test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Again and again and again... every mod we get similar annoying sideeffects

schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
edited March 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
Since the last patch everywhere I go I get lags, even the pretty new dungeon, especially the endboss is a lag festival.
Worst as allways ... the "Incredible Dread lag".
Never thought the "Dread lag " would end , but it did. The last two month I could enter Dreadring and no lag, unbelievable.
Today I enter Dread Ring and I need 1 minute to pick up a green loot...
Guys from cryptic , please, that´s no fun at all --> YOU FIXED THAT ALLREADY, NOW YOU BROKE IT AGAIN

Comments

• uptondarkdiamonduptondarkdiamond Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 169 Arc User
    What I have noticed with the "lag" in DR and IWD is that it only effects certain zones, not all. Also what I have found works sometimes is if I change position, I am able to interact with said object faster than waiting for the lag to clear. Its almost like the object displayed on my screen is in a different spot on the server side (which could be caused by lag). This happens a lot in IWD when interacting with black ice nodes in these lagged out zones. It still could be lag I guess, but if it was lag wouldn't the rest of the zone be affected also, i.e. rubber banding while moving, which doesn't happen to me when i'm in the affected zone. I am not an IT or programming expert just my humble observations as I make my travels through the Realm.
  • kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    I live in the same city as the server farm, about 4 miles from the actual building and I have experienced the lag OP talks about. The guy claiming its our pc's needs to leave his fanboy card at the door. This is bad netcode or bad hardware on their end. I honestly think this is a case of keeping the original server hardware in the farm from launch. The machines can't keep up with the new builds so they try to float them to low pop/low use areas thinking it'd be ok. For a while it was in charge of hosting MC/VT, then they moved it to hosting the older campaigns static zones but then they forgot that underdark+dread ring lairs would bog it down some. Either increase prices so that they can afford quality hardware or atleast let us know where you put the crappy server boxes in the farm so we know to avoid that content. My suggestion is to put the VT dungeon instances on the box cause only Premade 4k's can defeat Valindra anymore thanks to the invisible hand bug you added to it with Maze engine patch.
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    kitkathd said:

I live in the same city as the server farm, about 4 miles from the actual building and I have experienced the lag OP talks about. The guy claiming its our pc's needs to leave his fanboy card at the door. This is bad netcode or bad hardware on their end. I honestly think this is a case of keeping the original server hardware in the farm from launch. The machines can't keep up with the new builds so they try to float them to low pop/low use areas thinking it'd be ok. For a while it was in charge of hosting MC/VT, then they moved it to hosting the older campaigns static zones but then they forgot that underdark+dread ring lairs would bog it down some. Either increase prices so that they can afford quality hardware or atleast let us know where you put the crappy server boxes in the farm so we know to avoid that content. My suggestion is to put the VT dungeon instances on the box cause only Premade 4k's can defeat Valindra anymore thanks to the invisible hand bug you added to it with Maze engine patch.

Just about any group that used to handle Valindra still can. They just have to be aware of the bug and pay attention to when she's clawing someone and help the afflicted person.

They do need to fix it, as it's a really bad thing for newer players or the inattentive. But for experienced players it's just a minor annoyance. They have to pay a little more attention, and maybe use some different skills, resulting in it being slightly slower to free the person and resume burning down her HP.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited March 2016

First, they never officially fixed the DR/IWD lags nor has it ever gone away completely since the issue started.
    Second, if you start lagging after every new patch/mod, the problem is more likely to be on your end than on the server. If it was an issue on the server's end, every maintenance thread would be full of complaints. And they are not.

Time to check the quality of your hard drive I'd say. Perhaps a good defrag session might help as well.

I myself have never had CN lag but I have had multiple party members complain about it .... or even worst party members run and try and beat up a wall(clear sign of lag). Lag in Dread ring have dramatically increased for me after the new mod dropped.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    kitkathd said:

The machines can't keep up with the new builds so they try to float them to low pop/low use areas thinking it'd be ok. For a while it was in charge of hosting MC/VT, then they moved it to hosting the older campaigns static zones but then they forgot that underdark+dread ring lairs would bog it down some.

Just curious... how did you come by this information?
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    litaaers said:

kitkathd said:

The machines can't keep up with the new builds so they try to float them to low pop/low use areas thinking it'd be ok. For a while it was in charge of hosting MC/VT, then they moved it to hosting the older campaigns static zones but then they forgot that underdark+dread ring lairs would bog it down some.

Just curious... how did you come by this information?
    That is his opinion. All you ever see on the forums are opinions, whether they are based on the experience of qualified professionals or just a keyboard warrior is up to you to decide
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2016

First, they never officially fixed the DR/IWD lags nor has it ever gone away completely since the issue started.
    Second, if you start lagging after every new patch/mod, the problem is more likely to be on your end than on the server. If it was an issue on the server's end, every maintenance thread would be full of complaints. And they are not.

Time to check the quality of your hard drive I'd say. Perhaps a good defrag session might help as well.

