test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is going on with Lockbox Rewards

Comments

• Options
    It's gambling, really. If I had 20+ characters named "bank01" through "bank026" and dealt in hundreds of millions of Astrals then ya, I'd probably have fun opening up hundreds of lockboxes a day too. I mean you only have to score once to make your money back and then some if you hit a mythic mount or ultra expensive artifact. With the kind of bank they're playing with they already have everything already, they're just doing it to have fun gambling lol

In a way it kinda helps the economy because without the keys for sale in the Zen Market and the people gambling like this, things like the Book of the Dead would be astronomically rare; very few would have it, even less would sell it if they got it. If you're like me and you just use your one free key a day then you shouldn't be surprised that your name never pops up -- you're not opening 100+ at a time.

What I did notice recently though is that I haven't got a single trade bar since the Simril thing started. Maybe that's broken?
  • Options
    mercbenz360mercbenz360 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

Those players that have their name show up day after day have spent a small fortune on keys, and it does eventually pay off. Open enough (thousands) and you can get lucky enough to have your name pop up more than once a day. Not an exploit, but a very large wallet.

Oh a lot of people in every guild has noticed this. It's not just money but that's a lot of time they must be spending opening and posting stuff. I hope for the sake of the devs it's ZEN bought.

• Options
    fluffy6977fluffy6977 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    null
    Pretty sure based on the timing of this you're talking about me, as on that day I pulled two Symbol of Fires within moments of each other. I also opened 110 lockboxes with earned astral converted to zen, and by the end of that netted 6 artifacts overall. Before then I have opened probably 200-250 with a few Thayan books a couple of catalogue and a lathander from the Thayan Treasures. It is RNG, but I never get a fantastic drop from opening only one box at a time. Save your keys and try it sometime!
  • Options
    edited January 2016

null

Pretty sure based on the timing of this you're talking about me, as on that day I pulled two Symbol of Fires within moments of each other. I also opened 110 lockboxes with earned astral converted to zen, and by the end of that netted 6 artifacts overall. Before then I have opened probably 200-250 with a few Thayan books a couple of catalogue and a lathander from the Thayan Treasures. It is RNG, but I never get a fantastic drop from opening only one box at a time. Save your keys and try it sometime!

I'm talking about 1+ Giant Strider every day for a week, 1-2 Armored Striders and a half a dozen Fire Arts. That of course is just while I'm on/what others talked about seeing.

Gratz on the arts btw!

• Options
    kadokathegreatkadokathegreat Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    i think its a rigged system ppl who spend moneey get better rewards ivve spent about 100$since release but farmed have 6 char who refine max ad everyday opened well over 1000-1500 boxes the best ive got was 2 gmopotency i know a guy whe spends thousands and on the box with bettle opened 10 boxes recieved epic bettle leg bettle and thayan book with 10 boxs and with all that money he spent very lil on keys maybe ytd opened up aroud 150 boxes rec heart of black, gorgon, 2x snails so no its not random if u spend thousands buying pefect eennch and latest mounts an fey pack they rewared u buy trying to intice u to spend more evety once in a blue moon someone will win somthhing to try to inticce u to spendd but i believe its a rip and dont even try annymore its cheaper to save rough ad and refine for ench or mounts in ah then to convert and try to win
  • Options
    zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    I really can't wait for another 100 profession packs....
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    zman81420 said:

I really can't wait for another 100 profession packs....

Lol! But I would take those over black ice shaping any day.

• Options
    Yup^

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    What if it is the Devs opening boxes on accounts to give the illusion that more players are getting rewards and thus enticing people to try their luck!!!!!

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

null

It seems like a lot of things work this way. I seem to get better drops farming HE when I wait and get at least five. the parcels tend to be better with ten. lockboxes.. it's a thing.
  • Options
    xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    I would see it's completely random, no cheating or any bs like that. Up to 2 months ago I've only won heart of the black dragon, a few horns, and a few puissance belts ( when horn and belt sold for over 350k a piece) but no mount nothing. And this is coming from someone who's been opening at least 100-200 boxes a week.

