test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is wrong with my CW?!?

Comments

• kitana25ptkitana25pt Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2016

58 million to a SH Dragon? I hope I read that wrong, because that means I SUUUUUUUCK lol. I don't think I've ever seen anyone do 1 million to a SH dragon. My puny average is usually between 100K to 200K without killing empowereds. Maybe that's a PC thing though.

About the Bonding stones: I ran with an Augment until about two days ago. Just started with a bonding companion. For it to be worth more than an augment, you need to make sure you are using at least Greater Bonding stones. Also using a companion that van process them fast. Katamasters "A Thaumaturge's Time To Shine" guide explains which companions work well.

Side Note about "lag": Don't worry about that Kitana. I see it all the time. I'll launch Ice Knife or something and hear it go off three times before I see anything. I've grown so used to it that I hit every button now three times just to be sure the spells go off.

yeah i looked Thaumaturge's Time To Shine: A Complete Guide companions part and i have some companions that he's mention there but some i can't find on xbox yet and some were released just yesterday and the price is too high right now... Im now going to work to buy some bonding stone and make then better but they also expensive.
    I wrote that guide! Hit me up with questions!
    For xbox one, I know you don't have lightfoot, not sure about shadow demon, but you definetely have blink dog, which will work well as a bonding companion.

Should I really drop of Galeb Duhr? Its gonna take awhile until i could use a bonding companion 3 greater bonding are really hard to get ehehe i want only use when is worthy...
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    kitana25pt wrote: »
    58 million to a SH Dragon? I hope I read that wrong, because that means I SUUUUUUUCK lol. I don't think I've ever seen anyone do 1 million to a SH dragon. My puny average is usually between 100K to 200K without killing empowereds. Maybe that's a PC thing though.

About the Bonding stones: I ran with an Augment until about two days ago. Just started with a bonding companion. For it to be worth more than an augment, you need to make sure you are using at least Greater Bonding stones. Also using a companion that van process them fast. Katamasters "A Thaumaturge's Time To Shine" guide explains which companions work well.

Side Note about "lag": Don't worry about that Kitana. I see it all the time. I'll launch Ice Knife or something and hear it go off three times before I see anything. I've grown so used to it that I hit every button now three times just to be sure the spells go off.

yeah i looked Thaumaturge's Time To Shine: A Complete Guide companions part and i have some companions that he's mention there but some i can't find on xbox yet and some were released just yesterday and the price is too high right now... Im now going to work to buy some bonding stone and make then better but they also expensive.

I wrote that guide! Hit me up with questions!
    For xbox one, I know you don't have lightfoot, not sure about shadow demon, but you definetely have blink dog, which will work well as a bonding companion.

Should I really drop of Galeb Duhr? Its gonna take awhile until i could use a bonding companion 3 greater bonding are really hard to get ehehe i want only use when is worthy...

I don't own a Galeb Duhr, so I can't tell you exactly how good it is, but based on the description, I'd say it's usable, but not one of my top choices. For me at least, in combat, I'm either at full health or I'm dead, there is no in between.

What were you thinking of swapping it out for?​​
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • stuckthrottlestuckthrottle Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    We have the shadow demon. I personally run 3 epic Archon's and have been toying between combinations of Epic Erynes of Belial, Epic Zen Warlock, Rare Intellect Devourer, and Rare Blink Dog for the last two. Saving trade bars for the Shadow Demon.

Kitana, if your averaging above 200K (it would be nice if we had ACT lol) in paingiver, I'd say you are doing pretty good for now as a CW. Your Feats are good, gear is good, and spell rotation good. Now it gets rough. You grind and grind to get R12 enchants, guild boons, etc. I would say start saving your AD, refining stones, and get ready for double RP. You will also want a companion at Legendary to get more stat buffs. I'm saving to upgrade my 3 greater bonding to perfect and trying to get some +5 rings. Then I'll work on better enchants. I'm still only using R7s.

What rings are you using BTW?
    edited March 2016

We have the shadow demon. I personally run 3 epic Archon's and have been toying between combinations of Epic Erynes of Belial, Epic Zen Warlock, Rare Intellect Devourer, and Rare Blink Dog for the last two. Saving trade bars for the Shadow Demon.

