test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Will VIP ever be good again?

lindseylewislindseylewis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
Topic. They think they've appeased us with this dumb companion? VIP still isn't worth anything because you get virtually nothing for it. Bring back the good stuffs to trade bar store, cut the VIP price by 75%, or have it give 500 ZEN monthly like your other subs do. This is just more unacceptable garbage by PWE and Cryptic and pushes me that much closer to quitting the game.
~DREAM GODDESS~
Lindsey Lewis

Comments

• Options
    thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    This may or may not be the thread to post, but I would like to see the elimination of the professions vender in the VIP menu and add a seal vender in it's place. I simply don't recall a time when I had to absolutely use a professions vender on the fly...but everyone HAS been the guy that had to go to IWD or PE in the middle of farming to get rid of seals. The worst, Dragonflight with a full instance and you JUST realized your maxed on seals.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

This may or may not be the thread to post, but I would like to see the elimination of the professions vender in the VIP menu and add a seal vender in it's place. I simply don't recall a time when I had to absolutely use a professions vender on the fly...but everyone HAS been the guy that had to go to IWD or PE in the middle of farming to get rid of seals. The worst, Dragonflight with a full instance and you JUST realized your maxed on seals.

As far as I'm concerned this can be used as a general grievances thread if anyone likes. Gods know there is enough to complain about. So everyone can feel free to add their own personal grievances. Maybe if this thread gets big enough, it might have a 1% chance of getting their attention, and if so, a 1% chance of making changes. 1% > 0% so lets do it.

I want Neverwinter to be awesome.

For instance, I hate that the game is being made even more casual friendly. It's already the easiest game on the market today, and they're just makiing it more accessible when what is needed is an overhaul to make the game LESS casual friendly. I don't normally say that, I'm not hardcore myself, but dang, this is more casual than any other game in history in terms of how easy it is. Neverwinter currently makes Super Mario Bros. on the NES look impossibly difficult by comparison.

I mean, you literally can't adventure in every zone without overleveling by 5-10 levels, without even trying. This makes all the zones less fun. Heck, even a "turn off XP gain" could help people like me at least. We know you can do tuning, so make it so!
    ~DREAM GODDESS~
    Lindsey Lewis
  • Options
    nimandiirnimandiir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Killing the trade bar store pretty much stopped me from spending money on this game. In fact I believe Im going on havent spent a penny since they screwed the trade bar store over after I had purchased a full year of VIP. Now I get slapped in the face with this new companion for 6 month VIP purchasers.

I'm positive Cyptic is just Trolling us at this point. Or their marketing team is chocked full of terrible human beings.

Edit: And to the guy who was saying the Proffesion Vendor was a dumb thing and it should've been a Seal Vendor... I couldn't agree more!
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I'm not sure where all the hate is coming from.

For Enchanted Keys alone, VIP is worth it. Save up 2400 TTBs and buy a purple Griffon and slap it on the AH. That's about 2mil AD right there. For doing nothing. Not having to deal with injury kits is nice. Being able to pop a signpost is definitely worth it, especially lately, since quests seem to be getting drawn out with excessive travel times.

No listing fees on the AH is nice, as is the discount at the Wondrous Bazaar. Bonus XP, bonus AD for things, Epic Dungeon keys, Scrolls of ID. Plus, your bank, salvager and mailbox... What's not to like?

I can live without the profession vendor and the portal to Moonstone. A Seal Trader might be cool to have instead. Maybe a bonus on SH currencies.

Anyway.. YMMV. Look for HAMSTER, and all you'll find is HAMSTER.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    hammbo1969hammbo1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    I buy VIP monthly purely via the ZAX, as AD isn't oo hard to make in game. I've had some good stuff from the daily box key - epic mounts, legendary companions, etc...

More than the keys, I'd miss the travel signpost and mailbox most of all if I let VIP lapse.

