and the pile of boxes near the outfitter has become a lion statue! So majestic... except.... its not facing the main gate and looks so stupid!!!! Why is it randomly facing the other way?????

A first world problem I know... but did anyone else have the same reaction?? lol or wait... does it turn around at a later GH rank????

Cryptic... you need better interior designers :)
Myth (CW & DC)
Guild Leader - Valaurakari Ascension

VA is the creator and proud member of The Round Table Alliance

Comments

• valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    valwryn said:

Other than that statue..........has anyone ever seen a lion in this game?!!? :|

I think there is another Lion statue in Vault of Nine.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    valwryn said:

There is lion throne (the original has two lions, the new one has 2 hamsters)
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    Id be lyi'n if I said ive seen a lion.
    micky1p00 said:

valwryn said:

The throne of lion has 2 lions.
    The throne of Boo has 2 hempsters.
    The throne of Boo does not replace the throne of lion.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • goodyearbaddaygoodyearbadday Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    Lion statues were a common motif in the Foundry. I seem to remember seeing them somewhere along the way while leveling, but can't remember exactly where.
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    In this World........Lion's are either extinct or they're the Mythical creatures just like the Chupacabra, Bigfoot, and Eskimos. :D
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

micky1p00 said:

valwryn said:

The throne of lion has 2 lions.
    The throne of Boo has 2 hempsters.
    The throne of Boo does not replace the throne of lion.
    Yes, this is correct, I should have been more clear, I meant first time in the event, and then boo was added.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Lions are not extinct on Toril - in fact, there's a god of lions in the FR pantheon: Nobanion. I'm pretty sure Nobanion is basically just Aslan (from the Narnia books) without all the christian dogma attached.... still. Lions. Not extinct :)
  • wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    I agree, they are existing, but i think their apearence ingame is more due to the association of lions with coat do arms of medieval real world history than to anything dnd based. So it was let's do something mediaeval themed - cool lions ;)
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Well, if they add lions as a NW critter instead of just an art asset, they wouldn't be able to copy the body type from the other felines.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • bluebubbl3sbluebubbl3s Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    Off Topic People!!!! Lets talk the Statue.... its still bugging me!!!!! We called ours Cecil.... Cecil Cecilson :)
    Myth (CW & DC)

• two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User

Off Topic People!!!! Lets talk the Statue.... its still bugging me!!!!! We called ours Cecil.... Cecil Cecilson :)

Could you please post a pic for the people who don't have a level 12 guildhall? Can you stick your head in its mouth?
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
    lmao! no you cant get near it or jump on it!!! but yes, when i get home from work tonight, i will put up a pic... if i can figure out how to do that!! :)
    Myth (CW & DC)

• bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I think someone first commented on the Lion looking a bit in pain. This particular art piece I surmise is actually a commentary piece on the various pain and sacrifice of your guild mates to get to GH 12 or it could be merely a statute representing the majestic beast having digestive trouble after hunting an Axe Beak. My opinion leans toward the latter.

Either way, Congrats to you and yours on your GH upgrade. :)
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

edited May 2016
    imgur.com/jO1ZVyL

Delivered as promised... Cecil in all his glory.... except he is looking away from the Main Entrance!!! it kills me.
    Myth (CW & DC)

• darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    Yep, the large human statue behind him faces the same way -- which makes sense for it, since it's against a wall. But the lion is free-standing, and really should face the entrance.
  • revan06100revan06100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    Eum, no offense guys, but i think there are plenty of other issues that need fixing, before worrying about wich way faces a statue...

Yep, the large human statue behind him faces the same way -- which makes sense for it, since it's against a wall. But the lion is free-standing, and really should face the entrance.

It is facing the entrance of the hall (which we cannot get in). The flag hanging in that entrance seems to be an lion too.

Delivered as promised... Cecil in all his glory.... except he is looking away from the Main Entrance!!! it kills me.

The angle of the screenshot makes it look like the banner lion and the statue lion are roaring at each other. They're at different depths, so they don't actually face each other.

edited May 2016
    two30 said:

The angle of the screenshot makes it look like the banner lion and the statue lion are roaring at each other. They're at different depths, so they don't actually face each other.

That is not the banner I talked about. There is another banner on top of the wooden door of the hall entrance which is not shown in the picture.
  • maseta89maseta89 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Water fountain takes 3 guild halls to be built and yet a f****** lion statue take 12 gh? Gtfo
    lmao. yeah it took 12 Gh ranks and its FACING THE WRONG WAY!!!!! i just cant get past it. poor Cecil, all munted looking.

this has been a very entertaining thread... :)
    Myth (CW & DC)

• instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I don't see any nasty peasant bloomers hanging out in that picture.. please tell me that they GO AWAY!?
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

I don't see any nasty peasant bloomers hanging out in that picture.. please tell me that they GO AWAY!?

Raggy laundry gets replaced with snappy pennants? Yes please.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    i was VERY happy when the dirty laundry went away lol but i was sad when the wild deer decided they couldnt hang with us anymore. no chance of them coming back now with Cecil snarling at them (and in the wrong direction!!)
    Myth (CW & DC)

i was VERY happy when the dirty laundry went away lol but i was sad when the wild deer decided they couldnt hang with us anymore. no chance of them coming back now with Cecil snarling at them (and in the wrong direction!!)

I wish I could downgrade my guild hall below rank 1 to get more wildlife, then rename my guild to "Crags Conservation Society".

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    kvet said:

Lions are not extinct on Toril - in fact, there's a god of lions in the FR pantheon: Nobanion. I'm pretty sure Nobanion is basically just Aslan (from the Narnia books) without all the christian dogma attached.... still. Lions. Not extinct :)

Pretty sure Celestial Lion was a mount option at one point.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.