test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Party is horizontal

smackdab#2956 smackdab Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Hello all.
I had bought a new monitor. It's an HD monitor so I can increase my resolution. However, the party now shows as horizontal instead of vertical down the side. This is annoying as it gets in the way of boss fights. Anyone else had this issue?

Comments

• rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    Can you change it in the HUD management? It's in the options somewhere.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • smackdab#2956 smackdab Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Doesn't help. Even though in HUD it shows the party vertical, on screen it's not. I try to shrink it down but it only goes so far then won't shrink further but no help.
    I wish I had a screen shot. But imagine this: My avatar on top left. Under that is first party member. Then under that is the rest but horizontal instead of in a column. So during big boss fights, it stretches across the screen right to the middle.
    The card should be fine, as I have used this card since I played already. Just upgraded from a 22" to a 28", both Samsung monitors.
    No problem in running the game. I choose to run in 1920x1080 Full Screen.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    Gotcha, yah hopefully someone else has faced this issue and can reply. Maybe put a post in feedback and see if a dev responds.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • roller300roller300 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
    i had this problem for months!
    eventually someone advised me to adjust the interface scale (options - interface - general). i dropped it to "0.95"
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2016
    Few things to try:
    Change your interface scale back down to default.
    Make sure the party box in Rearrange Mode is as skinny (width) as possible (sounds like you tried this already).
    When in Rearrange Mode, press Shift+Escape to restore the default UI.

As this keeps happening to folks, as well as myself, there has to be a bug somewhere. Moving to Bug Reports.

• midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    Same problem here, I think the interface scale has something to do with it as I changed it today and today is the first time I ever had this problem
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    had this problem, I believe i fixed it by adjusting the interface scale and the size in HUD, its easier to adjust it when you are already in a party :)
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • anolia123anolia123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 95 Arc User
    The party box need to be at minimum width to show vertically (down). If it is on pixel wider then the minimum, it will show horizontal. Just by resizing the party box you can change the oriantation of the box
    Estelle Sagenweber, Vier Elemente, german guild

"ZAP!", "BAM!", "KA-POW!"
    - Batman
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    There's currently an issue with scaling and layout that is causing this bug to occur. We're working on a fix, which should be implemented in the future.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger