test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Shadow Wolf mount downgrade!

mayorofartamayorofarta Member Posts: 57 Arc User
Logging back to the game today after the patch, I find my Epic Shadow Wolf mount downgraded to green quality. I had upgraded it ages ago with training books/manuals, but the border color stayed green. Is there any chance I could have it back to epic quality?

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Upgraded mounts were supposed to give you credit for the proper speed bonus when unpacked into the new system. On preview, my upgraded dappled riding horse continued to work properly.

Did it not work in the live build? I can see on Gateway that my equipped mounts have all been moved into my bags, and I wonder if that's done anything unintended that I never saw in preview because the mounts remained equipped. ( @terramak @amenar for investigation)

The border "quality" never changed from upgrading, but that in itself is irrelevant as long as the bonuses were functioning.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    Unfortunately, at least for my Shadow Wolf, its speed has been reverted to 50%. I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact they renamed the epic version of this one. I hope a developer can answer this.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    When I unpacked my dappled riding horse, which I did prior to touching any other mounts, it granted me "Speed of the Wind" 110%.

Don't look at the colour of the mount, only what speed setting you have available.

Edit: My mount's tooltip still said it the mount's speed was 50%, but it was fine when I added it to my stable.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    hypnoticbeasthypnoticbeast Member Posts: 108 Arc User

Logging back to the game today after the patch, I find my Epic Shadow Wolf mount downgraded to green quality. I had upgraded it ages ago with training books/manuals, but the border color stayed green. Is there any chance I could have it back to epic quality?

It still has its speed you have to click the "change speed" button
  • Options
    zelfironzelfiron Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Well all that is fine and dandy BUT since the update I cant find my Shadow Wolf Mount at all... on any of my characters that had it. Very Not Happy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Zelfiron: Control Wizard
    Siana: Trickster Rogue
    Andromeda: Devoted Cleric
    Death Strike: Guardian Fighter
    Blind Fury: Great Weapon Fighter
    Phantom Reaper: Hunter Ranger (To be Changed to Huntress when I figure out how to)
    Helena: Oathbound Paladin
    Bad Juju: Scourge Warlock
  • Options
    extchickenmanextchickenman Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    My demonic sled was equiped before the mod 9 patch......and after the update..it was still equiped... It was not removed and put into a package as everyone in my guild said it should have been....

On top of that....I cannot seem to unlock the 110% "speed of the wind" thing....I unpackaged my water horse and received the 80% ability for all mounts...but my demonic sled had 110% before the update because I had upgraded it with AD at the mount merchant....but it would seem that has been robbed from me

Then of course there is the cruddy skin change for the demonic sled ontop of it all...
    I have yet to out a ticket in yet....because every time I start to explain it...I get so disgusted

I'll go out one in now though...considering I'm on the website and all
  • Options
    After a long discussion I had with a GM, they consider ppl who upgraded their mounts with training tomes to be victims of changes and they have no desire to compensate for making this purchase worthless. As far as I know they have never compensated for changes that affected players this way. If they had any sense of justice, they would have refunded all training tomes back to players, but they prefer to do it the sneaky way (removing tomes for a period of time and introducing afterwards the mount system). Consider that upgrading the shadow wolf with tomes was more costly than buying it from the zen store. The GM was kept telling "you upgraded the rank, not the quality", as if there was any difference pre-patch between the epic quality and rank 3. Both were bought for the same reason. But no, it's the color of the icon's border that makes all the difference. Putting the shadow wolf in zen store in epic quality has been a mockery for those that upgraded it with tomes in the first place. They are just sad.
  • Options
    I still don't understand if you have access to "speed of the wind" or not, or if you are just complaining that your mount isn't epic.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

I still don't understand if you have access to "speed of the wind" or not, or if you are just complaining that your mount isn't epic.

I had upgraded the Demon Sled, and was very insulted that at the cost of the training manuals, the speed was the ONLY thing upgraded. I had expected it to become a blue mount, followed by a purple mount. Doesn't matter at this time, I have much better mounts and Speed of the Zephyr. But I get where he is coming from.