test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Channel Merger with other Guilds... pls read!

bluebubbl3sbluebubbl3s Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
Hi everyone, I am Myth, one of the leaders of Valaraukari Ascension. We are a friendly, casual guild and our list is getting close to full, but we find that due to the fact that we have members from all over the world, the time zones prevent us from having big numbers on at one time.

Right now we are having a discussion on our forums about the possibility of forming a channel with other like minded guilds to try to put together heralds and tiamat runs, to ensure success to all guild members and farm those fabulous refine stones and coffers (lets face it, 50 linu for new players is a lot!).

I tried to align our guild with a newly formed channel in the WOD only to find that they will only select certain members and not take everyone. I am sad to say that the elitism offends me. so this arrangement doesnt work as i had hoped. As a leader, I want to try to get every single member of my guild, regardless of IL to be able to take advantage of things like heralds - the end result is that they get thier toon stronger faster.

Our guild VA has a range of players. We have some very strong, very experienced players, right down to some newbies. Internally we try very hard to help the newbies, run stuff with them, carry them through dungeons and it has been paying off as they get stronger and we can do more together. I want to add content in the WOD to that list of things we do together and I think that with other guilds involved we can help each other out.

I am hoping that there are other guilds out there with a similar agenda to ours, and that we can form a casual channel together, so that we can post in the channel about running a heralds, or an edemo or a tiamat or even a dungeon.

Please dont hesitate to send me a tell or a mail if you are interested in having a chat about this with me. Myth@bluebubbl3s I am also very keen to hear others opinions about this if you have any.

Thanks
Myth (CW & DC)
Guild Leader - Valaurakari Ascension

VA is the creator and proud member of The Round Table Alliance
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    My guild (Civil Anarchy) seems to follow a similar philosophy - it might be worthwhile to contact @rotters and see if there is an interest in your idea. Another similar guild is Guild Medieval. It might be a good idea to contact them too.

However...

Players in this type of guilds are frequently also in the existing "Legit" channel and might not see the need for another channel...and yes, the best geared players might be in one of the "Zerg" channels as well.

Worth a try, though.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    DELETED

Post edited by bitt3rnightmar3 on
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    A viable alternative to the legit channel would be most welcome.
  • rottersrotters Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    Ty @adinosii, This sounds great to me.

Please contact me in-game to discuss this and we will move forward from there Blue,

Tabatha@rotters
    Co Guild Leader Civil Anarchy

Tabatha@rotters // Scourge Warlock // Co Leader // Civil Anarchy

Part of the -Fabled- Alliance

We are looking for non elitist guilds to join our alliance.
  • bluebubbl3sbluebubbl3s Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    Thanks for your replies :) We did set up a channel called Guild Union, and found a few Guilds to join up. We do a few dungeon runs, Tiamats and Heralds as we feel like it and someone makes a call. Considering we are small in number, just last weekend we had 13 for a heralds and killed 7 dragons!! Very proud :) We have had good success.

If you are interested in hooking your guild mates up to this channel, its invite only now, and we are trying to not just have randoms join it like the usual wod channel, we are trying to get Guilds to bring in some (as many as want to) players who need the help and want to run stuff.

Sing out to me if you are still interested!
    Myth (CW & DC)

• pherrowpherrow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    Just chiming in real quick. Been in VA with Myth for quite some time on the pve side of the house. I know some folks from Greycloaks and Civil Anarchy (maybe from pvp too :) ), both guilds seem to have some pretty nice peeps. Although we have many geared guildies in the zerg channels the Guild_Union channel is working out nicely for casual successful runs without any pressure. Hopefully we can get up with you guys in game :)
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    I did a couple runs in the last week with the channel... good stuff. I like that I can look outside of the guild to help and to get help. We have a lot of skilled players, like many guilds... and often find ourselves 1 or 2 short for a run. Honestly... it is like running something with guildies. Just put our noses to the grindstone and do what we do.

Now... to get me and pherrow together on a run again.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
    More numbers would be so good. we just seem to fall a few short in the tiamat runs and filling up a dragon instance. If anyone knows other players who might want to get thier guilds invovled, I would love to hear from them.

I think we are offering something casual, non elitist and different to the other channels in the well. Weight of numbers is clearly what we need for further success, so please send anyone my way for a chat. Looking to bring in a few more likeminded guilds!!
    Myth (CW & DC)

We have set up our channel... with some success!!!

