test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Repentant Dragon Cultists key droprate.

ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
Anyone have an estimate on how thin the chance is for the key to drop? 8 characters doing it for each lair for the day for the past month. I've found lathander's eye more frequently than this.

Doesn't make much sense anyway. The Yeti/Evoker/Dog can be sold on the AH. This one doesn't even have a functioning bonus. Why is the drop chance so abysmal for a bound drop that's nothing more than a collectors item?

Comments

• qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    I believe it lies somewhere between remote and non-existent. Probably closer to the latter than the former :)

Slight aside, I know about the Yeti and Dog but what/where is the Evoker ?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Everything says VT, but I was sure the Evoker was from Dread Legion (and has gotten scarce because who in their right mind is running Dead Legion?).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,206 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Yes, it is kind of useless companion (comparing with its drop rate). I have 3 or 4. 2 are now inactive and 1 or 2 still stay in the form of a key. Don't waste a slot for it even if it is only an idle companion slot (which I filled up and bought more).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

Na, I got the Evoker from the VT chest. It quit dropping with the removal of the Epic version, I assume.

That means Mod6 killed Mod5 drops, among so many other things. Mod6 was quite a death dealer, wasn't it!
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User

Na, I got the Evoker from the VT chest. It quit dropping with the removal of the Epic version, I assume.

That means Mod6 killed Mod5 drops, among so many other things. Mod6 was quite a death dealer, wasn't it!
    Mod 6 was when the "Do not resuscitate" sign was hung in the dev offices.
    Definitely not an Arc User.

Well, when they changed it from what was to what is now. There was never normal/epic VT, just a single dungeon.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

Well, when they changed it from what was to what is now. There was never normal/epic VT, just a single dungeon.
    I started at the tail end of Mod 4, but didn't run dungeons until Mod 7. So I will never see any of them as they were.
    edited February 2016
    VT wasn't one they took a hacksaw to anyway, except for the loot.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    I just wish I didn't have to grind for months just to find a non-valuable shiny. It's like spending $100 for a $1 bottle cap or something. It's just very unproductive and pointless and I feel like an idiot for doing it. I only want for cosmetic purposes.

Why they made the companion bound is beyond me.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Don't do it. The drop is HAMSTER. I took three toons thru ToD and not one drop. My fourth toon got the drop on the first try.