test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Account wide profession inventory

gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
Hi!

Many players have many different toons and do profession on multiple characters. Lately Ive started to do some professions on multiple toons and it didnt take me long before I got tired of moving resources, workers and tools between each char.

I therefor suggest that the profession bags are made account-wide so we dont have to move stuff back and forward all the time. Like if I have AD on one toon and need tools/workers or other things on different toons then I have to spend time mailing stuff to my self and log in and out from all my different chars. Its just tiresome. Moving AD the same way is also equally tiresome.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Oh gods, do I ever wish.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User

I say just let us put the stuff in the shared bank. While this idea sounds nice on paper, it may severely limit the amount of resources you can have by giving us 2 bags instead of multiple ones.

Add a few extra slots in the bags or make them auto expand when its full and problem is solved. I rather have 2 big bags than 10+ bags on 5 chars.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    Make it like the part of the currency bag that holds bounty items, etc. and just expand as needed.

I actually try to use professions quite a lot, but hate how much of my time is wasted by shuffling stuff at the mail because I ran out of blades on character A but character B still has hundreds of them, and character C has the rare task I was looking for, but character D has the tools. And if I'm Gatewaying, I can't access any of it.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    Having to use actually use mail to move items from one character to the other, on the same account, is such a big fail.
    I don't even know why this is still a thing.
    Same goes with AD transfering from one character to the other.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    This would be nice. Also, convert the bound Alchemical Research from a profession resource into a currency to keep them out of the shared bag. The Winterkill Emblems and Rings of Light are already currency.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options

Just the same, it would be nice. The only problem would be event mats. I can understand they don't want those account-wide.

Ehhh... Lightcrafting uses a few character-bound items that are treated as currency anyway, so each needs to earn their own. That's a reasonable limitation.

All the other event crafting stuff can be mailed already, so I don't see why it would make any difference.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    julianalz55julianalz55 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++
  • Options
    ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    People would find a way to exploit this, which is probably why it's not been implemented. I know there's reasons why professions resources aren't allowed in any vault.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

People would find a way to exploit this, which is probably why it's not been implemented.

Fear of exploits shouldn't and doesn't stop the developers from producing new features, content and items. The real problem is that the return-on-investment for quality-of-life improvements is very hazy.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    I just get gear for the characters when I need it for them. Most profession assets are cheap.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

People would find a way to exploit this, which is probably why it's not been implemented. I know there's reasons why professions resources aren't allowed in any vault.

The reason is probably that these resources are a different "kind" of item and can't fit into normal inventory slots. Just like they can't fit into your normal inventory, they can't fit into the shared bank slots.
    I agree that making some things account wide would be great. It can become a nightmare to organize everything if you have many characters. Especially since there are some boxes that contain profession resources but are character bound. So you have to open them on one character then send the resources to your other characters through the mail system, 5 items at a time.
  • Options

kreatyve said:

The reason is probably that these resources are a different "kind" of item and can't fit into normal inventory slots. Just like they can't fit into your normal inventory, they can't fit into the shared bank slots.
    Not true. It actually used to be possible for a guild to have profession assets in their bank for members to temporarily sign out, for example. This was patched forever ago for undisclosed reasons, and it's been impossible to transfer profession items unless by mail or player trade ever since.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    kreatyve said:

Sorry, but this is a hypothetical excuse and not a valid reason.

Lets not get out, because a bus can run us over - instead of looking both ways when crossing the road.
    Or lets never have relationships, people can cheat.
    Lets not have lockboxes, they can be exploited (known historical fact).
    Lets not have dungeons, they can be exploited (known historical fact).
    Or Lets not make software at all, all of it can be hacked, cracked and exploited.
    etc.... I think the point is clear here...

This is why in software development there are best practices, enormous verity of test types , design methodologies, and many other practices that meant to make a better, more robust and less exploitable software.
    But I believe in this case, actually doing minimal testing is all that takes, or for a change actually doing something about player reported bugs - which will give minimal incentive for players to actually test, reproduce and even report them.

Look at other companies:
    https://bugcrowd.com/programs
    facebook
    google/youtube

This game had it for free and done almost nothing with it, now most people wont even bother to report / reproduce.
    Post edited by micky1p00 on
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    people will eventually exploit everything in the game...so either stop new things like idk compsnions at all.....or don't and add shared AD/professions :)
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    I would love for some system that would let me access all my characters' professions resources without mailing them.

With the new stronghold crates I have non-Leadership professions running on everyone, and once a week I spend an hour mailing the resources I've accumulated to the crafter who actually uses that resource. I used to keep Leadership resources for rare tasks in the mail -- marks of gratitude, dragon scrolls, prisoners -- but I've given up on that; too much work.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Sorry for my slightly jaded response. But I'm sure this has been suggested in the past (I've suggested it myself) and for whatever reason the devs have, it's been shot down many a time. Last I heard, the devs had a reason, but didn't share the reason with me.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.