test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance will take place on Friday, 2/19 - Extended

Comments

• freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    The server realizing more **** 4 letter words than it has ever seen and therefore terminating itself.
  • korpivaelluskorpivaellus Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Maybe 90% players have quit and there is no sense restart game servers
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    freshour said:

The server realizing more **** 4 letter words than it has ever seen and therefore terminating itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNSlRuH0m4U
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• baronstragenbaronstragen Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    Just said on the launcher maintenance is extended another 3 hours. If you're suprised, you're new to this game, aren't ya? :expressionless:
    Varric the Cursed Dwarven cursed to be Tiefling CW
    Original Serenity Mostly Retired DC
    Tokarek Bearded Dwarven OP Tankadin
    JuiceHead Goofy Human GWF
    Member of H3llzWarriors and Limitless.
  • aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    6 hours to remove 3 items from the tradebar store?

That's....special.
    Just wait for the usual - excuse that something went wrong with the continuum transfunctioner - rather than what is really happening or any form of honesty other than Strum trying to cover up for more and more BS that he shouldn't have to.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    aaramis75 said:

That's....special.

Amuses me that they're yanking out the rubies too. Are they that greedy? Almost no one bought those things, because artifact gear costs too much.
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    Maintenance wasn't "extended", the game was up for awhile. This is emergency taking things offline.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I suspect someone, somewhere found a way to claim multiple of those 'gifts' we all got in our mailbox.

The German Neverwinter Twitter says the following:
    Es gibt einige Probleme mit den Loginservern, sodass wir die Server vorerst wieder herunterfahren mussten. Erste ETA ist: 2 Stunden. #NWPC
    Meaning they are experiencing problems with the login server and have to reboot them. ETA is 2 hours.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
    Probably took it offline to hide the steam users currently playing the game being in the negatives.
  • korpivaelluskorpivaellus Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    Maintenance has been extended to 12PM
  • jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    I should have checked out the claims agent before I tried to change characters....
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    well, i can go back and sleep 3 more hours.
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    It's good that we are being kept updated.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    You know, the consecutive HAMSTER-ups - Tradebar Store, Leveling Dungeons returning, CN being described as a 'string of HE's - made me think of David Mitchell's rant on Would I Lie to You.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AivFzvgQPYE
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User

Update 9:28AM PT: Due to a few issues we discovered, we need to bring the servers back down until roughly 12PM PT.

Well, it's the not the servers as STO is up and running. It can't be the patch, as there are no patch notes. It can't be anything good, as good things don't happen here any more.

Oh the speculation!
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    freshour said:

Just wait for the usual - excuse that something went wrong with the continuum transfunctioner - rather than what is really happening or any form of honesty other than Strum trying to cover up for more and more BS that he shouldn't have to.

Whats the market value on a strum soul these days?
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Well - they were brainstorming ways to make the game even less fun for players and someone probably joked they best way would be to just disable login completely. A project management intern (the only sort cryptic seems to use) took that literally and put it into their ticket system... *shrug* interns... what can you do?
  • lotosabstractlotosabstract Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    The Login Servers appear to be down... The game itself appears to be up... Or at least, there's still quite a few of us playing...
    Whether anything we do right now transfers over to the reboot... Who knows...

Mostly, it's just a bunch of kvetching in Zone Chat...
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    BTW - go play STO, it's up an running. As I've said about 100 times in the last few weeks, the Neverwinter team A) got the shaft when that dude left STO and came over to head up NW and B) should go learn how to run a game from the STO team - heck, they sit across the hall from them, you'd think they'd communication some... but clearly not... such a shame! Since spring 2015, STO has really turned around. weird, I know... wonder why...

*cough*
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9213383-neverwinter:-looking-into-elemental-evil
    *cough*
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    awesomer and awesomer
  • crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    aaramis75 said:

That's....special.

I spit out coffee on my keyboard. Thanks for the laugh...now I must go clean this up. lol
  • armitchellarmitchell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    Well the Wards out of trade bars will stop me from buying keys off Zen Market. In-fact I wont Buy anything from Zen Market any more. Every time I turn around, this company screws the little guys. I am sure I will still play the game because of my friends and the community but as far as giving Cryptic more monies, they will have to get it from other people.

/rant off

#IFeelBetter
    xpaija.jpg
  • organazorganaz Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Its like giving a 9 y/o an unwrapped lollipop and take it back after 30 seconds, saying there is something wrong.. Then drop the lollipop into a pile of cow dung and give it back to the kid...
  • alviismealviisme Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2016

I was upset at first about them removing coal wards but then I realized,

1. We all bought VIP before they had Coal's in TB store.
    2. We managed just fine without Coals in TB store for many many mods, we will manage just fine without them again.
    3. After what they pulled on the Xbox this was written on the wall, at least they didn't do to us what they did to Xbox players, we got a short warning and a blog post from Andy.
    4. I have never bought a Coal ward from Zen store and have been here since Mod 3, I'll never buy one from Zen store full stop, no change there either. I wonder who actually buys them and it's likely those who have the least interest in upgrading their character.

I don't know what game you were playing but I've been playing this game since mod 4 and there have ALWAYS been Coal Wards in the Tbar store... but the price was 200 bars and i'm pretty certain that they were BoA as well. If you weren't so busy jumping over morks you might have noticed that in mod 3 ....

• dakwa1dakwa1 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    12:37 and it is still out?
    I may not be the best player in the world, but at least I learn my Toon, and how to play them. b:laugh
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    We are sorry, to screw you over. If you feel violated, plz concider, that we have YOUR best interest in mind. Here are a few tokens as lubricant, so you wont feel so violated by our actions.

This is how this changes are translated properly.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
This discussion has been closed.