Then I won a legendary bullete, 3 diamonds within a week of each other. Week later another legendary bullete, thayan book, countless main artifacts etc. I was feeling crazy lucky. 2 weeks later crushing wave hits I buy 250+ keys days one and won nothing! No artifacts nothing. Next day 50 more. Nothing.

Two weeks later I pull a snail, week after I pull a coastal. Within 2 weeks time aftet I pull 3 more snails and a bunch of artifacts. I have personally seen my name pop 3 times in 20min admin message. So no cheating or botting or PW trying to bait anyone. It is definitely luck.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

What I did notice recently though is that I haven't got a single trade bar since the Simril thing started. Maybe that's broken?

That is really weird. I got 10 for my free key yesterday. Maybe I've been taking yours? :D Sorry.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    cactusjacktercactusjackter Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    I got a Coastal Snail and two artifacts of fire yesterday within 5 minutes of each other.
  • Options
    kadokathegreatkadokathegreat Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    I'll challenge you convert enough free as into Zen and buu 100 keys then open you might get an art belt or something cheap then save up 100 or 200 $ to Just buy keys buy 100 and open I guarantee you will open at least 5 art belts maybe an art and at least 1 main box prize that's how pw makes money they reward u for spending if you farm ad and buy keys u should you get rewarded over some 1 who spends money the only reason you have low drop rate is because you but keys with free ad or you spent some money getting vip so your not spending enough I'm telling you ask around ur guild's ask who has won I guarantee there spending money on keys vs ppl not spending money will have won very littlr i have friends I know spent 500plus on this game and at least 7 and one of those spent 1000 plus they always win main prize. And only open maybe 20-30 boxes a month vs me I've yet to get a thing out of there worth any real ad
  • Options
    xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    I think way to much thought is put into it. The more boxes you open the better chance you'll get something of value. Random is random but it's a chance. You open 1 box a day don't expect to get something big, but it's not unheard of either. I've know people to pull coastal snail from the daily key.

Again the people you see constantly winning are the ones opening lots of boxes. And being able to open lots of boxes does not mean that person is spending $ into the game. They could be smart and making large amount of ad with some effort in game. There is plenty of ways to make 500k to 1mil quick. You just have to put the effort in.
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    As I mentioned before I cannot fathom how many lockboxes I have opened in my time in the game now, only 1 good thing has come from them which is a Snail Mount (not the top tier one), never seen an Artefact or anything like that etc.

BUT I have got a little lucky over this Winter Event, I pulled 2 Gond Mounts which sold for 400k each, I also received 2 Thrones of Boo which sold for 300k each... a couple of Companions I already had which sold fairly well etc.

Just want a lucky Lockbox one day lol :)
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    rockstargfurockstargfu Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Rofl!!! I know that guy, the punked recorded it! Bought a 10 pack of keys!
    And he sent me it lololol
  • Options
    extremerugburn#9480 extremerugburn Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I would really love to know what the percentage chance to get each of the items is. I have opened 1500 lock boxes and have gotten six purple artifacts (Portal Stone, Earthx2, Water, Fire, Green Dragon), three Brilliant Diamonds, Iron Golem companion, and a Flail Snail. Curious to me is the fact that of all the companion kits I have opened (at least 250) I have never gotten any training tokens. I have spoken to multiple other people who have opened as many as me and only a few have ever gotten the tokens and only once, one person got them twice.
  • Options
    xxxsfalxxxxxxsfalxxx Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    If you open enough skill kits you'll get times where you fail that "75% chance" five or six times in a row. The chances of that six in a row happening aren't big - but they aren't zero either. (Plus of course, the "random" generators might get stuck on a certain start and end up the same place too often for the actual chances of it really happening like with something actually random) Coin flips do end up heads large numbers of time in a row, if you flip them enough. There are people that hit the lottery more than once... but that's not what happens to most people, just somebody that fell into the statistical vortex. Which who that is is also random (and is only potentially possible with those who buy lottery tickets). If you craft a lot, sometimes it will seem there's a much bigger chance than just 60% to get the tier 3 result, and maybe it's not really 60% the way the software works or how it calculates when. Or maybe you have to just do it a billion times to see that true four hundred million failures in total. Certainly, if you don't open 100 LB a day, you aren't going to have much of a chance to get a couple BIG MONSTER TRUCK compared to somebody that does open 100 a day. (Too, it always seems the luck is better using 10 or 20 keys at a time, but that's because 20 in a row feels a lot different than 1 a day.) (And some of the lockboxes are junky!) Also, you have to remember, there are thousand on thousands (or hundreds of thousands and millions) of people playing and lots at any given time are opening these things, so it really doesn't admin spam all that often considering.
  • Options
    wdj40 said:

