test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Do you guys care anymore? Balancing EVER would be nice(TR's/GF)

xavior44xavior44 Member Posts: 153 Arc User
It really does not take video proof or a smart person to see that these two classes need attention ASAP(other classes def need a look at HRS(constant root)DC/OP healing BUT these two are the biggest issue

Guardian Fighter: Lets take Prim for example he is not even in maxed out gear.. his stats are nothing special besides his stacked 21k power(which alot of classes have these days) yet the guy is doing 70k an encounter....(one that knocks you prone at that) on top of his runspeed/blocking WHAT DO YOU EXPECT ANYONE TO DO I SEE THIS GUY TAKE 4.2K'S ALL DAY(I believe he is under 3.6 LOL) especially being a class that cannot block OR DOES NOT HAVE A DODGE COUGH WARLOCKS) anyways thats enough said about them PRIM is not the only one out there all GF's need a 40% BASE dmg reduction the 50% u gave them was HAMSTER thats my two cents

Trickster Rogue: Well the players outsmatrted the dev again.. perma stealth is basically back with a new kick you just get one hit and they run and stealth... REAL FUN .. REAL PVP RUINER... heres how u need 17k power some crit serverity clerics sigil(if u wanna really abuse it for full AP) and u just use the daily that ignore dmg resistance(this need to be changed to ignores 40%) rogues easily can take half your health down while stealthed let alone when u eat the one hit i see 4.2k GWFs one hit by a 3.6 rogue? lol should not be happening

I know probably nothing will get done.... as many people have reported these problems+ WEAPON ENCHANT BUGS but you guys dont seem to care its very disheartening you have to remember some of us DISPISE PVE and when PVP is not fun it bring those players to ask themselfs... why are we still playing and spending money on a game with no return but stress? PLEASE DEVS HAVE A GOOD LOOK AT CLASSES... DO SOME BALANCING (IF YOUR WORRIED ABOIUT PVE GETTING AFFECTED) MAKE THE BALANCING EFFECTS WORK IN PVP ONLY NOT HARD) Thanks guys hope to see some progress

Comments

• Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    Suggestion trickster rogue :
    1:slightly better cooldowns.
    2: buff base damage and encounters damage.
    3:shocking deal damage which can deflect and resist.
    4: first strike half effective in pvp.
    5: character sheet critical in stealth and a lot more critical outside stealth near to 80%.
  • Options
    no^
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    i see 4k HR oneshotted by 4k gwfs too... if we want really say the complete truth
  • Options
    lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
    i think your approach to this matter is all wrong. to fix and make good balance they (devs) wil need to re-shuffle and destroy the whole structure and start from scratch and this time actually listen to players feedback about paths, feats, encounter etc.
    will that ever happen? when hell freezes over.when will hell freeze over? when new messiah will come,when will messiah come?... well i think you got the idea it will never happen. most pvp players i knew left the game.

the fact that gg q never pops (it was the most popular pvp arena up to underdark module) says it all. now if u q for dom all you get is bored pre-mades against poor pugs.

sh pvp? well lets not even go there. iwd pvp? when does it pop if ever.

so i think you got the point.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Balancing changes have to happen gradually. I can assure you that they are looking into all the classes. They have mentioned that in various places on the forums. In my personal opinion, it's really hard to balance 9 classes for both PvP and PvE with the setup they have.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    ryfghbvryfghbv Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Back in mod 5, i thought that GFs need a heavy nerf, back on those days i get stuned and almost one-rotated, when they finished their rotation, they became inmune to damage and control till the next rotation. Instead they give them a lot of base damage, i no longer get stunned but proned, and die within 2 encounters (bull's + anvil), these days, they deal more damage with their at wills than a buffed GWF, i've seen 50k non critical swings in pvp.

TRs need rework their dailies, Shocking Execution ignores all types of defenses, even critical resistence from tenacity, and why in the nine hells they have 75% base deflect? with the potion they have 85% plus a perfect negation they have more pasive defenses than any tank in this game. I personally think that they should trade their dodge for sprint or something like that, and give warlock a dodge mechanic, this way, ranged classes can dodge, melee clases can run to catch range clasees, not sure why TRs are considered ranged though.