More numbers would be so good. we just seem to fall a few short in the tiamat runs and filling up a dragon instance. If anyone knows other players who might want to get thier guilds invovled, I would love to hear from them.

I think we are offering something casual, non elitist and different to the other channels in the well. Weight of numbers is clearly what we need for further success, so please send anyone my way for a chat. Looking to bring in a few more likeminded guilds!!
    Myth (CW & DC)

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Maybe you should approach guild leaders then. I for example not sure what the like minded part is... As in what the requirements are ? Am I likeminded or not ?
    Also will the channel be moderated when it grows? ( I dont want to be in another channel filled with whining, crying, bashing, e-peening or endless class buff/nerf flaming)
    How the guild members should be invited? You will give guild leaders mod rights or each guild member should be added manually ? What is the process if a person leaves a guild ? Can one person guilds join ? (making it guild alliance by name only )
    Post edited by micky1p00 on
    I put my post in this area to try to find other guild leaders....

The channel is moderated by two guild leaders from each participating guild. They invite thier own guild mates to the channel should they wish to participate. Everyone is encouraged to ask for groups or instigate a heralds or tiamat run should they wish - its very casual and I intend it to stay that way because I am not going to spend 99.9% of my time in the WOD calling runs. Athough at the moment it is usually myself and one of the other VA leaders who call the runs anyways, and mostly on weekends at this stage.

The whole point of the channel is to not be one of those other wod channels. I have tried to put this whole thing together based on guilds as opposed to individuals. I wanted to help my lower IL players get refine stones and tiamat rewards, and there lies the likemindedness. If you are a guild interested in helping all of your players, then you might fit in with us. If you dont care and are only about the individual and prefer an elitist attitude, then you dont fit.

We have about 8-10 guilds signed up, and around 180 players. I am wanting a few more guilds, and some extra numbers to make the runs more viable. its becomming a nice little community for those who are participating, and there is yet to be any drama. i hate drama and wont deal with that, i will kick anyone who causes drama for dramas sake.

You are welcome to send me a mail or pm if you want further information, or have any questions you want to ask. I am more than happy to chat with anyone interested. myth@bluebubbl3s
    Myth (CW & DC)

• demondog1990demondog1990 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    H3llsWarriors are game too, we want all of our members to be able to explore the higher tier content without the worry of IL, and fun casual gamers, please mail me in game to discuss maybe grabbing all the guilds here and making one chat for all in all guilds!

@demondog1990
  • jmiller84jmiller84 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 188 Arc User
    The channel runs have largely been successful. It's not going to be as successful as the zerg channels when it comes to Heralds, but we're more than capable of clearing an instance and 2-3 more dragons. With more people we could probably clear 2 instances and help get each other's guildies the refine stones for gear and coffers for Linu they need. Tiamat runs have all been successful since the queue changes.
    HR: Vretzen
    GWF: Vretzina
    OP: Vee
    DC: Evee
    CW: nezterV

Leader - Valaraukari Ascension
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    I am an officer in the guild And The Imaginary Friends. We are interested in joining this channel. You can contact me ingame @scathias
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    I am actual leader of Honesty guild and i would like to join the channel and get opportunity to our members to benefit it as well.

In-game nick: @dfnce

http://gateway.playneverwinter.com/#guild(Honesty)/
    EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

Hi Everyone

The Guild Alliance thing might leave some guilds without anyone to join with. I hope it doesnt happen, but if it does, the Guild Union channel will remain open, and I hope to find anyone that needs it or wants to join and bring them in. If you cant get an alliance happening, then the channel is pretty much your LFG and hopefully we can get some more peeps in to play along with us.

If anyone already in the channel runs across people who might like or need to join, send them my way please :)
    Myth (CW & DC)

• melindaozmelindaoz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    The members of Fair Dinkum would likely be interested. We have time zone challenges (we're mainly Australian), not many members are part of the Legit channel and our newer members don't meet the qualifications for the zerg channels (yet.) The elitism of the zerg channels has been the topic of heated guild chat discussions and I would love to offer them another alternative so that lower IL people can have some fun and help in WOD and for dungeon runs. I'm available via in-game mail or pm as @melindaoz