What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Update on the Trade Bar Store

Comments

• Options
    umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    solbergx said:

You do know that the happier the users are the more money they spend!!! You guys seem to do all backward!!!

Not really, frustration is a bigger money-spending factor.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    i m taking a break

And people called me stupid for not buying a 6 months vip... I knew it
  • Options
    satanofmetalsatanofmetal Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    This is such a questionable move from a company that trives to make a good F2P. Not wasting more money on thi. Rather spend my 50 bucks and get a complete game, not a HAMSTER item necessary to progress.
  • Options
    ismoismo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Was going to get new VIP upgrade but after this why the hell would I do that. Bad move, think I will start play some thing else have a nice day foks :(
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    "On Friday, February 19, Coalescent Wards..."
    ...Posted on February 18th. Executed at 6am the 19th as a maintenance with no notes.
    No, not shady at all.

Drastic change; no notice. I barely caught this in time and logged in before work to buy wards with my bars I've been saving since the first week of "VIP."

• Options
    helix#4749 helix Member Posts: 62 Arc User

I've never been more proud to admit that I've never paid a penny into this game than I am today.

You just shown me the light. I will never spend another dime on this game too so long as Cryptic owns it.
  • Options
    raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Hahahahahaha... Got em
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Surely they know how stupid coal and ward prices are. Will be interesting what kind of spider web they weave this time to Band-Aid the problem.

They made GMoP cheaper. But what does that matter now? Blow 10 preservation wards just to make a rank 7. It'll happen to plenty of people. Who the hell wants to pay a HAMSTER ton only to gamble it!?
  • Options
    jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    meirami said:

Coalescent wards were my only reason for buying enchanted keys. There's nothing else of value in Tarmalune Store because the game is too easy even without op pets and the mounts cost way too much. .

And here we have the negative effect on the economy.

• Options
    Does the devs even PLAY this game?
  • Options
    jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    cjh1983 said:

You'd think they wouldve learnedsomething from all the other fiasco they've presided over

They gave us some notice, not a lot but not retroactive warning and no editing stuff, so yes, they learned something.

• Options
    fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    So, SO happy i got to craft a P vorpal/g negation before this HAMSTER
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    So now that tradebars are worthless again are they going to do a re-re-work of the trade bar store?
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    skinnnie#7634 skinnnie Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I was wondering if they even tested these changes before they want to implement it?
    I mean yes its a drastic move and yes alot of people will move on and stop paying
    I love the game it has such big potential but its not really showing
    so did anyone seen this coming or know if this has been tested?
    i will keep playing cuz i love my guild and people but game needs serious upgrades and better thinking
  • Options
    indalordindalord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 51 Arc User
    Hi,
    It is not correct to remove Coal/Ward... ! As VIp, we bought a package. Now you change the rule. Not fair.
    With the free key, I usually have 2 or 3 coals a month and few pres wards. So you have to give us back; Even BoA.
    And not to speak about the fact you did that a friday morning with no time to adjust and organise !
    Indalord I & II
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    Looking at this logically we had 3 months of VIP where the wards were so high that no one bought them trade bars (200 bars for a coal). Then they cut the prices (coal wards are 75 bars) and everyone started buying them from the trade bar merchant. In that first 3 months of VIP everyone said it was awesome (despite criticism about it being a subscription) and you could make your AD back on this program. Then we had the trade bars rework and it became even more awesome.

Now we are effectively back were we started where no one uses trade bars for coal wards. This is not the end of the world, the sky is not falling. The rage around this is laughable. The choices are simple, you like the game and the price of wards isn't going to change it or you came back because of the trade bar rework and your leaving again.

If you were using the VIP and the lockboxes to make a profit you are not Cryptics audience for this game and therefore your rage does not matter. The target audience is to have people come into the game, enjoy levels 1-60 and make friends, grind 61-70 so you can play with those friends. Get bored with end game and level another character or two that you think looks really cool. Get to lvl 60 on those characters decide end game is not worth the effort to grind 61-70 and leave. In that short span you have bought and epic mount ($25), 6 months of VIP because its a great value ($60), and maybe buy a campaign back cause of cool dragonborns or the bag space ($75). So rounded up you end up giving them $200 for a month or two of gaming and walk away. That's their audience, unless you find a way to turn those people away before they buy anything you will not change cryptics target audience. There is a reason why all new content is geared toward low level players.

vip was launched on 8/11

coals dropped price to 75 bars on 11/17
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    pando83 said:

I have yet to understand how the changes to wards "affected the economy in a bad way". I thought it was the opposite.

Cryptic does not employ an economist to monitor the games economy. Economy as defined in that statement means profit margin for stakeholders in this games production.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User

If you think you can require players to spend 150 bucks on one enchantment you seem to have forgotten you're not running this game in Korea or China.

Are you telling me honestly that players from those countries can afford to drop 150 dollars on one silly item?

this is why this game encourages bots.

because their own pricing is vastly unreasonable.

• Options
    lucanmoonshadowlucanmoonshadow Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Now when the Dread ring Thayans yell, "Neverwinter fools!" we know who and what they mean ... at this point it makes one wish they could to fight on the enemies team instead of against em ~
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

Looking at this logically we had 3 months of VIP where the wards were so high that no one bought them trade bars (200 bars for a coal). Then they cut the prices (coal wards are 75 bars) and everyone started buying them from the trade bar merchant. In that first 3 months of VIP everyone said it was awesome (despite criticism about it being a subscription) and you could make your AD back on this program. Then we had the trade bars rework and it became even more awesome.

Now we are effectively back were we started where no one uses trade bars for coal wards. This is not the end of the world, the sky is not falling. The rage around this is laughable. The choices are simple, you like the game and the price of wards isn't going to change it or you came back because of the trade bar rework and your leaving again.

If you were using the VIP and the lockboxes to make a profit you are not Cryptics audience for this game and therefore your rage does not matter. The target audience is to have people come into the game, enjoy levels 1-60 and make friends, grind 61-70 so you can play with those friends. Get bored with end game and level another character or two that you think looks really cool. Get to lvl 60 on those characters decide end game is not worth the effort to grind 61-70 and leave. In that short span you have bought and epic mount ($25), 6 months of VIP because its a great value ($60), and maybe buy a campaign back cause of cool dragonborns or the bag space ($75). So rounded up you end up giving them $200 for a month or two of gaming and walk away. That's their audience, unless you find a way to turn those people away before they buy anything you will not change cryptics target audience. There is a reason why all new content is geared toward low level players.

vip was launched on 8/11

coals dropped price to 75 bars on 11/17

Pretty much this. We're reminded time and time again that this game is not for those who are here for a long time.
    Game is designed around new players who will come, pay the price and go away - it's really simple.

If anyone thinks it's not true, than well...think again. I'm here long enough to know it for a fact. I do not need further evidence.
    Long time players don't give Cryptic a dime, not now not ever, those stupid moves makes us even more vigilant in our actions.

Thanks @putzboy78 for painting the whole Cryptic philosophy in a few short words.

So those who leave? they will leave, so what? Cryptic doesn't care lol they never did. More will come till the game has so bad reputation it will be shut down. The money were made already, so now it's just a matter of doing few good things here and there and just make the water flow.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
This discussion has been closed.