They can try tempting me with offers, but as long as I can transfer AD to ZEN I won't pay real money for it.
  • Options

For Enchanted Keys alone, VIP is worth it. Save up 2400 TTBs and buy a purple Griffon and slap it on the AH. That's about 2mil AD right there. For doing nothing. Not having to deal with injury kits is nice. Being able to pop a signpost is definitely worth it, especially lately, since quests seem to be getting drawn out with excessive travel times.

No listing fees on the AH is nice, as is the discount at the Wondrous Bazaar. Bonus XP, bonus AD for things, Epic Dungeon keys, Scrolls of ID. Plus, your bank, salvager and mailbox... What's not to like?

I can live without the profession vendor and the portal to Moonstone. A Seal Trader might be cool to have instead. Maybe a bonus on SH currencies.

Most of that is worthless.

Bonus XP: This game is already the easiest ever made, and the fastest to level in, with no way around it. This is bad, not good, so bonus XP is a con, not a pro.
    Bonus AD: This is such a small amount you won't benefit unless you play A TON.
    Scrolls of ID: WORTHLESS, truly, I have hundreds of these things lying around now.
    Bank: Have to have high VIP for that.
    Salvager: This is high level only.
    Mailbox: Useless again.

The portal to Moonstone is literally the only thing remotely useful, and just for killing travel time after zones. TTBs you get maybe a couple from each, you'd need to open HUNDREDS of boxes to get 2400. And 90% of the time you get JUNK from the boxes that's completely worthless (Lesser Union Stones, etc).

Lemme pose the question to you: What is there TO like? None of this is worth anything.
    ~DREAM GODDESS~
    Lindsey Lewis
  • Options
    edited April 2016

I buy VIP monthly purely via the ZAX, as AD isn't oo hard to make in game. I've had some good stuff from the daily box key - epic mounts, legendary companions, etc...

More than the keys, I'd miss the travel signpost and mailbox most of all if I let VIP lapse.

They can try tempting me with offers, but as long as I can transfer AD to ZEN I won't pay real money for it.

Some of us don't wanna put hours on end into the game GRINDING FOR A PREMIUM CURRENCY. That is not how you make a good game.

Wanna see a well made game? Look at Paradox and CCP, and DO WHAT THEY DO! All PWE is doing is cashing in, not caring at all for the content or quality, and it's got me and thousands of other people ready to quit (and thousands more already have). If you think this is worth it, you are in a very tiny minority.
    ~DREAM GODDESS~
    Lindsey Lewis
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    nimandiir said:

I'm positive Cyptic is just Trolling us at this point. Or their marketing team is chocked full of terrible human beings.

LMFAO!!
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,292 Arc User

Most of that is worthless.

Bonus XP: This game is already the easiest ever made, and the fastest to level in, with no way around it. This is bad, not good, so bonus XP is a con, not a pro.
    Bonus AD: This is such a small amount you won't benefit unless you play A TON.
    Scrolls of ID: WORTHLESS, truly, I have hundreds of these things lying around now.
    Bank: Have to have high VIP for that.
    Salvager: This is high level only.
    Mailbox: Useless again.

The portal to Moonstone is literally the only thing remotely useful, and just for killing travel time after zones. TTBs you get maybe a couple from each, you'd need to open HUNDREDS of boxes to get 2400. And 90% of the time you get JUNK from the boxes that's completely worthless (Lesser Union Stones, etc).

Lemme pose the question to you: What is there TO like? None of this is worth anything.
    If you don't play a lot, nothing would be useful for you.
    Bonus XP, useful when you are over level 70.
    Bonus AD, yes, we play a lot. If you don't play a lot, no point to invest.
    Scrolls of ID is not worthless if you play a lot, I kept on out-used of what I picked up.
    Bank: high VIP, sure. One of the MOST use thing.
    Salvage: we are high level. Use it all the time.
    Mailbox: VERY useful. The 3rd most useful after portal and bank.
    Portal to moonstone: the most useless one.
    Portal: very useful unless you enjoy long riding time.
    No posting fee for AH: very useful. I don't need to post low price just in case I can't recover posting fee anymore. I can throw anything to AH without any "penalty".
    Discount in AD store: very useful. People actually bought stuff from there to resell to people who does not have VIP to financing them to have VIP.

