test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Charlie the Unicorn Grand Finale Coming Soon

valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User

Comments

• Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    Kind of wondering if this was one of those pulling the leg kickstarters to prove you can get money from anybody for any reason.

I can't imagine there is that much of a real cost to making those videos. Sure there's a cost to the software but it is not exactly like the Charlie the Unicorn videos are better made than anything else. I mean don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed a number of things on the channel but the quality is really something I could see made in a basement by one animator and maybe a few friends to voice the characters in their spare time.

It's not like they haven't made anything because they haven't been making enough money. There's still a videos of other content they created being released so I am not seeing why they simply can't make this video without $35K. Sure they might not be able to spare no expense and hire Richard Kiley (joke) to voice act but I'm not exactly sure that is a must have in order to release a Charlie the Unicorn Video.

I'm hoping they do it to make a point because IMO, sorry to say, it's no better than the abuse of crowd funding that Jerry AKA Barnacles Nerdgasm made fun of in his GoFundMe campaign which thankfully was put to good use.