You are correct , far to many people do nothing but fill their computers with HAMSTER, never do any for of maintenance,which is a must then come here an whine about lag, yes there is lag sometimes as the servers are not able to handle a full compliment of players, which is the fault of cryptic but at the same time, a routine of maintenance of your computer would go far. Sometimes its because of your internet as some just have lowsy providers or distance from where you live, nothing is perfect, but doing your part to ensure as much as possible that ur game plays as good as possible is up to the individual, lowsy pc, lowsy internet, hard drive packed to its limit are all part of the issues, i rarely lag an when i do , first thing i check is my internet as i maintain my pc constantly , a restart, uplug the modem to let it reset etc, yes cryptic servers are not that good but i am sure that alot of the problems caused are people with crappy connection causeing the issues.
    sure my PC just lost 50% of his capacity and power after new mod... my HD is empty and my PC has a complete new setup you genius.
    Both of you (magenubby and cranium) should go and get something to fill the big hole up on your shoulders :)
    These lags are know forever and they come and go, last time DR had this issue for month, it is about 2 month ago. They shut down the server for an hour , no patch, afterwards...no lag any more
    maybe they dealt with hundreds of bots blocking DR dungeons, i do not care.
    But atm its awfull and it has definitely nothing to do with hardware, lol
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited March 2016

Since the last patch everywhere I go I get lags, even the pretty new dungeon, especially the endboss is a lag festival.
    Worst as allways ... the "Incredible Dread lag".
    Never thought the "Dread lag " would end , but it did. The last two month I could enter Dreadring and no lag, unbelievable.
    Today I enter Dread Ring and I need 1 minute to pick up a green loot...
    Guys from cryptic , please, that´s no fun at all --> YOU FIXED THAT ALLREADY, NOW YOU BROKE IT AGAIN

For me today night was the worst, but i guess for many too in my guild, cause when i logged off, i saw just 1 guildie left in guild, but he doesn't count, he usually reads or watches economic news, when we don't run something lol.

Tried to follow my daily schedule and went into several maps in the game, but all were so laggy, that i got headaches and a bit dizzy, so had to turn off the game. Terrible. Tried to play with EU or US proxy too, EU one was a bit more stable, but not worth to spend time in front of the game now.

What has happened to the game server again? I have played during morning times and it was okish, but now it's unplayable. Oh and i have a modern PC with a nice and speedy fiber net.
    Post edited by matthiasthehun76 on
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    devs really need to start bot war, declairing war on cheating bot programs. reason why there is so much lags, they use 3rd party to abuse the servers with multiple bots.

for what reason they using programs, they use search programs, "advance loot detecting" or predict where it might drop rarest items or timer scans, or using tect to predict which server will give the best rewards during heavy encounter runs, or could be "identify other players and gear checks" so they can find big fish to catch or to steal specific account.
    sorry if i seem to be paranoid, never know if i am right or i could be wrong.

damn, someone dressed in black at the door, and tinfoil hat doesnt work.

they are the ones who broke contract with EULA and agreements by using unapproved 3rd party plug-ins.

i would accept if they register and approved by ARC if they support disability players or any other supports that not built for cheatings such as combat bots or "fake active character" while away from keyboard meant for xp treadmill for overflow xp or using "instant crit hits" modifiers on tough mobs, or design to freeze other players if they are in pvp.
    i have seen these in other games, other devs label them as "speed hacks" years ago.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    fighting a known issue (lags) by defrag my HD?
    Thanks for your help...i would say I would be happy to not get any advice from your side :)

You are correct , far to many people do nothing but fill their computers with HAMSTER, never do any for of maintenance,which is a must then come here an whine about lag, yes there is lag sometimes as the servers are not able to handle a full compliment of players, which is the fault of cryptic but at the same time, a routine of maintenance of your computer would go far. Sometimes its because of your internet as some just have lowsy providers or distance from where you live, nothing is perfect, but doing your part to ensure as much as possible that ur game plays as good as possible is up to the individual, lowsy pc, lowsy internet, hard drive packed to its limit are all part of the issues, i rarely lag an when i do , first thing i check is my internet as i maintain my pc constantly , a restart, uplug the modem to let it reset etc, yes cryptic servers are not that good but i am sure that alot of the problems caused are people with crappy connection causeing the issues.
    sure my PC just lost 50% of his capacity and power after new mod... my HD is empty and my PC has a complete new setup you genius.
    Both of you (magenubby and cranium) should go and get something to fill the big hole up on your shoulders :)
    These lags are know forever and they come and go, last time DR had this issue for month, it is about 2 month ago. They shut down the server for an hour , no patch, afterwards...no lag any more
    maybe they dealt with hundreds of bots blocking DR dungeons, i do not care.
    But atm its awfull and it has definitely nothing to do with hardware, lol
    Well, that's the last time I offer you any help. Excuse me for trying. I won't do it again :)
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    This thread has run it's course. If you feel strongly that it's on the client side, please file a bug report with specifics. Of course, it never hurts to routinely tweak the performance of your machine. But either way, we don't need to resort to personal attacks.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
This discussion has been closed.