test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New to NW looking for a guild

Hi all just started playing about a week ago. Have gotten a TR up to level 68, and I'm getting to the point I want to see more of the games content. I'm familiar with MMO's having bee in high end raiding guilds in EQ and EQ2. Not really looking for that here, but would like to be able to contribute to a guild and be able to do more of the heroic encounters and such. I can play any time, usually do at night EST. If any guild thinks I'd be a good fit please get in touch with me.

Comments

• weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • decronitedecronite Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Hey, we're a small guild but we're definitely recruiting, and looking for someone exactly like you to experience the end game content.

We're all experienced mmo players who want to have a good time and play semi-casually. I'd also be more than happy to help you gear your rogue.

If that interests you hit up @decronite and let me know.
    Guild: Court of Unladen Swallows

• tundrrabloomtundrrabloom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Welcome to the game! We are very active during your evenings. We welcome Stronghold HE's and Dragonflight runs. We do alot of highend content and you will find, it is a different experience then the eq raids. (much faster and shorter here)

good luck on your search and be sure to check out our recruitment post!
  • frotoolfrotool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 57 Arc User
    If you are still looking for a guild check out www.grievancegaming.org. We have a large guild that plays lots of games, has a real life get tighter and is even putting on our own Con next year. We have a good group that runs events and dungeons every night. so come check us out.
  • knightwatcher85knightwatcher85 Member Posts: 1 New User
    im in the same boat...just came back after a 6 month hiatus
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    I was in a similar position last December - just came back after being away for a year. My advice is to decide what type of guild you want (PvP/PvE-focused? Casual/Roleplay/Active/Hardcore? Euro/US-focused? Adults-only? Lvl70 only?) and so on. Also, if you have any special requirements (Portugese-speaking/LGBT-friendly/whatever) there might be a guild for you out there.

Anyhow, think of joining a guild as going into a long-term relationship...you want to make sure you are compatible before making a commitment.

Some guilds expect a specific level of acivity and/or commitment while others don't. Make sure your willingness to contribute matches their expectations.

Make sure the guild has an "activity peak" during your playtime...it is not fun to be in a guild where you miss all events because the majority of members are active while you are asleep or at work. It is fun to kill all 4 stronghold dragons and run eDemo and Tiamat with your guildies.

Make sure the guild is of an appropriate size for you...larger guilds have a big advantage as they can more easily build structures but some people prefer a smaller guild for closer personal relationships.

If guild boons matter to you, make sure your guild has the ones you are interested in.

Anyhow...I ended up joining Civil Anarchy myself - it suited me perfectly. Stable, large, with up to 40+ guild members online during my peak activity times (Euro weekend evenings), pretty drama-free, mostly PvE and casual-friendly, but with a strong core of very active players.

No matter what you are looking for, there is probably a guild out there for you....just make sure there is a good match.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I say pick the guild with the highest taxes !
    • You can be sure of a great progress (at least the guild leaders progress, I for example have a tenser from guild taxes \o/ - But the guild leaders progress is your progress !).
    • Stability (who will leave after paying all those taxes).
    • People log-in constantly (miss a tax day, and it's triple the taxes for each delay. Everyone sure to login to pay in time).
    • Always good conversation and attitude in the guild (Everyone always talk how much they appreciate the taxes, and I want ot see who dares not to, triple taxes for them).
    See, so many positive points! That's why in my guild the join fee is all your possessions, and one kidney.
    The nominal tax is 200% of all income + 2mil AD per day.
    And if you want to leave there is a leaving fee, the other kidney, and one soul !
    Also the above taxes and fees do not diminish from my right to always add fees and taxes as fit.
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Howdy Brife71,

Did you ever find a good home? If you are still enjoying Neverwinter, give Tyrs Paladium a holla!

Our signature says it all. :)

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!