test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.60.20160307a.15

Comments

• eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User

I hope a fix for the Orcus cutscene is on the way. It should start and end before entry, instead it plays while you are in with him.

Huh? You can skip the cutscene. If you're still watching it while others skipped it and engaged, skip it as well. Or am I not understanding what you typed.
  • andybones65andybones65 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
    what about VIP enchant keys,i need to log in to collect before it resets,or will they stack
  • melkelzedekmelkelzedek Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    no they don't stack, my problem also and I am about out of time, downtime while needed I am sure was right in my game time. Now I don't know if I can finish the new campaign even, maybe they will extend it, if not oh well I can stop doing it every day.
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    9 hours of downtime- you guys must be busy.
  • sadromussadromus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    :'( I'm frustrated with the time frame. Killed ALL my down hours from work...which means I miss out on my VIP grabs completely for the day. Especially when the ETA for completion changed from 12PM PST when I was first on to 2PST. I would gladly take the hit when I miss grabbing, but can't help being unhappy when I lose out because a patch wasn't completed when first expected. I would like to think I get full value when I put money into a game I play (I don't do much Zen to Astral trades because I like to support), but now I wonder. It would be nice if play logs could be used to determine who is impacted in these situations and compensate them properly with maybe an extra day of VIP to compensate.
    Wish they would, but even though is game for us, remember is a job for them and they have lives also, of course extending new campaign a day and reimbursing vip's if I don't wake up in time to get them would help me feel better :persevere: But it is kind of like when your cable or dsl goes out, you pay for it a month... but they do not prorate or refund any down-time. lmao
    Well I guess I am done trolling, time to fix dinner for my wife and maybe when I wake tomorrow game will be up :)
  • allanondallanond Member Posts: 15 Arc User

Wish they would, but even though is game for us, remember is a job for them and they have lives also, of course extending new campaign a day and reimbursing vip's if I don't wake up in time to get them would help me feel better :persevere: But it is kind of like when your cable or dsl goes out, you pay for it a month... but they do not prorate or refund any down-time. lmao

As a job they should be able to meet a deadline, I have to why can't they? Nah let's push it back abit more so we can goto lunch.
  • shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User

How about fixing the Caer-Konig Frozen Treasures Voucher?

Oh, I'm glad I saw this. I wrote it up as a bug, but hadn't heard yet that others also have this issue.
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• tifalaratifalara Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Is to give up waiting for today?
  • plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    karusio said:

How about fixing (reducing) the ridiculously overpowered stronghold boons? :s

Dear pr0gr4mm3r thats how u called overpowerd stronghold boons costs many many players 6 months hard hard work, spending hours farming influance, dragonflight and every week donating 100 -300k ad to coffer without new caches. u can count how much is it, and thats reward for players who done that hard job. Now is defenetly easier to rich that boons so i think when u start this hard job for ur guild u'll get that as u called overpowered boons too.
    well explain me this

took me months of playing to finish icewind, sharndar and dread ring campaigns , yet all those campaigns combined give less then a single guild boon.

took me months and tons of money to ugdrade my enchants, yet all my enchants combined give less then single guild boon

ppl spend hugh time and millions on reinforcing, element their armor, upgrade thier artifacts... at the end all down the drain if you are not part of a big guild

and on top of that, you can have many guild boons not only one...

i hope ppl spend alot of real money on upgrading the guild cause beside that i do not understand the math behind it

* and why do you think that small guild with 5-10 active players at a time, works less then your guild on trying to progress? (for average guild it will take 6 month to reach guild hall rank 6)

• sadromussadromus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Thank you. I was very happy to get the chance to get on before heading back to work. :-) Got my VIP's and a little play time in. Now off to work. (Let you know if I find any hick-ups when I get on again tomorrow. lol) ;-)
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    plavia said:

karusio said:

How about fixing (reducing) the ridiculously overpowered stronghold boons? :s

Dear pr0gr4mm3r thats how u called overpowerd stronghold boons costs many many players 6 months hard hard work, spending hours farming influance, dragonflight and every week donating 100 -300k ad to coffer without new caches. u can count how much is it, and thats reward for players who done that hard job. Now is defenetly easier to rich that boons so i think when u start this hard job for ur guild u'll get that as u called overpowered boons too.
    well explain me this

took me months of playing to finish icewind, sharndar and dread ring campaigns , yet all those campaigns combined give less then a single guild boon.

took me months and tons of money to ugdrade my enchants, yet all my enchants combined give less then single guild boon

ppl spend hugh time and millions on reinforcing, element their armor, upgrade thier artifacts... at the end all down the drain if you are not part of a big guild

and on top of that, you can have many guild boons not only one...

i hope ppl spend alot of real money on upgrading the guild cause beside that i do not understand the math behind it

* and why do you think that small guild with 5-10 active players at a time, works less then your guild on trying to progress? (for average guild it will take 6 month to reach guild hall rank 6)

110% correct...a big misconcept wich disbalances the game in a hole esp. between bigger and smaller guilds
    (not only big...gigantic)
  • josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    nwpilgrim said:

Portobello's Wand of Sight

This item no longer changes the player's companion to look like the player character.

OH COME ON! You are nerfing the only fun thing about this event (and the game in general since you broke the emotes spam) lol. NO FUN ALLOWED!

