test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Profession packs outdated and overpriced

loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
The ZEN market profession packs are outdated and return a fraction of the rewards of the lockbox packs. They should be removed until adjusted.

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    @strumslinger

This is harsh, but true. I've seen it worked out that the value of the Zen profession packs compared to the Profession Master Packs from the lockboxes should be 50 and 150 Zen. And one Black Ice Booster Pack = 40-50 Black Ice Master Packs, which gets you a veritable ton of stuff.

The buffs to the lockbox items was wonderful and welcome, but it has also highlighted how poor the value of the Zen market packs is.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    put those damn black ice crafter's gauntlets more often, i never seen it come with packs since released until for first time i got an iron black ice gauntlets last week.

i never understood why it was overpriced and these are not overpowerful, it doesnt even hurt the game, it just another crafter tool. why devs put way too much restrictions on these packs. it full of baloney and junks.

also, we need more leadership packs, those hero's armors and weapons from packs are overpriced.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    Sorry, this wasn't meant to be bashy. The numbers are just that awful.
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    wylonus said:

put those damn black ice crafter's gauntlets more often, i never seen it come with packs since released until for first time i got an iron black ice gauntlets last week.

i never understood why it was overpriced and these are not overpowerful, it doesnt even hurt the game, it just another crafter tool. why devs put way too much restrictions on these packs. it full of baloney and junks.

also, we need more leadership packs, those hero's armors and weapons from packs are overpriced.

Almost every single black ice shaping task requires the gauntlet. Every extra gauntlet is a significant increase in the amount of shaping you can do. This was a bit more relevant back when black ice gear was new and powerful, of course. But limiting you to one task at a time was part of its design.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    black ice ranks are 5 and that is current max level.
    i can see why limited the ice per day.

if we had 3-4 iron or 2 steel gauntlets, i think only 1 is allow to be active per character instead of mass speed productions.
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    wylonus said:

if we had 3-4 iron or 2 steel gauntlets, i think only 1 is allow to be active per character instead of mass speed productions.

Well, I've never had more than the one default gauntlet, so I wouldn't know.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    wylonus said:

Each task need one gauntlet. More gauntlets mean more BI is refined. More BI is refined means you can make more BI equipment which is salvageable. That means it will be your AD generation machine.

When guildie wanted to reach rank 5, they borrowed gauntlets to speed up the process. So yes, you can do more than one BI task.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    wylonus said:

They're only priced high because they're rare, and because the people selling them hope they can trick someone into paying that much.

Pro tip: They're not actually GOOD for anything. (Increased quality of leadership task results = more gold.)

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia