test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Will we get free respec token in mod 9?

zacoria1405zacoria1405 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
Just wondering because of all the changes to the bubble, Lostmauth set etc.

Comments

• Options
    curygreenleaf69curygreenleaf69 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    DC an OP get a free respec.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    DC will get a partial respec - feats only. OP will get a full respec. However, these changes may not hit Xbox as soon as Maze Engine launches. I believe that Andy said that it will be a few weeks after Maze Engine launched. However, I might be remembering wrong or things may have changed.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    Does anyone know if they are forced respec's or will they be a token to use at a later time. I would prefer not to have a forced one as I would like some time to see how the changes feel before mixing it up.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    curygreenleaf69curygreenleaf69 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

DC will get a partial respec - feats only. OP will get a full respec. However, these changes may not hit Xbox as soon as Maze Engine launches. I believe that Andy said that it will be a few weeks after Maze Engine launched. However, I might be remembering wrong or things may have changed.

correct per the notes http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9926663-patch-notes:-nw.60.20160410a.3
  • Options
    destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    I just hope we have time to run castle never with bubble pally a few time. When the bubble pally get useless i feel dungeons won't be as fun to do. I mean, sure they may had been designed to give a challenge, but considering we ran them already hundred of times, and we are used to "speed runs", the change may be a game breaker in a way...

So yeah hope they give us 2-3 more weeks of bubble goodness lol
  • Options
    kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    Considering that divine glow does not work as the tooltip says and the broken skill hastening light is finally going to get fixed, clerics also deserve a full respec just like Paladins. The devs f***ed up on the cleric skill tree and forced clerics that couldn't tolerate a few wasted skill points to buy a reskill token. Time for some compensation, no?
  • Options
    soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User

Hm. . .
    Im wondering whether I should change from righteous to something else.
    Although I only do pvp so I may just stick with righteous.

Also, I think all paladins will respec to devotion.
    They heal better than clerics anyways.

1. devotion paladins don't buff/debuff nearly as good though.
    2. higher geared protection paladins in a proper group will still be very viable, despite what the paladin haters want to believe.
    kuero21 said:

Considering that divine glow does not work as the tooltip says and the broken skill hastening light is finally going to get fixed, clerics also deserve a full respec just like Paladins. The devs f***ed up on the cleric skill tree and forced clerics that couldn't tolerate a few wasted skill points to buy a reskill token. Time for some compensation, no?

there are so many classes (all?) with broken powers that don't function as the tool tip describes.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • Options
    hmjiiihmjiii Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    They should offer a full respec for dc's. Some may want to go from a healing route to a dps/buff/debuff path. Can't dps if all your healing encounters/powers are max and none of your damage/buff powers were left behind.
  • Options
    ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    All Im going to say is simply deal with what you get, it's not that hard to get a respec token, as well as there's a lot more Bubble Pally's than a haste type cleric since well haste hasn't been the most wanted dc in the first place so yes the choice that they have made is perfectly reasonable your getting something so deal with it at least it's reasonable this time it's not like they gave you no warning. :3
  • Options
    destrowod said:

I just hope we have time to run castle never with bubble pally a few time. When the bubble pally get useless i feel dungeons won't be as fun to do. I mean, sure they may had been designed to give a challenge, but considering we ran them already hundred of times, and we are used to "speed runs", the change may be a game breaker in a way...

A bubble isn't needed of any of the current dungeons... You can speed run them just fine with a buff gf and dps or a buff gf and de-buff dc with dps. :p
  • Options
    destrowod said:

A bubble isn't needed of any of the current dungeons... You can speed run them just fine with a buff gf and dps or a buff gf and de-buff dc with dps. :p
  • Options

Hm. . .
    Im wondering whether I should change from righteous to something else.
    Although I only do pvp so I may just stick with righteous.

Also, I think all paladins will respec to devotion.
    They heal better than clerics anyways.

Yes, as well as a bit more balanced toward pvp since you can stun a healadin to death a lot faster than a 15min fight hitting a bubble with 0 progress.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I don't know what world you're living in to say haste hasn't been the most desired. it's certainly the only thing I've heard called for in the wilds. I guess if you living in a sheltered cocoon you might think that.. or ifyou only pvp,,,, but.. you're wrong..

hasty's are the most common dc out there. and most will need to change their entire path to righteous now.
  • Options
    bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    I have both a DC and a Paladin... my dc isn't haste...and my paladin isn't a bubble... So I don't need a respec... however, I wouldn't mind a free one to try a few different things... You don't need bubble or haste to run any content if you are geared fairly well, know the content, know your class and role, and aren't lazy... if youre in the red, MOVE... that simple... runs are twice as fast with a GF and buff/debuff cleric... You see people spamming for bubble and haste because they don't know any better and think this is what is needed to complete content... Which may be true for some, but not for most... this game is boring running with bubble, where's the challenge if you don't take damage? Haste is useless for most players over 3k iL... there are so many ways to make up for these changes... go explore... experiment with your build, gear, enchantments, reinforcements a little bit... you will be surprised at what you can do without god mode on...

