test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Module 10 also Demon Related?

somtaawkharsomtaawkhar Member Posts: 18 Arc User
As we all know, both Modules 8 and 9 for Neverwinter were related to the rage of demons storyline from the board games, with module 8 focusing on Demogorgon, and module 9 focusing on Baphomet, with the demon lord Orcus making an appearance in the Castle Never dungeon.

While playing episodes 5 and 6 of the new maze engine questline, I came across several mentions of the Demon Prince Gra'azt, who ALSO appeared in the storyline for the boardgame, but hasn't appeared in-game thus far.

Anyone else think its possible module 10 will be about fighting him?

Comments

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i think they will be in part of new upgrade version for Icewind saga, part of conclusion of demon trilogy, i believe mod 11 will be in late fall, ready for spookiest adventure with vampire theme.
    i just saw new D&D handbook at comicbook store, "Vault of Strahd, the lord of ravenloft", but i could be wrong, just wait for announcement from devs to be confirmed.
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    Nope, Module 10 is Beer and Deep-Fried-Chicken related

yea bro, ya laugh now, u will seeeee!
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
    Sorry someone just disagreed, they suggested Mod 10 is about Vanilla & Ice Creams :O

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    It will be Curse of Strahd for Vampire Diary fanboys.
    EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    State Of The Game letter said it would be focused on guilds...so my guess is going back to icewind dale in fall
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Module 10 will have:
    • Guild Alliances like Star Trek Online's Armadas
      "A new module will be released that focuses on guilds and several other systems during that time period."
    • Elemental Evil turned into a campaign
      "As we continue to review our content and systems we will be making some adjustments to the Elemental Evil story. The goal is to streamline the experience and increase the rewards. There will also be a personal campaign attached to the four zones that should act as a helper to show you what there is to do in the Elemental Evil story arc, and see what rewards are earned by playing it. Like the other campaigns there will be some cool rewards like unique armor pieces and new boons."
    • ???
    • Angry Players
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    gawd... shove it down their throats if they add a campaign to elemental ..

you want to make elemental relevant.. put the effing temple of elemental allaiance raid into thats fun , challenging and rewarding.

I like many are sick and tired of them goign back to old stuff over and over.. ive already done that stuff many times.

if I have to redo elemental zones for boons.. screw them.

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,338 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    icyphish said:

Nope, Module 10 is Beer and Deep-Fried-Chicken related

yea bro, ya laugh now, u will seeeee!

Of course not because this game has already been Beer and Deep-Fried-Chicken related since I joined my guild. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

gawd... shove it down their throats if they add a campaign to elemental ..

you want to make elemental relevant.. put the effing temple of elemental allaiance raid into thats fun , challenging and rewarding.

I like many are sick and tired of them goign back to old stuff over and over.. ive already done that stuff many times.

if I have to redo elemental zones for boons.. screw them.

All indications were that it would credit you for anything previously completed. So I'll automagically have all elemental boons on my TR, and an air boon and some other scattered stuff on multiple characters but not everything.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    demon portals opening atop the elemental zones incoming in 3.2.1..
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Mod 10: Spiders. Everything you kill will spawn a billion spiders, which means every spider killed will spawn a billion more. One. Billion. More.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Waitaminnut... that means... SPIDER MIMICS
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • ik1ng#2518 ik1ng Member Posts: 7 Arc User

Waitaminnut... that means... SPIDER MIMICS

Oh dear god.. EVERYONE PANIC!
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User

Mod 10: Spiders. Everything you kill will spawn a billion spiders, which means every spider killed will spawn a billion more. One. Billion. More.

If I've learned anything from the Demonic Closure heroic encounter, it's that players will always kill stuff, even when doing so makes the situation worse. We're so doomed.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User

Well- spiders are arachnids so- at least it wouldn't be a bug.

Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User

Well- spiders are arachnids so- at least it wouldn't be a bug.

*slow clap* YAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
  • kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    I was kinda hoping for a Ravenloft crossover like they got currently for the boardgame. Fits well with a fall release too since thats the season of Halloween. Neverember getting sucked into Ravenloft and requiring the adventurers to rescue him without themselves becoming corrupted by the Ravenloft powers would be a good story to tell.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    you said spiders and more spiders, well, let get a bigger foot for stepping on them. i am sure these giants are scare of them and join us stepping them.

Hmm, here what i like to see, a new "feature theme" Ravenloft tabletop maze like Respct's tabletop event.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    It seems they took the best dungeon in their arsenal and turn it into a Demonic Encounter.

That being said. If the new Queue system did not kill off PUG gaming I would have to say I enjoy CN. I prefer meeting new people using PUG and now I am just forced to join a ZERG channel and play with the same people over and over again :'( .

This new system is again a move to help big guilds and kick small guilds while they are down. The reductions are marginal to stronghold goals and the professions it is more cost effective to make items and sell them and use that to donate than to make the new donation items.

P.S. The next mod will be an Stronghold related mod. More things that small guilds and solo players can't access.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    epic n.graveyard with modified ecc ;)
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • carianne9carianne9 Member Posts: 76 Arc User

ROFL
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Ravenloft is not gonna happen in Neverwinter. Dev already basically said so in the Q&A. Stop wishing for it you sparkle vampire fanboys!
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User

lirithiel said:

Ravenloft is not gonna happen in Neverwinter. Dev already basically said so in the Q&A. Stop wishing for it you sparkle vampire fanboys!

Haha. Sorry, but vampires existed way before Twilight.
    I don't debate that, but Twilight took it to a whole new level. Anne Rice's vampires were cool - Stephenie Meyer's vampires were definitely NOT.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I would like to see Cryptics take on Ravenloft, maybe they could get Christie Golden to write the story line, she did Strhad so much better than P.N. Elrod
    Post edited by stormdrag0n on
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
    MOD 10: Hellokitty - Wild strawberry adventure!

We will be in a special PINK zone beating candies and cakes, zone boss is a pink Pikachu :D