test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PVP Domination Premade Que System for module9 ?

13»

Comments

• Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    yes
    Yeah... this needs to happen, BUT it will not change the way things are. I have either been teamed up with inexperienced players who will run past a red node... to go to a blue node and fight OR I have been matched with good players who get trolled by a Tornado of Souls premade... each of them using Ambush rings or ridiculous exploits. So much so that someone from EoA was commenting on their excessive use.

I have recently watched good players from a noted r20 PvP guild... walk away due to the utter ridiculousness around the state of PvP. I have lost over 20 in a row... not because of skill or lack of effort on my part. I have won 35 in a row... not because of skill or a lack of effort on my part.

Where is the happy freaking medium where it is skill vs skill. No more 4 vs the TR who is seemingly indestructible unless you have skill or ridiculously broken SE. I die one of 3 ways... gangbang, SE spam or skilled player in 1v1.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    luks707luks707 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    yes
    Good idea.
  • Options
    goodyearbaddaygoodyearbadday Member Posts: 59 Arc User

@jaysun1977 and what are we doing with the glory? Stacking up on pvp potions? Lmfao!

To be honest, you cannot abuse it to get easy glory, because the longer the match lasts, the more glory you get. No one will waste like 10mins each time to get the minimum reward of 250glory ...

Top 5 gains bonus glory. Also, you could easily farm PvP Domination Boons. Don't play dumb. You know it would be absused and it would be abused hard.

That is an interesting definition of "easy" you have there. Assuming you are referring to the PvP campaign boons, & not the SH PvP boons, When the discrepancy between pugs & pre-mades is literally a one-shot death, how exactly is farming the Domination boons easy?

• Options
    sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    yes
    I've seen this lobby system work over on STO. It worked well imo
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • Options
    exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    yes
    PS.: Bad english below

Yes ... Actually the game forces you to go pve until you get BiS (or near of it) before pvp, because after getting level 70, the pvp becomes unfair and brutal, discouraging those starting and discouraging newcomers to continue, especially in Domination, where pvp players with Dominion Champion titles make premades for nothing, ruining all the fun

2fv72Fw.png
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    yes
    +1 yes!
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    healerthebeasthealerthebeast Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    no
    The two things should not allowed to use in pvp is GF's ITF and TR's SE, you fools. Not some kind of rings or drains.
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    yes

The two things should not allowed to use in pvp is GF's ITF and TR's SE, you fools. Not some kind of rings or drains.

the question was not should the devs work on one or the other exclusively or list everything you can think of (believe ) that is unbalanced and then vote no as protest

some believe Tr are un balanced some believe ring of ambush and drains are unbalanced why not compromise and get the best of all worlds and players beliefs
    and be able to make you own match with your own definition of "balance and pick the classes and power you want to use etc ?? then you wont be able to complain about broken interactions either ??
  • Options
    timmorton#3368 timmorton Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    yes
    Just wondering if this new system would work with siege and gauntlgrym also, or just dom?
  • Options
    puravidacrpuravidacr Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    yes

You're obviously an angry little troll who's not representing the state of PVP or the reasons it has become this way. That said, a lobbied PVP Q system benefits everyone. It allows us to have fun competitive equal comped, equal geared Premade fights and spares pug groups running into full Premades looking to snipe another guild or trying to sync Q's. I give a hearty +1 to the Lobby idea, there are literally no downsides.

+
  • Options
    puravidacrpuravidacr Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    yes

lol. And my bet is that these Best of the Best Troll-mades are wearing drains and rings and do nothing but slay pugs.

That will probably still happen .....BUT..... at least you top end PVP guys will get a fix in the right direction. And since the implementation already exist ...... there really is NO reason not to
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    yes

lol. And my bet is that these Best of the Best Troll-mades are wearing drains and rings and do nothing but slay pugs.

That will probably still happen .....BUT..... at least you top end PVP guys will get a fix in the right direction. And since the implementation already exist ...... there really is NO reason not to
    Everyone is begging for changes, I am just not sure any will come. From my experience the NW PVP model is based on 2 things:get pug-stomped, get angry, spend money. Here is a new shiney, buy it or get left behind and get stomped. If players can choose not to spend money and instead always fight the same people or like-geared people, this model fails. Hope I am proven wrong though.
    i hope you are wrong, although time and exp with cryptic speak for you. its not even bussiness model, its some jerky goblin torture system. Every player with brain in his head know, that even if he open his wallet to get things, he will be stomped by premades anyway. 5 vs 1, 4 vs1 , 3 vs 1, 2 vs 1 pick yourself the odd. Not all can be members of pvp guild or they wanna be or meet their vchat requirements

cryptic just see console opportunity and dont care about currently playing players. its not coincidence that when ps2 finally launched, dev suddenly appear on forum very often
  • Options
    zerogravityv0zerogravityv0 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    yes
    A premade Q would be awesome
  • Options
    nezdin#5514 nezdin Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    yes
    Just discovered that this was impossible to do last night after trying to arrange a 10 people match in our alliance. The idea would be cool, as long as this did not mean that Puggers would be left in the cold with no one to play...that would be a shame.
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)
  • Options
    playasinnombreplayasinnombre Member Posts: 42 Arc User

Just discovered that this was impossible to do last night after trying to arrange a 10 people match in our alliance. The idea would be cool, as long as this did not mean that Puggers would be left in the cold with no one to play...that would be a shame.

It would be cool... if we puggers didn't have to get roflstomped by premades until we ''gg'', maybe we could actually play PvP? That would be a nice change of pace.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    yes
    metalldjt said:

the idea of a lobby system is that you can choose with whoever u want to play.

you can make 2 teams of 10 players that are all 2k item level, you can make 2 teams of 10 players that are all from your guild, you can also organize to not use certain items, your match your rules.

this actually will only increase pvp and there will be far more less timewasting in the que system waiting for the window to pop, because it will be instant.

so the concept would be really easy.

1. a que system for solo/duo ques with a good matchmaking.
    2. a que system for premade groups 5v5 that puts you randomly with another group of players.
    3. a lobby que system where it allows you to invite both teams in the que group and fight against eachother.

ALL OF THEM FOR PVP DOMINATION.

easy, smooth , fast .

for the 3rd for the sake of "BOTING" we can remove the REWARDS from it.
    The "good matchmaking" part you allude to is key for any queue...but I haven't heard of any efforts to deal with that directly.

Still, yes I guess 1, 2 and 3 would be better than the current state which is making players like myself despair seeing no progress at all towards getting pvp gear or even having fun...If premade queues are a possibility then given I can find 9 more players in my circle, guild, alliance, I will definitely make use of it. What I meant was that if everyone who can play with the people they know did just that, then the individual queuing (as we know them now) would dry up and take very long to be matched - this may even happen to solo queues, if they were to be implemented. However, maybe even this "drying up" of pvp queues would be better than what we have now.
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)
  • Options
    yes

It would be cool... if we puggers didn't have to get roflstomped by premades until we ''gg'', maybe we could actually play PvP? That would be a nice change of pace.

Well, I am exactly that pug who queues in the hope of having a fun match, ends up roflstomped one match after the next, and cannot get a minimum number of seals of triumph to get any sort of decent pvp gear for his level, let alone complete a minimum number of tasks in the pvp campaign. I think that anyone would agree with your statement, not just I.
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    Yes, same reasoning as for the solo queue poll thread
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
This discussion has been closed.