test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Change Item Appearance Cost Reduction

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I love this change! :D I usually wear fashion gear though, mainly because of the large cost of transmuting armor. Now I will probably wear armor on at least some of my characters. :D Thanks so much for this!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    elek666elek666 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Kudos!

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    As you can see from all the posts in the patch notes, we are pleased.

I am also glad to see the change will be made for our XBox brethren ASAP.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    I'm so pleased with this. Thank you!
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • Options
    redmegredmeg Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    yay, the best news ever, so pleased about it
  • Options
    simpotniysimpotniy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Yes, a much welcome change.

However if you guys want to fix AD/economy in this game, it is those botters that you guy have to really pay attention. Yesterday at around 11:00 PM PST in PE lfg channel, I see more spam on these botters selling AD than actual people looking for group unless of course you guys do allow them to do that. In all my MMO game life, I have never seen a game that blatantly let botters run wild at certain maps anytime in the game.
  • Options
    kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    AWESOME !
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    I appreciated the changes,
    for me would be -50% more than enough but -90% is almost Perfect thanks!!

I already have everything transmuted
    but anyway there's was always something that i wanted to try out,
    and now it's the time for, thanks.
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    duvaindessduvaindess Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Love the new cost of transmutation B)B)B)

PS those botters are ridiculous.... even if i spam-report them, like 20 of them with an invocation run (all 11 toons), they are just back there for the next invo run. And of course the message is all the same. they should be banning their IP's
  • Options
    ririyamaririyama Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    :)
    A member of Grievance!
    (http://www.grievancegaming.org)
  • Options
    sheenabc19sheenabc19 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    This change has really helped me, thank you :)
  • Options
    ichimaruginxichimaruginx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 230 Arc User
    OMG thanks :D I think this really is one of the best changes to boot, good start with a new year!
  • Options
    gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    Great news. :)
    “He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
  • Options
    xenolith666xenolith666 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    return astral diamonds to the leadership profession.. my ad generation took a nose dive when u got rid of that
  • Options
    mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    You Guys Rock!! Thank YOU :D!

- Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • Options
    daviar1daviar1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    This news is so awesome that it will be my first post...even though I've been playing for over 2 years :)
    The only thing that would make this more awesome is if there are plans to release new outfits!
    sorry, i know that's a bit greedy considering how awesome this new is :)
  • Options
    ricklaruericklarue Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Great news, but the timing is less than desirable... i.e., the day _after_ I spent 35k AD on a transmute. :(
  • Options
    anantadielanantadiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    Yes it's a good thing, but transmute items if we can't hide the armor enchant...

Finally it's useless to transmute : because of the armor's enchant, we can't appreciate it.
  • Options
    freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    hahaha - I think I added up 6 months ago that I've spent over 2 million AD on transmutes on my GF alone. Transmutes are the way to go especially since all of the new gear looks so bad. If only those bound to character items with the old t1/t2 gear could be made UNBOUND but as a transmute only..... THAT would be a game changer... The AH would blooooowwwww up over that stuff.

Oh you have an old warlock item that looks insanely awesome? Transmute x item to it for 5k. You can now transfer to your account or sell the transmute..... holy freaking HAMSTER that would be amazing. I think I spent like 850k for an old draconic shield that isn't in the game anymore..... what I would do to save that transmute.... WHAT I WOULD DO.

But still - something that shoulda been done years ago, that will start to add up on the "good changes the new devs have done". In regards to the changing the cube of augmentation price. I bet this is one thing they won't budge on. Probably will show up in the tradebar store soon though. Lord knows we always unlock the thing that we want last, and spend 4-500k getting to it lol.
  • Options
    joyousdecieverjoyousdeciever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    MOUNT TRAINING pretty starry panthers and jubilee parade horses are getting sacrificed to the gods of full bags because they are worthless to a lvl 70 main character or heavily played alt... they are fine for inactive characters but just a waste when you need to keep up with the pack in endgame ....... wod dragon run comes to mind
    devs ... cant figure out how much mount training should be??? look at current economy and the cost of the cheapest epic mounts on the ah ... then go a bit above that for the total cost of rank 1 to rank 3 ... why would anyone buy an uncommon or rare accountwide.... when the cost leaves them stuck at that speed..there is one uncommon and one rare mount i would buy from zen if upgrade was realistic...as it is i have bought NO account wide mount because i dont care for most of them
    and the one i really like is rare thus too slow and too expensive ad wise to upgrade on every toon so zen market... NO SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    hyst3ricpon3shyst3ricpon3s Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Now all we need is cross-class transmutes and HR being fixed. Cause being a half-assed Control Wizard isn't good for it.

Needs more typical sustained DPS with like 2-3 control skills to pick from with long-ish cooldowns.

Best change so far tho.
  • Options
    freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    While you are at it... Can you turn on the PTR plz.... I'd love to try out some of these new toys.
  • Options
    tuddyytuddyy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I will gladly transmute all my armor parts 10 times and spend 200K at it, that price for a single transmute of all armor parts was obscene.

Thank you Arc games for breathing some sense over NW economy.
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    Nice and unexpected change.

Thank you
    DD~
  • Options
    shadowslave604shadowslave604 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    This is awesome news and i am sure tons of ppl will be transmuting like crazy now....but some of us saved and horded items and ad just to have the look we wanted.

i just spent about 500k ad this last weekend to perfect all 3 of my toons just to have this amazing thing happen AFTER I WAS DONE...
    now can we get cross class transmutes next and new items or bring back the old t1/t2 gears as transmutes only.

Thanks again for the ad sink reductions and keep them coming...
    come on mount training my sled wants an upgrade
    Shadowslave604

RELAPSEGuild

Darsyus Dawnblade - Human Female - Paladin - Main 22k ilvl
    Grunnarch the Red - DragonBorn Male - Barbarian
    Shazglar Swifthunter - Half Orc Female - Ranger
    Shynt'Drin Do'Urden - Drow Male - Rogue
    Fari - Human Female - Wizard
    Tisha SwornHeart - Tiefling Female - Warlock
    Brom Bloodeye - Dwarf Male - Fighter
    Luna Starshine - Halfling Female - Cleric
  • Options
    mramarodanmramarodan Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Just charged 5000 Zen to show my support! Nice job, keep it up :smile:
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Ok... only after waiting so long for more "AD Changes", i was really hoping to see much more concrete improvements by now.

What about the AD costs for boons?
    What about the AD costs for upgrading companions?
    What about a reasonable AD path to upgrade the speed of a mount?
    ... and so on.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!