Kitana, if your averaging above 200K (it would be nice if we had ACT lol) in paingiver, I'd say you are doing pretty good for now as a CW. Your Feats are good, gear is good, and spell rotation good. Now it gets rough. You grind and grind to get R12 enchants, guild boons, etc. I would say start saving your AD, refining stones, and get ready for double RP. You will also want a companion at Legendary to get more stat buffs. I'm saving to upgrade my 3 greater bonding to perfect and trying to get some +5 rings. Then I'll work on better enchants. I'm still only using R7s.

You don't need r12s. My character is still using r8s and r9s, my bonding companion only has r11s. I don't have any legendary companions yet either.

We don't even have a paingiver chart for dragonflight on PC, just the score chart. I'd say that 200k is decent for CW, although it's always possible to do more. I've been playing CW over 2.5 years now, so I have a tad more experience :P.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
    edited March 2016
    I'm pretty sure I spoke wrong about the chart on Dragonflight. I think it's also just a score chart. If you're using r8s and r9s, then I don't feel too bad about only using r7s still. Super glad you PC guys stop in and help us out with all of your info. Like Kitana, my character feels like I've hit a wall with damage, but I'm a MoF Renegade with spell twisting so I don't expect to be a super DPS. I'm pretty much out of ideas on what you could do to improve. You're stronger than me.

Kitana and katamaster: Is your LoL set rare, epic, or legendary? Artifact weapon rare, epic, legendary?
    I'm pretty sure I spoke wrong about the chart on Dragonflight. I think it's also just a score chart. If you're using r8s and r9s, then I don't feel too bad about only using r7s still. Super glad you PC guys stop in and help us out with all of your info. Like Kitana, my character feels like I've hit a wall with damage, but I'm a MoF Renegade with spell twisting so I don't expect to be a super DPS. I'm pretty much out of ideas on what you could do to improve. You're stronger than me.

Kitana and katamaster: Is your LoL set rare, epic, or legendary? Artifact weapon rare, epic, legendary?

My eLoL set is legendary, mainhand is legendary, offhand is epic. Three of my 4 artifacts are mythic. 4th one is just waiting on SMoP. My IL is about 3.25k with normal gear equipped, a little under 3.1k with HV set equipped. There's nothing wrong with r7s r8s or r9s, it's a budget thing. Would I have more damage if I had r12 brutals? Of course! But I doubt it would be more than a 10%-20% increase in overall damage output. Probably less.

For dragons and bosses, MoF thaum with abyss will be the highest damage build. For general content, it's SS thaum.

My char is usually specced to the build in my sig, atm I'm testing some other stuff but I'd still stick with what I have in my build.​​
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    edited March 2016

This post wasn't about me being nº 1 at dungeons but the fact i know i can do some damage but then at boss and dragon i didn't see the same damage i supposed to do and was driving me crazy lol, i like to learn always good see the others cw thought too, but i feel better now seeing i'm not the only one thinking that way :)

I'm still using 25 lv jewelery I have really bad luck getting those underdark rings i only got 2 times epic underdark rings with 1 gem slot, Im looking for power and crit with 2 gems, but the game don't like me much to give to me lol...

edited March 2016

I don't own a Galeb Duhr, so I can't tell you exactly how good it is, but based on the description, I'd say it's usable, but not one of my top choices. For me at least, in combat, I'm either at full health or I'm dead, there is no in between.

What were you thinking of swapping it out for?​​

I dont use in combar either is active... up to more 10% is always good lol. I want to upgrade my companios but paying 1m for it, nah hard too make it. Everything is so expensive and i don't wanna pay to play, i already spent some when i started to play with my healer when came out mod 6 and all for nothing... what is good now next mod could not be and it sucks when im not a expert making ad lol.
  • ss4111972ss4111972 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I have a 3.2 renegade and the only class that ever out dps's me is the gwf. If u want a good build hit me up. Gamer tag is trixie@ss4111972
    From the looks of it, I don't think he's worried about getting out DPS'd. I think he just wants better damage numbers at bosses and dragons.
    From the looks of it, I don't think he's worried about getting out DPS'd. I think he just wants better damage numbers at bosses and dragons.

For bosses and dragons, max damage will be a MoF thaum with abyss of chaos from rene tree, using a bilethorn enchantment. I think @thefabricant explains it in his guide.​​
    dulopa4e1d9.png

Yes you are right :) but i am a she not he :)

edited March 2016

For bosses and dragons, max damage will be a MoF thaum with abyss of chaos from rene tree, using a bilethorn enchantment. I think @thefabricant explains it in his guide.​​

Post edited by kitana25pt on
    edited March 2016
    I use abyss with my lightning enchantment. Works great for my personal dps. The enchant and my companion (I don't use a stone) proc abyss constantly. However that would require you to dump your vorpal which can be a hard step for some. Either way the damage that abyss causes is credited to you. It just needs to be "activated" by an ally, enchant, or companion.