HRs need a fix to non dodgeable thorned roots, we all know that, but first need to fix the class entirely, the damage and control is already low for pvp, since roots only last half of their duration (another half because tenacity and then reduced almost entirely if elven battle is in there) , and armor penetration does not get applied on roots.
    You can fix this class starting on wilds medicine, making this feat based on max HP, not on base HP, then reducing the control (inmobilizes and stuns) in general and buff overall damage especially on at wills.
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    Get rid of those wacky rings and then we will talk about any other balance issues.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    ionvnegativoionvnegativo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User

Suggestion trickster rogue :
    1: slightly better cooldowns.
    2: buff base damage and encounters damage.
    3: shocking deal damage which can deflect and resist.
    4: first strike half effective in pvp.
    5: character sheet critical in stealth and a lot more critical outside stealth near to 80%.

1. Yes, cooldowns are too high, LB(useless now) has 24 secs base cd.
    2. Yes, TR encounter damage is too low, lucky if you hit fot 20k-30k on a same ítem lvl enemy. This forces to run a stealthed build, using shadow strike(almost 0 damage dealt)+ITC(0 damage dealt)+smoke/dazing strike leaving SE as the only power that really deals any high damage.
    3. Yes, remove the piercing damage, make SE, a finisher that deals x% of extra damage when the enemy is missing some health threshold, give back the prone. It can be resisted and deflected. Also the age of daggering ppl should end.
    4. No, first strike only works great with SE, is useless in a long fight, once SE gets the fix/nerf FS wont hurt anyone. Only works when you are trolling hunting and ambushing enemys at low health to get kills.
    5. Give 50% extra additive critical strike to the current stat, while in stealth, not 100%

6. GWFs/SWs need the stamina mechanism reworked.
    7. Stealth needs a rework, lasting less, but buffing DR/Armor class/deflect maybe, out of stealth/ITC, high ArmorP eat TRs.
    8. 40k-60k bull charges+100k AoD combo must be addresed. Limit the amount of buffs conqueror GFs can stack. GF+ambush ring=HAMSTER troll.
    9. destroyer GWF damage must be cut, 30k single sure strikes, 40k hidden daggers is too high.
    10. CW+tabbed shield+elven battle+ambush/cowardice ring=HAMSTER clown.
    11. Make OPs/DCs some way, so they cant heal themselves more than some % of the damage they take. Damage taken>self heals, but not so high, so they can stand against maybe 2 enemys, but 3 or 2 well geared can out dps their healing.
    12. Buff HR damage, remove the "perma daze", keep the root if needed but no the daze effect.
    13. remove stamina drain marks.
    14. delete cowardice/ambush rings, if you've planned not give them a proper cd. Players run free and happy through dungeons from boss to boss, same as when Trs used to soloed Castle Never.

• Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited January 2016

i think your approach to this matter is all wrong. to fix and make good balance they (devs) wil need to re-shuffle and destroy the whole structure and start from scratch and this time actually listen to players feedback about paths, feats, encounter etc.
    will that ever happen? when hell freezes over.when will hell freeze over? when new messiah will come,when will messiah come?... well i think you got the idea it will never happen. most pvp players i knew left the game.

the fact that gg q never pops (it was the most popular pvp arena up to underdark module) says it all. now if u q for dom all you get is bored pre-mades against poor pugs.

sh pvp? well lets not even go there. iwd pvp? when does it pop if ever.

so i think you got the point.

amen that´s a good desciption of the state

and hello to the last ppl in forum who defend c.rap like this
    1000 possible options to fix things, hhmmm where to start? ...... virtual catatonia
    Everyone "got it" at this time, even some GF at max setup ... it´s boring in every aspect
    PVP=dead branch of a rotten tree

Funny (not ironic) statement from a TR:
    "With 8k recovery, 20k power and snail + burning daggers, i can do SE/BB before Lurker assault's/CB buff ends. But my SE isn't the one doing 150k damages (around50-60k) "
    hey, sry about that poor number, frist strike will help :smile:

as long as this company fa.rts one mod after the other and just ignores players opinion and bugs it´s hopeless
  • Options
    fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    What if change tenacity to reduce % incoming damage instead of give those extra different type % dr? Its meaning less when u facing Tr's SE/piercing damage/player who has 150% RI
  • Options
    I KNOW THERES OTHER ISSUES IM SAYING LETS DEAL WITH THE REAL OBVIOUS AND ANNOYING ONES
  • Options
    ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    Prim isn't a good example. Even his own guild mates clames, that his toon is broken. And yes, he is not BiS but he is killable ;)

Problem is, that we don't know what dev's plan to do with pvp. Anyone knows?
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• Options
    primaxal1primaxal1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
    So the guy that started this thread is playing a SW, 3k ilvl. Plays domination without pvp set. Playing pvp right now, without tenacity is basicly impossible. Making a thread about pvp and asking for a nerf, without even knowing the basics of pvp is just not acceptable imo. The problem with class balancing mainly comes from gear, at max ilvl i feel like there is only 2 classes underperforming in pvp right now. CW and HR. Why not just give these 2 classes a compensation for their past nerfs/fixes.
  • Options
    revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    primaxal1 said:

