test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CTA: Garrundar the Vile Returns!

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Calling all adventurers to fly to the island Garrundar inhabits to take part in the return of CTA: Garrundar the Vile! http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9739483

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• aleblainaleblain Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I think CTAs need a freshy improvement! But even more awesome would be epic versions of all Skirmishes to play as end game. A big ball of fresh "new" content. I know... just ideas.

Edit: a Spiders Village CTA with special "Spider look" transmutable gear sets would be great. Something like GFs and CWs who have an armor of that kind in Rothé Valley quests. By the way, please Strum, tell the artwork designers that Rogues like daggers as weapons, not "unfitable big swords" in rogue's daggers-like moves!!! Thanks!
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    aleblain said:

But even more awesome would be epic versions of all Skirmishes to play as end game.

That's a great idea! I would like running the skirmish over and over, but both my characters are over 3K il. They just whistle through this content--and the content looks exciting!
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    This is one of the few skirmish events I enjoy despite there being little on offer for me. I just wish they would do a monthly skirmish event along with all the other events, and use all the skirmishes we only have access to at certain stages during the levelling process.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • jfnajfna Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    What's the chance of getting a Lizardfolk Shaman Companion out of the Call of Arms event? %? thx
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    Should this really be taking less than 1 minute to complete?
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • publius99publius99 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Does anyone know how rare the Lizard Shaman companion is?
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    publius99 said:

The same as all the other CTAs? They're 10k AD on the AH so they can't be that hard to get.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    urabask said:

publius99 said:

The same as all the other CTAs? They're 10k AD on the AH so they can't be that hard to get.
    That's because of winterfest and "wanna-get-money-fast" sellers
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I would say you will almost guarantee get one out of 50 runs give or take..

• lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    arabatur said:

I'm very disappointed about this. Can it even be called a skirmish now that it takes 1 minute to complete? I take back what I said earlier :|
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • jfnajfna Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @silverkelt said:
    > I would say you will almost guarantee get one out of 50 runs give or take..

thx silverkelt one people actually responded, you thx
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

The level scaling is still broken. These CTAs used to be a challenge and really fun until Mod 6, now they are a breeze. You can't even lose health. Please make them harder.

lirithiel said:

arabatur said:

I'm very disappointed about this. Can it even be called a skirmish now that it takes 1 minute to complete? I take back what I said earlier :|
    Why would you even run it if it took 5+ minutes? The rewards are garbage. The only reason they're even worth running is because they end quickly.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    I love how the dragon keeps knocking you off your feet BEFORE the red circle appears. Devs, do you have any idea how frustrating that is?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    dragon doesnt do anything other then standard wing flap and breath.

Your getting hit by a trapper.

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    You're wrong. The black dragon also spits out acid into a large red circular area. When it hits you, you get knocked off your feet.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Woot. Can't wait to see what the OP transmutes look like.

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that they just recycled the GF skins, but made the OP have a separate item. Other events have allowed shared weapon and shield skins to be tagged as valid for both GF and OP, or created a legitimately new mace (etc.) and even new shields (again sometimes valid for both classes). This "added transmute" was both lazy and an act of unnecessary duplication. Should have just tagged the OP onto the GF skin if nobody was up for creating new artwork for it.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I'd like to see the lvl 60 version remain for lower toons but a lvl 70 version added for the lvl 70 2.5+K iL crowd, because every run I've been on in the last 3 or 4 CTAs has had at least 1 character in the group who can solo it within 3 or 4 minutes, it really is push button receive bacon.
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    The battle for the bridge was seriously less than 2 minutes- this one at least had a unskippable cut scene. :/
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    Yeah I did it 4x I think... took less than 10 mins most of that being the cut scene and bought a shaman off the AH and called it a day. I swear at some point I remembered dying in these things at one point. I was in a party with like level 20's and I stood back as a bis level 70 cw, and they still crushed the thing. What happened?