In short, I cannot play without VIP anymore.

The key is if you don't play a lot, such as everyday, no, VIP is not for you.

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    Ok, let's say you have 6 alts doing the Maze Engine campaign, and they all have the daily that takes you to the very top of Icespire Peak. Dropping a Travel Signpost and instantly returning to Mantol-Derith to turn in the quest: priceless.

Or you're doing the blue dragon during Dragonflight, which usually entails multiple deaths. No injuries: priceless.

You're ready to turn in the weekly quest in WoD and you realize you're short 1 coffer. Dropping a mail portal and getting the stack of coffers you had in the mail (or same for bank), rather than riding back to PE to the nearest mailbox/bank, then all the way back to the middle of WoD: priceless.

3 free epic dungeon keys daily so you can hit max rAD on multiple characters: priceless.

-------------------------

VIP may be worthless to you; so don't buy it. I'm very satisfied with it, even ignoring the free lockbox keys.
  • Options
    So it's directed at the few remaining people who play this, the most casual and easiest MMO ever designed, extremely hardcore? Pardon, but that is POOR BUSINESS. You're literally catering to a minority that largely doesn't exist in the game.

Look, this thread is about FIXING things so that the WHOLE game is better. Why do you defend the pittance they give? Where are your bloody standards? I don't have spare money to throw at a game they put no effort into. There hasn't been a good patch the entire time I've played this game, and in fact each patch made me more angry and less wanting to play the game.

You who are satisfied are a small minority, as proving by dwindling number of players. I think we're at HALF the players from a year ago? That is a downward trend. But sure, keep defending them if you want this game to die altogether in the very near future.
    ~DREAM GODDESS~
    Lindsey Lewis
  • Options
    verdonix1 said:

I am not a fan of this game OR this publisher... HOWEVER, it is pretty clear to me that you are just looking for a fight... you should go find another game to play.

No, I want this game to be good and I'm sick of the slow death they're giving it. I have other games to play, but I love D&D and this game has so much potential. Why would I sit back and just accept the things I don't like, especially when the droves of people leaving the game pretty much is proof?

Instead of leaving, I want change.
    ~DREAM GODDESS~
    Lindsey Lewis
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    VIP is REALLY useful.

I will explain it simply:

Assume each dungeon key has a value of 3000 AD. (the absolute worst thing you can get out of a dungeon is worth 3000 AD and we are not counting seals or any other potential drops, or VIP 10% bonus.)

Now, you have 2 character slots for FREE starting out. If you have both characters at level 70, the free key nets you 3k AD per day, per character, for a total of 180k AD during the VIP time, this is assuming VIP rank 1.

Lets now assume the absolute worst, that the zax is at 500:1 and that you will have to spend 500k AD per rank of VIP. Let us also assume you are buying 1 rank at a time, which is also really bad.

During month 1, the dungeon keys alone are worth 180k AD, meaning that the lockbox keys have to net a total value of 320k AD, or 10666.67 AD per key. However, that is not including trade bars. Assuming that you only get 4 trade bars on average from each lockbox, you will get 120 trade bars in 1 month. Once again, I am using a LOW estimate here, making it a sort of worst case scenario to show even if you are the most unlucky person in the world, VIP is still good. Now, assuming you wanted to sell rank 7s for some reason, the average value of a rank 7 enchant or runestone is 4500 AD, minus 10% auction cut, 4050 AD for you. for 120 trade bars, you can buy 20 of them and 20*4050 = 81000 AD for you. This means realistically, you only have to make 239k AD off of the keys, which means the average value of a lockbox needs to be 7966.667 AD.The average value of a lockbox key is well above that (I cannot link you to in depth RNG tests showing this, but trust me, they exist) and so you always make profit.

