test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Clocks in Neverwinter?... please sync them.

phargynphargyn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
Noticed this morning that your clocks are out of sync,.. I invoked this morning exactly (according to your game clock) 93 minutes before the change of the day,.. 2nd to last invoke,... so, I needed to wait 90 minutes, then I could do my final invoke 3 minutes before the change of day. Right,. no problem.

I logged in 5 minutes before the change of day & noticed that my invoke countdown was running almost the same time as the in game clock!! When it came time,... the in game clock changed the day before my invoke timer allowed me to make the final invoke!! (Yes, I was on line waiting for the invoke timer to countdown....) SO, either your invoke timer is running longer than advertised,.. or your game clock is running too fast,.. the two definitely do not count 90 minutes in the same amount of time.

If you are going to require us to do things on a timer or with cooldowns,... at the very least,.. you could get the clocks right!! ={ Makes it impossible to coordinate game & real life,...

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2016
    Invocation reset happens at the same time as daily reset, which is 2:00am Pacific Standard Time. Your individual invocation countdowns are based entirely off of when you last invoked and not on any clock. The only discrepancy in the display of time in game is that the server clock is a couple minutes slow based on time.windows.com and time.nist.gov, which means you actually have a couple minutes extra to get that invoke in before daily reset. I.E. in game clock will say 1:58am but your computer clock will show 2:00am.
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    I was hoping this was somehow about in-world clocks, so that I could rant about how every zone is in some sort of time freeze anyway and also how in WoD you realize that the sun is FRIGGIN' HUGE! Like, "where are we, friggin' Mercury?" huge.