test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Major Tom is Gone

valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
R.I.P David Bowie

One of the Greatest composer and musician has passed away. His personna would keep changing but he was always Original. I've seen him in concert a few times, always a great show. He was creating music until the end. His latest work is still trickling onto youtube.

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    :( I'm gonna have to dig out my VHS of Labyrinth and try to find a working VCR to watch it on (if the tape isn't completely worn out). :(
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    This definitely ruined my night when I heard.

I don't think anybody has tried to create nearly as wide of a range of music as Bowie. He might not be a big name among all the young dudes anymore and younger generations might not know him but he has remained fairly active and had a love of music variety like few others in history.

One of my favorite stories about Bowie is that he once did a show in which he sung "The Man Who Sold the World" and some kid told him it was awesome for him to do a Nirvana tribute after the show. David Bowie was obviously less than thrilled but it goes to show just how much younger generations owe to him. It might be, as unlikely as I believe it is, that current bands do not often cite Bowie as an inspiration but I guarantee most cited bands this day in age are the same who cited Bowie as their inspiration.

He shaped the music industry through and through and his death touches but the old and the young directly or indirectly. Whether you sung David Bowie songs on the ride home from a hard days work to pick you up or the generations of musicians he inspired, the music industry would not be where it is today if it wasn't for the work he contributed.