In every single case here, I have assumed the absolute worst, which goes to show that even in the worst situation, VIP pays itself off and so if you are failing to find utility from it, its a personal failure and not a failure of the system itself.
  • Options
    Ahem, one problem. It's not FUN. That's just grinding one thing to grind another. I can't believe so many people just sit back and take this HAMSTER from companies like PWE (I blame them far more than I do Cryptic, follow the $$$). Sickening. Nothing will ever get better with an attitude like that.
    ~DREAM GODDESS~
    Lindsey Lewis
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,292 Arc User

Ahem, one problem. It's not FUN. That's just grinding one thing to grind another. I can't believe so many people just sit back and take this HAMSTER from companies like PWE (I blame them far more than I do Cryptic, follow the $$$). Sickening. Nothing will ever get better with an attitude like that.

Obviously, this game is not for you. However, there are still a lot of people playing this game. People who left are coming back after leaving for about a year ... not because this game is good but the games they left this to go to are not greener.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User

Instead of leaving, I want change.

I wouldn't wait for it.
    I think the remaining life cycle of this game seems pretty clear to me, at this point.
    Like others have said, this probably isn't the game for you.
    If you find what you're looking for, PM me because I'd like to know too.
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited April 2016

For Enchanted Keys alone, VIP is worth it.

You can compare the price of the key from VIP to the Zen-Market but this is very flawed. A key is a virtual item for a virtual currency and gurantees you nothing at all, it only encourage you to gamble. Good luck with your Lockbox-Lottery.

Save up 2400 TTBs and buy a purple Griffon and slap it on the AH. That's about 2mil AD right there. For doing nothing.

If we get around 10 TTBs per day, which is the maximum the average drop is around 5-6 i guess, it would take about 240 days until you can afford a Griffon. And you don't do nothing. You spend real money on this "feature" and must login on a daily basis which is not always possible. If you spend Astral Diamonds on your VIP you played the game straight for 2 Weeks to even afford it. So it is not "Doing Nothing".

Not having to deal with injury kits is nice.

Injury Kits cost gold and gold is nothing worth. The whole Injury-System is more like an annoyance instead of a usefull gameplay feature.

Being able to pop a signpost is definitely worth it, especially lately, since quests seem to be getting drawn out with excessive travel times.

Okay that is nice.

No listing fees on the AH is nice, as is the discount at the Wondrous Bazaar.

That is also indeed a cool feature, which also reduced the prices for any other player in the game. But the AH listing fee was an annoyance before and didn't add anything usefull. It is really to question why we should pay such a fee in the first place.

Bonus XP

Not usefull. Even for overflow XP the Bonus is not really noticable.

bonus AD for things

Yeah a cool feature of VIP but someone would ask: Did they reduce the RAD rewards beforehand so that this feature seems usefull (btw. the answer is yes).

Epic Dungeon keys

Indeed a nice feature even if a lot of player are participating in the two big "raids" which don't need Epic Dungeon Chest keys. It has also the same problem as the "feature" before. In the old times you had Dungeon-Event-Time where the Chest was always unlocked + 1 free key. Before VIP started they simply stripped the game of the Dungeon-Event-Time which lead to the current need of Dungeon keys.

Scrolls of ID

Utterly Useless.

SPlus

Never need it. You basically has this feature always unlocked with the Gateway.

your bank, salvager and mailbox...

That's also a nice addition.

To sum this up. A lot of the stuff you get from VIP is not worth mentioning it. The rest is quite nice but at least half of this stuff is only usefull because Cryptic/PWE manipulated/changed the game so it would be a usefull addition.
    That simply shows another side of Neverwinter: Instead of encouraging you to spend money for the game it throws more and more stones in your way and screams at you: SPEND MONEY. There are so many mechanics to block and annoy the player that must be undone by spending AD or Money it is ludicrous.

