test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

When i activate certain powers,camera closes in and then resets to orginal height.

hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
edited March 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
Pretty much what i say in the title.Out of sudden,with out messing with options or whatever:
when i use Enforced threat and villain's menace,camera closes in and then goes back to original height.It is pretty anoying and tiring.It makes me dizzy.

Is only me?does anyone else have the same problem?
Does anyone has any tip?

I am sure all my gamep[lay options are same as ever.Camera shake off,everything normal.I just had some artifact activation problems inside MC(in PE it works fine) but i don't think it is related.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Ok i 'll try that.But a friend of mine has the same problem and just logged in.But i ll give a try to your advice :) \o/ \o/

edit:No change resetted it to 0 then changed FOV as i had for years.In 87 fov,when i activate ET it goes to default then back to 87.
    Happens with Villain's.In villain's someone could argue that i might not have noticed it ,since the default animation-effect makes the toon bigger.But in ET?Nope that is brand new :/

Anyway thanks for the help magenubbie :)
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2016
    No need to edit a file. In game, type:
    /gfxSetDefaultFOV 55

This is the default setting for view distance. Yes, this means this, and other view distances are bindable.

I personally use the following, bound to F6, F7, and F8 respectively:

/bind X gfxSetDefaultFOV 55
    /bind X gfxSetDefaultFOV 65
    /bind X gfxSetDefaultFOV 110
    (were X is the key you wish to bind)

This also means that you can use an alias file to (rudimentarily) emulate zooming with the mouse-wheel, but may break the true-zooming during inspect view mode.

• Options
    Guys i did not expressed my self the correct way.
    i had fov at 87 for years and when i used ET nothing happened.Since last patch during the animation,camera closes in at default fov then resets at 87.it is extremelly annoying and could make dizzy anyone after 4-5 activations.

I did use the correct fille(Neverwinter en-etc) however this does not solved the problem.Problem is brand new,and happens to anyone that uses custom fov.Mostly use default fov and in that case they do not see it.For the rest of us it is annoying. :/

Please ,take steps to fix it.i suppose it is an easy fix.:)
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    Well I does happen once in a while, also I had situations when during the animation not only camera closes up, but it also slows up a bit.
    But that's only happened to me few times - so nothing too terrible.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    kemi,it never happened to me before.camera always stayed at the determined fov.Since yesterday night it closes in.Another friend has the exact same problem.

My guesses are either Arc.3.0 somehow messed things up.Or the patch.Or during the changing fov,typing commands i typed something wrong and messed the camera.The key thing is that never happened to me before.

It is an easy thing to test.Change default fov put it something most of players do 65/76/95.Activate ET.
    nausea incoming in 15 secs :P :)
  • Options
    tvcitytvcity Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    although not a new problem, my camera sometimes zooms out (instead of in - as in your case), but it's extremely rare...
  • Options
    xeguevaraxeguevara Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    tvcity said:

although not a new problem, my camera sometimes zooms out (instead of in - as in your case), but it's extremely rare...

Usually happens to me when a TR uses Courage Breaker, don´t know why though.
  • Options
    irishbeast13irishbeast13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I need help. I want to make a thread but don't see where to start one. If someone could please help me thanks.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator

i had fov at 87 for years and when i used ET nothing happened.Since last patch during the animation,camera closes in at default fov then resets at 87.it is extremelly annoying and could make dizzy anyone after 4-5 activations.

I did use the correct fille(Neverwinter en-etc) however this does not solved the problem.Problem is brand new,and happens to anyone that uses custom fov.Mostly use default fov and in that case they do not see it.For the rest of us it is annoying. :/

The only current fix is to run at the default FOV, which is 55 not 87. The zooming in has happened on many abilities since as long as I can recall, especially some control wizard spells. You don't need to manipulate a file to change the FOV, see my post above.

• Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    zebular said:

The only current fix is to run at the default FOV, which is 55 not 87. The zooming in has happened on many abilities since as long as I can recall, especially some control wizard spells. You don't need to manipulate a file to change the FOV, see my post above.

Or they can revert whatever change they made last patch that cause the camera to return to the 55 settings instead of the selected one.
    Or a dev can jump in an hint us with a right command if there is one to force the camera to stay in it's place.

@hypervoreian
    Try /AutoAdjustCamDistance 0
    It has no description, and I have no clue what it does, but may work

edit - That didn't help, and I've checked on GF, wow that makes the class unplayable ! It also happens on TR but much faster and less disrupting.
    Post edited by micky1p00 on
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    I can only second what @hypervoreian says, cause i have it on 3 toons lately too, on my GF, om my TR and specially on my SW.

The places i found this happening more often is eLOL. Encountered the problem elsewhere too, but when i am on my SW doing the scorpions in eLOL i have it a lot lately.

While on SW i feel nothing, on the TR and the GF i too get dizzy sometimes, worst was in eGWD once, i really got motion sick. Since that i don't go with those chars to eGWD.

I have the shaking thing too. Since it's quite hard to subscribe, i could come up with the old kind of degaussing function on old CRT monitors as a good example. (Jesus am i old he he...)

I have never ever experimented with FOV options and double checked, mine are fine, no changes. Odd really. :/
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User

I concur with @zebular . I've been here since beta and anytime I change my FOV from default some things trigger the "zoom in". I figured some of the graphic objects / textures / whatever cannot be rendered at certain FOV settings.

Hmmm... I've never set it below 55. I wonder if it would zoom out instead of in.
    Hmmm...(2) I wonder if it's FOV specific. Maybe different things break at different FOVs. I could see this being a reason why experiences are so varied. I'll have to try mucking with it when I have a chance.
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • Options
    Ah...no news.
    As mathias said it is class spesific.I play mainly OP,GF,GWf and TR.
    All set up at fov 87.
    GWf camera?Fine no zoom in and out during all encounters.Op?The same.

TR dazing strike moves camera forward .
    GF almost most encounters ,Griffon's ,Villain's,ET,Lunging,a little bit in anvil,...

I stopped using ET for that reason.
    I hope for a fix sometime :/
  • Options
    wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    xeguevara said:

tvcity said:

Usually happens to me when a TR uses Courage Breaker, don´t know why though.
    Because certain patch long time ago (I believe it was mod 6) broke the animation. By default Courage Breaker should zoom out the camera for TR. The patch made it so camera remains the same for TR, but zooms out for everybody else in the area. Its not only the zoom, but camera becomes fixed at certain point and you can even leave your screen with your character, if it moves fast enough.