test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thanks for the Transmute cost reduction Cryptic.

wnxkrowwnxkrow Member Posts: 4 Arc User
Finally, character customization will be affordable. I appreciate this because we all know that 50k AD to sellect a different look on each piece of your gear was ridiculous. Perhaps now we shall see more diversity and not the same old looks.

We still have a long way to go on the AD economy but keep up the good work, maybe some day NWO will be as great as STO.

Thank you, Sincerely
Krow

P.S. Where else should prices be adjusted to improve AD economy and gamer enjoyment in NWO?

Comments

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    I concur! At only 5K per piece, I will be much more likely to transmute items.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    SWEET I can finally do away with that ugly look of Elven gear. Must remember to pick up a couple of Mulhorand Longswords for future transmute use.
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    I already had full transmuted gear but its still nice to see the change,
    if new cool looking stuff will coming i will be happy about that.
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    yes, thank you!
    something new to start now! :)
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    wow 5k a piece? awesome! I think we'll see many more varied looks now :D
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2016
    I love it.

I am really glad that transmuting is now something I can do without counting pennies, so to speak.

Character appearance is something I know is very important to myself and my friends. Our constant hesitation to customize it was a huge complaint since day one. I would have planned appearances for all of my characters virtually from character creation but at the prices of transmutes I simply could not justify transmuting until I obtained end game gear that I did not expect to change.

While I don't think I personally would spend AD to transmute while leveling even after the change I could see others feeling it is now at an acceptable level. However I know I will be taking advantage of this feature and transmuting once I reach level 70 instead of waiting to obtain the BIS end game gear like I did before.

Kudos Cryptic. It's been long overdue but I am glad it is here now.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I am very pleased. I have a lot of gear that I do need to elementally infuse first, but now I feel more motivated to do so. My fave TR looks exactly how I like him again, and I'm thinking about what I might want to do with my CW. And I fixed my HR's Dusk boots into something that doesn't make his calves look fat.

While I don't think I personally would spend AD to transmute while leveling even after the change I could see others feeling it is now at an acceptable level.

If you get a scaling weapon though, doooo iiiiiit.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    Scaling weapons for sure! Transmute away!

I was thinking more along the lines of the armor that you change every 15 minutes while leveling particularly from 1-60 if you play the game at my pace. I am not exactly frugal with my money but I don't feel it's worth it...but unlike before I don't think I'd insist for people not to do it if they really wanted to. :)
  • ravenkkinravenkkin Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    I love to see ty cryptic threads! this is a great move guys,so thx a lot.
  • juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    Finally an actual use for my guild marks; guild pvp gear makes great transmutes lol
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    Yes, it was a wise choice. Thanks for listening.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    between this and the preview option, things are going to be much better in the fashion department :D
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Fashion contest?

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

No contest needed Andy. We already know who would win and lose. ;)
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    It was nice of them to do this when it's only been needed for months since the removal of AD from leadership. Maybe in another year they'll get around to reducing companion upgrade costs and mount training costs to reasonable levels. Wouldn't that be something?
    It would. I guess we'll see if it happens within the next year.
  • linaduinlinaduin Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Thanks for the change. I transmuted my first item ever yesterday - used the the 'Hood of Fate' from the SW booster pack, which I've had in storage for months, hoping something like this would happen.
  • hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    Awesome change. Now if only we could see our fashion instead of the ugly chant effects it would be complete (yeah I know I can remove them but you know what I mean).
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    Agreed! Very good move.
    ty.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer

No contest needed Andy. We already know who would win and lose. ;)

*blushes*

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• psistarprimepsistarprime Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Awesome move, Cryptic. LoL, I have spent millions over the past 3 years transmuting, so I definitely like the reduction. Now please allow us to disable visuals on armor enchantments, so that we can see our pretty clothes instead of globs of red/black/whatever
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    Sooo happy I saved a set of gear I loved on my CW in hopes that transmuting would be affordable eventually.
    INVENTORY RECOVERED and I look hot.

TY guys! :)