Edit: When are you usually on? I would love to run with you and compare build notes. Again, please note that I am a MoF and not a SS though.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    You should be using the potion of dragon slaying and the scroll of protection from dragon nuff said !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No so called experts even mentioned it lol *sigh*
    kalina311 said:

You should be using the potion of dragon slaying and the scroll of protection from dragon nuff said !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and you forgot to mention 2x slots overload with 5% more damage from guild too :)

edited March 2016

I use abyss with my lightning enchantment. Works great for my personal dps. The enchant and my companion (I don't use a stone) proc abyss constantly. However that would require you to dump your vorpal which can be a hard step for some. Either way the damage that abyss causes is credited to you. It just needs to be "activated" by an ally, enchant, or companion.

Edit: When are you usually on? I would love to run with you and compare build notes. Again, please note that I am a MoF and not a SS though.

I play at night ( Im from Portugal i play from 23h up to 2... oh man i don't know if you ready to let it go icy veins lol someday i will try at one...

Lol funny you talking about that today before i went to work i was looking at lightning enchantment price and thinking hmmm maybe i should try this has a read at someone guide (well the worse is lossing about 100k if i dont like i sell them again, if i like it i sell the vorpal and i get more ad lol) right?... do you think if i change the 15 points from oppressor to renegade is going to affect my instant freeze?

Post edited by kitana25pt on

That is to help my allys not me, abyss of chaos(When you strike a foe with an Encounter Power you mark them with Abyss. When an ally strikes that foe they consume Abyss to deal 12/24/36/48/60% of your weapon damage.) Who gonna make the damage me or team mate? Is my ally right? So i don't think is gonna help me make more damage at all... Sorry if im wrong...

ahaha i was wrong sorry :) i though it wrong :pensive:
    About the lightning enchant. I use a perfect one. I couldn't tell you if it beats out your vorpal if less than perfect.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited March 2016

kalina311 said:

and you forgot to mention 2x slots overload with 5% more damage from guild too :)

Providing your guild has that my suggestion was guild level neutral and does not require guild marks

Hmmm oh man today i was thinking about that trying using a
    kalina311 said:

kalina311 said:

Providing your guild has that my suggestion was guild level neutral and does not require guild marks
    and yes im using all that 2x overload potions and scroll too :)

About the lightning enchant. I use a perfect one. I couldn't tell you if it beats out your vorpal if less than perfect.

Well i tried yesterday i bought one perfect and i ran some dungeos to see if make a diference and nop didn't notice an dif at the end, tried spider, lostmauth i always run with same people and the score at the end was the same...

Do you think if i change the 15 points from oppressor to renegade is going to affect my instant freeze?
    Yes. Without icy veins I don't think you will get the instant freeze.
    kitana25pt wrote: »

Do you think if i change the 15 points from oppressor to renegade is going to affect my instant freeze?

Yes it does, it's a major difference, I've been trying it out for a bit in game to see how I felt about it, and the lack of icy veins is a pain in the ***​​
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    Lol that's exactly how I felt going to icy veins. For me, leaving the Lightning Enchant and Abyss just to go to icy veins with a vorpal was such a pain in the butt that I went back to abyss. But then again I'm not a SS and that makes a big difference when choosing paragon feats.

From my experience running with other CWs who are SS, the consensus is that running icy veins with a vorpal is the way to go. You only go Abyss if you are going to use and enchant that can proc it I believe.

Lol that's exactly how I felt going to icy veins. For me, leaving the Lightning Enchant and Abyss just to go to icy veins with a vorpal was such a pain in the butt that I went back to abyss. But then again I'm not a SS and that makes a big difference when choosing paragon feats.

From my experience running with other CWs who are SS, the consensus is that running icy veins with a vorpal is the way to go. You only go Abyss if you are going to use and enchant that can proc it I believe.

Got it, thank you :)

How much time your steal time takes to recharde? Right now mine take 13sec and i have 5k recovery and i friend at guild is 12secs and she only have 1k recovery lol. At board says steal time takes 11secs to recharde...
    What

Got it, thank you :)

What you think about the news changes about lost set?