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Neko is talking from the 3.whatever k perspective where people run a debuff DC and buff GF. Everybody else runs with a haste & bubble.

The reality of the upcoming changes will only really dawn on them when the GWF gets a 40% damage output reduction with the LM nerf and they find themselves taking a lot longer to kill enemies & therefore take a lot more damage.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    I cannot wait for the changes :)

I`ll try PvP again once they happen, at the moment it just drives me up the wall.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    armadeonx said:

Neko is talking from the 3.whatever k perspective where people run a debuff DC and buff GF. Everybody else runs with a haste & bubble.

The reality of the upcoming changes will only really dawn on them when the GWF gets a 40% damage output reduction with the LM nerf and they find themselves taking a lot longer to kill enemies & therefore take a lot more damage.

The nerf won't affect me too much since well im not going to be using the lostmauth set anymore. :3

@rinat114 "As far as numbers go, the Orcus set is around 30% more damage then the post-nerf Lostmauth set, despite the loss of valuable stats. If you’re unable to afford the switch, the eLOL set is still a decent choice, however not BIS."

Which I can afford the switch since well it's only 2mil for the artifact and belt. :p
    Post edited by ltsmithneko on
  • Options
    Well the damage bonus from LM will change to about 2k per crit so 30% on that is not really a lot :wink: you're still looking at a huge drop in dps. If you think that's worth 2 mill then enjoy!

• Options
    sax1993sax1993 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I honestly don't see how Lia came up with 30% MORE damage than post FIX lostmauth set. That literally looks like a number grabbed from thin air.

thefabricant has number crunched the Orcus set and it came out to deal 6-7% of his damage. Though he's a CW, I literally cannot see being a GWF make the Orcus Set 23-24% more effecting that's a very dramatic increase.

"Which means that in an ideal world assuming perfect circumstances, its a 15% dps gain (assuming you at low HP at the start of combat and at high HP at the end), which should make it equal or better than the above right? Well, no. Why? Because there are a few things you have to take into consideration:
    1) You will NEVER get the 20% damage bonus, as you cannot damage an enemy at 0 HP.
    2) Outside of dungeons, you will 1 shot monsters at full life, meaning no dps boost at all.
    3) Inside of dungeons, you will 1 shot monsters from half life, meaning that the last point you can realistically count is 50% up vs your 100%
    4) CW is a melee caster, which means you will take damage, which means your HP will also jump around, which means the bonus will jump around.

All in all, the above factors make the Orcus set bonus average to a 6-7% dps bonus, which is 3-4% less than the above listed stat distribution, which makes it worse for dps.

Of coarse, all the above is just theory, have I actually tested it? Yes and I find it to be a dps loss."

Edit:

Oh never mind I explored that thread even more

"Orcus doesn't even come close to the damage the Lostmauth set used to do before the fix, I said and I will say again, the Orcus set is doing 30% more damage than the POST-FIX Lostmauth set. If you have to compare between Orcus and the pre-fix Lostmauth set, the LOL set would win hands down, Orcus doesn't even come close. So no, it's not broken."

The way it's explained at first it made me think it's contributing to 30% of your damage. That's not the case it's 30% more than the post fix eLoL set's damage. So say your Lostmauth set dealt 100k damage total in a dungeon. Orcus would deal 130k damage. IMHO it's not worth it and I think running no set and allocating your stats would be better damage output wise, if you look at what Fabricant said.
    Post edited by sax1993 on
    Main: Sax Cleric (Arbiter) [Xbox and PC]
    Alts:
    Saxy Healz Paladin (Oathkeeper) [Xbox and PC]
    Saxon Ranger (Warden)
    Yuri Wizard (Thaumaturge)

Member of the guild: Legacy (Xbox) and Strawberry Yakuza (PC)
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    https://nwobattleground.wordpress.com/ @lazalia Firstly, there are many players that are still intrigued about what to use… Lostmauth or Orcus’ set. I’ll try to keep this as simple as possible. Lostmauth’s set is not useless, it is still good compared to the other options and don’t forget that GWF class has the highest weapon damage and can get a very high crit easily. According to a few test, the lostmauth’s set would be around 5% +/- of your total damage (tested with 100% crit rate so less crit % = less overal dmg). Orcus’ is a good set that works with a very simple formula: HP% – HP% / 5. It doesn’t matter who has the highest HP between your enemy and you, it will work in the same way. You can see it in another way: the lower the HP of your enemies, more dmg you will deal to them up to 19.99% (considering that your HP is the highest).
  • Options
    firepats12#3687 firepats12 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited May 2016

Haste is useless for most players over 3k iL...

I have to disagree with this point. I have seen MANY 3k+, and 4k+ players spamming for a Haste DC and GF. Why? Because the Haste DC most likely has Anointed Army. Thus they can spam AA, and Astral Shield while the GF is spamming Into The Fray. That seems to be the only way, outside of a bubble, that MANY people can beat Castle Never, in particular Orcus.

As a side note, I have seen that some of the quickest runs have been to use GF, Buff/Debuff DC, AND a Bubble Pally. I know it seems strange, but at this time it seems to be the quickest. Granted the other 2 were high 3k-4k DPS, but still. I think it seems quicker because no one has to worry about dying by getting hit. The bubble handles that, and so everyone can focus on debuff/buff/DPS.

Just my 2 cents
  • Options
    bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User

Haste is useless for most players over 3k iL...

I have to disagree with this point. I have seen MANY 3k+, and 4k+ players spamming for a Haste DC and GF. Why? Because the Haste DC most likely has Anointed Army. Thus they can spam AA, and Astral Shield while the GF is spamming Into The Fray. That seems to be the only way, outside of a bubble, that MANY people can beat Castle Never, in particular Orcus.

As a side note, I have seen that some of the quickest runs have been to use GF, Buff/Debuff DC, AND a Bubble Pally. I know it seems strange, but at this time it seems to be the quickest. Granted the other 2 were high 3k-4k DPS, but still. I think it seems quicker because no one has to worry about dying by getting hit. The bubble handles that, and so everyone can focus on debuff/buff/DPS.

Just my 2 cents
    ok, so like I said... they don't need the haste that everyone is complaining about being nerfed... but yes, I agree, AA and AS with a GF is a welcome combination... I also agree that runs can be faster with all the combinations you mentioned above... however, they are not needed to beat CN or orcus or any other content, as I stated. We run full DPS groups all the time and complete the content without any issues. The general population of NW xbox just has the "must have" mentality unfortunately... which is why I made the comments I did about trying new things... Its amazing how many high iL, beast dps DC's in our guild who happen to pug a dungeon and get vote kicked out because they aren't "haste" and same goes for healadins... just a shame people react when others don't conform to the "norm"... but hey, just my 2 cents worth as well...

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• Options
    Yeah that's true, I've seen it too. I like the challenge of running in an irregular format. As long as everyone is reasonably geared and know what they are doing you can get some interesting results.

Unfortunately many players will only run with a particular format, which suggests to me they are going to have a lot of problems once these nerfs kick in because they lack either experience or flexibility.

Finding yourself in a group where your default load-out isn't working & having to experiment with rarely used combinations is good fun.

• Options
    masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    The more buffs and debuffs happening, the more the gap widens on orcus set vs nerfed lostmauth set.

Example: Solo play with no buffs you use an encounter and it hits an enemy at half life for 200k. Lostmauth set will get an extra 2k damage, that's an additional 1% damage. Orcus set will generate 20k damage, so 10%

Now lets say there are a pile of buffs and debuffs and that same encounter hits for 2m damage. Lostmauth set still hits for 2k damage, a gain of only 0.1%. Orcus is going to hit for 200k, still a 10% increase
  • Options
    satniteeduardosatniteeduardo Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    I apparently will be taking a very different path to what people "expect". My haste cleric has become a PVP cleric but my old haste build with forced adjustments is going on a second cleric. My perma bubble paladin will remain just that (or as close to it as I can get it).

I do think the nerfs go a little too far but not that much.

I believe that a 6 second perma bubble is not too far from reality and add a new version of haste cleric and we will be back fully bubbled.

Having said that if people know what they are doing then bubbles are not needed.

I have been in a successful Orcus run with 4 DPS (3 ranged) and a debuff cleric.

Perma bubbles / hasters have made us lazy. Time to think a little again and whilst I don't agree with all the nerfs and the amount of them I look forward to having to plan my battles a little again and maybe build some solidity into my DPS toons.
  • Options
    sax1993sax1993 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    What kind of Cleric runs AA with a buff GF?

No thanks,I'll keep using Hallowed Grounds as it flat out increases everyone's damage and the the damage resistance side of it increases into the frays effectiveness for even more damage on top of that. There's no need for the invulnerability that AA gives when things die faster, unless you're running with a Righteous and a Virtuous DC.

Orcus Set will not be BIS for all DPS classes (PvE side). I know for a fact it isn't for CWs as running a split set with no bonus is better. Same with HRs and DCs.
    Main: Sax Cleric (Arbiter) [Xbox and PC]
    Alts:
    Saxy Healz Paladin (Oathkeeper) [Xbox and PC]
    Saxon Ranger (Warden)
    Yuri Wizard (Thaumaturge)

Member of the guild: Legacy (Xbox) and Strawberry Yakuza (PC)
  • Options
    kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    Annointed Army increases the targets power and therefore it increases their dmg output.