I second this, only went after the wand of sight after I heard of it's side effect! =P I understand that it was fixed since it wasn't working as intended, but can you please reintroduce something that can make companions look like the player character? ^_^

Also hoping for more stronghold reductions in the future. Still struggling to reach Guildhall level 4... damn dungeon shards...
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • rgutscheradevrgutscheradev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 186 Cryptic Developer

OK, this one sounded both annoying and easy to fix, so I just now went in and found it and fixed it. The fix will take a while to work its way through the system (QA, Production, etc.), but it's now fixed internally, and hopefully will work its way to you guys in good time. (Not necessarily the next patch, but maybe the one after that? Can't promise, though, I'm not a producer!)
  • josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User

OK, this one sounded both annoying and easy to fix, so I just now went in and found it and fixed it. The fix will take a while to work its way through the system (QA, Production, etc.), but it's now fixed internally, and hopefully will work its way to you guys in good time. (Not necessarily the next patch, but maybe the one after that? Can't promise, though, I'm not a producer!)
    Huzzah! Hope it's repaired on live by the time I need to start making frozen vouchers. Ty wandering Cryptic Dev! =)
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • jade456usjade456us Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    No fix for the stronghold boxes that give Astral diamond vouchers regardless of what the box says?
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    jade456us said:

No fix for the stronghold boxes that give Astral diamond vouchers regardless of what the box says?

This. please fix this too! i want to buy keys to open these but until they are fixed to give influence like they are supposed to there is no reason
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User

^ a bug got fixed internally to the system and it takes possibly 2 weeks for it to go live cos some ******** egomaniac has made a decision it has to be approved first thru QA and production, allthough its gonna be implemented anyways cos its a bug fix??????.

HAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHAHHAHHAHHAAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAH

G-Effing-J

Class balance and Lostmauth set changes are coming at a later date after we get more playtime on them on Preview.

Shadowclad, Dread Enchants and Frozen Treasures are all documented and will be fixed soon.

Sorry but this "soon" at least for Frozen treasures is estimated 2 patches away, it means 2 weeks from now (if implemented in normal patches, 1 every thursday), we have a bit different concept of soon.

Current class balance and lostmauth fixes are trivial since class balance in this subject only means OP,DC, and bit of SW.

The past has shown us that releasing class balance fixes only a few class at a time over other bugged classes, power interactions are out of the park and bugged.

Without any bug fixes to current bugs in mechanics, feats and powers in other classes, i hope they dont release these changes or we'll get swamped with broken power interactions and bugs, again.

And most tooltips are still vague if not purely "broken", stating what ever but not what the powers/feats exactly do.

But i bet theyll go with these "fixes" anyways and well be in a world of bugs and broken game mechanics, again.

GJ
  • aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User

You are my latest hero!!! I know you can't promise a date for the patch, but thank you for checking the forums and fixing this bug!!!
  • aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User

The quest Needless Distractions in Kaer-Konig requires a Heroic Encounter in either Icewind Pass or Dwarven Valley. About a week, 10 days ago, HE's in Dwarven Valley stopped fulfilling the requirement. Weird. How about fixing broken quests?

Tested this last night--it is still broken. The HEs in Icewind Pass work, though.
  • mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User

Well thank you random Dev for taking the initiative on yourself and just going ahead and fixing something. I know how sticky corps can be about the proper order in which things should be handled and all that. My fiance works as a software engineer for a BIG comunications company and she gets so frustrated sometimes knowing how to fix something sometimes but having to wait for the corporate head honchos to give her the go ahead to actually go in and fix it. Hopefully you don't get in to much hot water and that it won't take long for the bigwigs to filter it thru now. Thanks again from a random player :)
  • yeskaryeskar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User

Yay, thanks for fixing that. :smile:
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    What? You have a QA department?
    Hoping for improvements...
    edited April 2016
    adinosii said:

no, its to do with how the bug is found, made open ,verified/replicated, approved, fixed, closed and implemented to a patch for fixing.

QA is basicly this:

1. short description on the bug
    2. what happens
    3. what should happen
    4. how to replicate
    5. severity

The report bounces quite abit between different stages even if it is "verified" by common sense and you "know" it will get fixed in the patch and work in live.

Something on these lines:

http://sloperama.com/advice/faq75.htm
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    kievitz said:

adinosii said:

no, its to do with how the bug is made open, found ,verified/replicated, approved and implemented to a patch for fixing and closed.

The report bounces quite abit between these different stages even if it is "verified" by common sense and you "know" it will get fixed in the patch and work in live.

Something on these lines:

http://sloperama.com/advice/faq75.htm
    He was being sarcastic since virtually every patch introduces more bugs than it fixes.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Yeah...that was my point. I ran a software company for 25 years...and if my QA department had allowed something of this "quality" to be released they would have had to look for a new job.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • callofkutulucallofkutulu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 56 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Yeah...that was my point. I ran a software company for 25 years...and if my QA department had allowed something of this "quality" to be released they would have had to look for a new job.

I bet in this case the bugs were pushed out by someone other than QA who gets to have a bigger voice at the table. Time to fix and risk of making things worse all factor into what goes in a release / patch or not. In many game companies QA is the worst most disrespected shat on team to work on. I pity those guys for sure, cause they often get scapegoated as well when it all hits the fan. Nothing better though when you have some dev manager or product guy raging about how could this bug get by QA, blah blah blah and you slap down a print out/email of the multiple bug reports on the issue and they are the ones who made the call to defer the issue.
  • icyclassicyclass Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    kievitz said:

^ a bug got fixed internally to the system and it takes possibly 2 weeks for it to go live cos some ******** egomaniac has made a decision it has to be approved first thru QA and production, allthough its gonna be implemented anyways cos its a bug fix??????.

HAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHAHHAHHAHHAAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAH

G-Effing-J
    It takes two weeks because that's how the real world works. At the designated time you hit "code freeze" and send that build off to be tested. You don't slip in various changes after that because probably it's ok but maybe it invalidates something you already tested. So the changes wait to be picked up in the next cycle.

Rgutscheradev, thanks for taking the initiative to fix this and keep on lurking :)
This discussion has been closed.