Post edited by karakla1 on
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    The problem is that you can get VIP via ingame currency. They simply cannot add any better stuff to it. Already I would guess 80-90% of all active players are "VIP". I can already see a trend where the contents of lockboxes get worse and worse.
    What would be great is a VIP+ only buyable from outside the game, and it gives you VIP plus some other things like extra zen every month, free transmutation, faster campaign progression, cheaper retraining etc. Basically something you can't get by grinding, only by actually supporting the game. Other games have that, but it seems this one just wants everything to be buyable through ingame currency.
  • Options
    hfleethfleet Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    I love VIP.

If you don't - don't get it!

World Portal: use it all the time
    Prof Vendor: use it when I need to sell stuff to clear bag space (could be Any vendor type)
    Mailbox: useful
    Salvage: useful
    Bank: looking forward to it in a few more VIP levels...
    No AH posting fee: ALL THE TIME!!
    Teleport to lounge: why? have World Teleport instead
    Lockbox Keys: Pays for itself completely! (see many above posts by smart players)

Again: Like it? Get it! (don't like? don't get)
  • Options
    sleepy725sleepy725 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Ummm. Some one buys the zen that you then buy with ad. So no matter what some one is paying rl money for vip. I fail to understand how so many people think the zen in the adx is magic zen that just appears.
  • Options
    dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    VIP is useful even if you play the game 1 hr everyday.Even no posting fee on the AH saves me a lot of AD if we dont count the obvious things like keys or teleport
  • Options
    sleepy725 said:

Ummm. Some one buys the zen that you then buy with ad. So no matter what some one is paying rl money for vip. I fail to understand how so many people think the zen in the adx is magic zen that just appears.

Still doesn't add any money to the game. If there was an incentive to spend more real money, then more money would be available for development.
  • Options

The problem is that you can get VIP via ingame currency. They simply cannot add any better stuff to it. Already I would guess 80-90% of all active players are "VIP". I can already see a trend where the contents of lockboxes get worse and worse.
    What would be great is a VIP+ only buyable from outside the game, and it gives you VIP plus some other things like extra zen every month, free transmutation, faster campaign progression, cheaper retraining etc. Basically something you can't get by grinding, only by actually supporting the game. Other games have that, but it seems this one just wants everything to be buyable through ingame currency.

This is the definition of P2W. The moment this happens, the moment there is something in the game you CANNOT obtain through gameplay, is the moment I quit.
  • Options
    romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User

This is the definition of P2W. The moment this happens, the moment there is something in the game you CANNOT obtain through gameplay, is the moment I quit.

@thefabricant The whole zen store, opening lockboxes, the tradebar store, the VIP. These are all very important parts, even required parts of the game which cannot be obtained through gameplay. Ask yourself the question, could you get those if you were the only one playing the game?
  • Options

@thefabricant The whole zen store, opening lockboxes, the tradebar store, the VIP. These are all very important parts, even required parts of the game which cannot be obtained through gameplay. Ask yourself the question, could you get those if you were the only one playing the game?
    No, I cannot, however, there are other players who spend money on buying AD, making it accessible for those who do not buy zen. The point is, he is proposing a system in which there are items that are completely cut off from you if you don't spend real $$.
  • Options

But that was the case before they brought all the big packs into the zen store. A year ago or so you could only get them through paying real money. You've been playing longer than that, haven't you? So it can't be the dealbreaker you say it is. And I don't think it would be for most people.
    And as someone already said, all the zen from the exchange is bought and not generated through playing. Zen doesn't get into the game without someone paying real money. You could already call that "P2W", even if someone else is paying for you.
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    one note to your is vip worth it calculations, you assume the player logging and playin every day in the month. For cassuals playing a few hours 1-2 times in the week value drops rapidly due to reward expiration every 24h.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options

one note to your is vip worth it calculations, you assume the player logging and playin every day in the month. For cassuals playing a few hours 1-2 times in the week value drops rapidly due to reward expiration every 24h.

You only need to log in once per day, collect the keys on each character, do 1 dungeon on each character and then log out. That takes 30 mins to 1 hour.