So the guy that started this thread is playing a SW, 3k ilvl. Plays domination without pvp set. Playing pvp right now, without tenacity is basicly impossible. Making a thread about pvp and asking for a nerf, without even knowing the basics of pvp is just not acceptable imo. The problem with class balancing mainly comes from gear, at max ilvl i feel like there is only 2 classes underperforming in pvp right now. CW and HR. Why not just give these 2 classes a compensation for their past nerfs/fixes.

Well some guys are just here to cry, and they will be killed almost as fast from all classes, but GFs has burst so they fly away in a bullcharge and dies, then they come here and ask for nerfes.

However CW and HRs are still very good as a support roll, a HR roots u and big bad GF or GWF can easily kill the target.
    But everyone want to have equal footing against everyone in this game, i think its good that some classes works better agains some and are less effective against others. Otherwise we might just have 1 class imo.
  • Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    I agree with the CWs.balancing needs to be done

......I built up my own CW over the last few weeks and reached already 3k+ ilvl. Damage of all CW trees is OVER THE TOP, no doubt - no excuses! A class who can dodge and have an OP shield on TAb almost all the time shouldn't deal such insane burst damage. And your pro tips cc him from behind are easier said than done, as soon as you just reach my range of repel it's practically game over for you.

Gwf/Sw/GF/hr (even some DCs if I get all my rotation done) are all easily killable even with higher ilvl than mine.

Sure all classes have some problems which needs to be fixed and here we talking about CW/CW.(and lately some hypocrite GWfs) CW needs basically a tone down of 15-20% overall damage.

Edit: I would even suggest to tone down overall CW damage by 25-30% and give them 1% more control streangh to fit their role as controller more.

In general a class cannot have both at the same time, insane defense + offense = unbalanced!!!

• Options
    kropek1991kropek1991 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User

I agree with the CWs.balancing needs to be done

......I built up my own CW over the last few weeks and reached already 3k+ ilvl. Damage of all CW trees is OVER THE TOP, no doubt - no excuses! A class who can dodge and have an OP shield on TAb almost all the time shouldn't deal such insane burst damage. And your pro tips cc him from behind are easier said than done, as soon as you just reach my range of repel it's practically game over for you.

Gwf/Sw/GF/hr (even some DCs if I get all my rotation done) are all easily killable even with higher ilvl than mine.

Sure all classes have some problems which needs to be fixed and here we talking about CW/CW.(and lately some hypocrite GWfs) CW needs basically a tone down of 15-20% overall damage.

Edit: I would even suggest to tone down overall CW damage by 25-30% and give them 1% more control streangh to fit their role as controller more.

In general a class cannot have both at the same time, insane defense + offense = unbalanced!!!

Video plis.
  • Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    ^^^^ :)

You ae not? Not useless nor text at all.

1)It is always good to attack pvp CWs ,for their past -present-future ever lasting nerf requests . \o/

2)i just wrote 5 words changed Gf of your text with CW. :P :open_mouth:

3)Someone didn't get it,he wants a video! :open_mouth:
  • Options
    No he plays GWF and dare to complain about GFs dmg, pretty wacko when GWF dmg output over all is higher the GFs in a match... Guess they just want that 1 class that can kill them nerfed so they can rule the domination again ^^
  • Options

I would not say nerf GFs, but at least give GWFs a prone back. Either FS or Takedown.

That would make the stupid OP u do realise that huh?
  • Options

I would not say nerf GFs, but at least give GWFs a prone back. Either FS or Takedown.

That would make the stupid OP u do realise that huh?
    We already had the prones. GF still has one. It is okay for GF to have a power that can one shot you, but if you survive you can be proned and die the next hit?lol
    Mac, gave some nice info about how the classes works and i am to tired to make a long post about how silly OP a GWF would be if he had a prone on takedown (with superlow CD) or FLS with mulitple prones. GWF has unstoppable and build stacks and can attack at all time (unless proned buhu) IF they were to have a prone it would be no stopping them. A GF however cant attack while blocking so a big diffrence.

I play mainly GWF (or did before everyone wanted to play it) so i know very well how silly it would be with a prone back on the encounter bar. A fully buffed GWF hit just as hard as a GF and have better mobilizing the gf and cc resist. Just think about it for 2 sec before u type next time :) peace