test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

List of "must have potions"

ahmadrubatahmadrubat Member Posts: 70 Arc User
edited March 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
Like the title said I need a list of the must have potions. I mean what should I use on level 70. For example: the ardent and celestial coins potions (Wild Storm etc.), and the potions fromm summer festival, and the others... So, all of the (!) really useful potions. Can anyone help me out with this? Just let me know what potions are you usin so often then I can make my own must have list for my GF. Thanks.

Comments

• josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    The big red ones that give health which you can buy from generalist shops. I carry around 200 at all times. :P
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    Other than the occasional healing potion, (red ones), I don't really find that I need any of the buff potions for PvE. Something like Tymora's Lucky Coin or the Adorable Pocket Pet items are much better, IMO, as they never get used up...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    OP, in case you didn't know: you can no longer stack potions.

So most of my characters carry a stack of either Crit or Power potions depending on if they're crit-focused, and use Tymora's Lucky Coin or Pocket Pet.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    For solo questing, typically one crit potion on character who crit lots or one power potion on those who don't (I pick up more drops that I can use), and one appropriate guild food. Maybe one event food, if I have them. (Or, what the guy above me said.) I also use my invoke blessing buffs.

Elixirs from invoking? Those are for PvPers looking for every possible advantage.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    Since im lacking a bit of Recovey im running with +1000 rec potion. Thats all.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    Potion of power for bubble pallies is pretty important. They are rare to make as an alchemist.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I use crit on gwf/sw/cw/hr (when I dont forget to have some)
    I use recovery on dc/paladin (when I dont forget to have some)

sometimes I use guild food.. when I dont forget to have some..

on my dc/cw/gwf.. all have coin/pocket pets..
    on rest of toons I only have the coins.

all of which I use.. when I dont forget to.. =P .. Its like the doohickey.. i forget to use them almost 95% of the time as well.

not needed, just speeds things up a bit.

• wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    I am going with power on all toons - cause https://youtube.com/watch?v=PRspxarHhp8 And i try to pick only that color as potions - ignoring/discarding the others - makes my inventory more user friendly :)
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,374 Arc User
    I use health potion for emergency. It just stays as 99 in my belt for a long time.
    For GWF, he use the crit potion and that stays for an hour unless he is killed (not often).
    For OP, he use the recovery potion and that stays for an hour unless he is killed (once in a blue moon).
    Elixir of Fate is used before going into dungeon when I know the situation is tough such as when there is no tank/healer. Stays after death.
    Camp fire (not a potion) is also good but only 15 minutes though. Coins, invocation blessing, etc.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***