test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter is becoming a free game to play a game pay to win?

yquedoarruinadoyquedoarruinado Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited February 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
The question is motivated by the latest economic changes whose sole purpose seems to be to increase the difficulty of producing AD unless you pay a good amount Z as initial investment .

Neverwinter is becoming a free game to play a game pay to win? 31 votes

NO
22%
katamaster81899putzboy78indalorddumdragonflambridgewentriswollebieee 7 votes
YES
64%
santralafaxhyakusekaistarbigamoimperiousshinikozi001cambo1682demonmongertebancisnerosdohgohvida44sparrowensher0013deathbeezc4h10fatgunsmust6dieyquedoarruinadoryfghbvnps8malabogpigfeeder 20 votes
I Dont know
12%
nismaniacrannonhutrill34td904 4 votes
Post edited by yquedoarruinado on

Comments

• Options
    malabogpigfeedermalabogpigfeeder Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    YES
    "IS BECOMING" *giggle*
    I would appreciate you to not read my signature, now that you did, dont do it again.
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    there is nothing free in this world, as you may or may yet not be aware. The problem is how to get the money from the customers. Some games use pure cosmetic items, premium content or something else to put your money into and is using the free element to hook you into the game, or to create a sense of not being alone to the paying customer. As it is not my job to decide how crypric will monetize from the player base i can not say what the right way is. but adding and tjen removing somethimg from a paid service is for sure not the right thing imo.
    I do not blame them for wanting to maximize profits, in fact games that don't tend to dissapear fast. i blame them on lack of communication and in my view bad decisions.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    malabogpigfeedermalabogpigfeeder Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    YES
    As for putting money it's very clear to me, the lack of balance in the game, just some examples: Endless pvp fights on nodes, all the paladin structure that lead to a lazy of game play style and the unreliability of certain classes combinations in pve, like 2k OP bullwark + 2k Righteous + 2k dps's by choice in a t2 impossible, or simple the unusefullness of certain paths like sentinel or oppressor or the rewards in evoking (White horse, Snowswift horse, weapons) not matching actual requirements, r4 stil drop in dungeons with th current enchant situation it should be r6 and r5, wondrous bazaar mounts much more expensive than the actual speed, coal wards current situation ,etc.

while this is not fixed, not a single penny is dropping out of my pocket, luckly it seems many people agree with me, coal wards are still in 260k :smiley:
    I would appreciate you to not read my signature, now that you did, dont do it again.
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    and here too i agree with you:
    1) ballance - none
    2)endgame - none besides stats grind. i will not invest in a character when there is nothing to do with him.
    3)bots and bugs - why would i buy an item from the zen when i see others farm it via botarmies?
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2016
    Per our Rules & Policies and Guidelines, "Pay to Win" discussions are not permitted and as such this topic is closed.
    zebular said:

Prohibited Topics:

• [Frequently Asked] Is Neverwinter Pay to Win?
      There are many opinions on both sides of the coin and in between. The bottom line is that if one has enough time, they can purchase anything in the game without ever having spent any money on the game at all. There are convenience items and some things in the Zen shop do give some advantages. However, everyone has the ability to earn anything in the game regardless of how much or little money they spend.

Because of the nature of Pay to Win (P2W) threads, such topics and insinuations are not allowed. Please refrain from digressing into P2W commentary, arguments, and insinuations. If you want to discuss the economy of the game, you will need to do so without delving into the realm of P2W.
This discussion has been closed.