As I mentioned before I cannot fathom how many lockboxes I have opened in my time in the game now, only 1 good thing has come from them which is a Snail Mount (not the top tier one), never seen an Artefact or anything like that etc.

BUT I have got a little lucky over this Winter Event, I pulled 2 Gond Mounts which sold for 400k each, I also received 2 Thrones of Boo which sold for 300k each... a couple of Companions I already had which sold fairly well etc.

Just want a lucky Lockbox one day lol :)

Aaaaaaaand that lucky lock box came my way yesterday, Symbol of Fire dropped for me with the Daily Key. So I have had 2 really decent items with a free key... all the 100's of keys I have bought with Zen/AD I have not received anything lol :)
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    OHHH man, I got 5 more profession packs yesterday. Glad it was VIP keys.... But seriously RNGesus and I are on the opposite end of the spectrum. I have gotten no better than a GPoT since mod 5 and have opened hundreds of these blasted things. If you want to seriously play this game from your AD reservoir chancing or progression I am moving toward self progression. All I see lockboxes doing is reward the very, very few and push back player progression whom waste all their savings for a minimal reward that is so under priced in the AH its worth more in gold. Although this is just my opinion. I am sure others have been quite fruitful from their lockbox openings. I am ending my VIP purchasing as well, I only did it for the last 3 months for the keys and since I purchased it with AD all I did was slow my progression. But good luck to everyone else. Powerball is at 1.3 billion go play that instead.

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    zman81420 said:

OHHH man, I got 5 more profession packs yesterday. Glad it was VIP keys.... But seriously RNGesus and I are on the opposite end of the spectrum. I have gotten no better than a GPoT since mod 5 and have opened hundreds of these blasted things. If you want to seriously play this game from your AD reservoir chancing or progression I am moving toward self progression. All I see lockboxes doing is reward the very, very few and push back player progression whom waste all their savings for a minimal reward that is so under priced in the AH its worth more in gold. Although this is just my opinion. I am sure others have been quite fruitful from their lockbox openings. I am ending my VIP purchasing as well, I only did it for the last 3 months for the keys and since I purchased it with AD all I did was slow my progression. But good luck to everyone else. Powerball is at 1.3 billion go play that instead.

I don't mean to sound rude, but how on Earth can getting VIP slow your progression? If anything it speeds it up due to the boosts you get for Exp, AD and Refinement stones (usually) from the daily lock box. Not to mention bank from anywhere, invocate from anywhere, travel from anywhere etc... I cannot see how any of that slows progression lol :)
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    wdj40 said:

zman81420 said:

I don't mean to sound rude, but how on Earth can getting VIP slow your progression? If anything it speeds it up due to the boosts you get for Exp, AD and Refinement stones (usually) from the daily lock box. Not to mention bank from anywhere, invocate from anywhere, travel from anywhere etc... I cannot see how any of that slows progression lol :)
    Well wasting over 350k AD on VIP for not one decent drop from a lockbox has yes indeed slow my progression. I have gotten nothing, was that not clear above? Wasting currency for nothing in return is a bad investment on my part. Again above stated my opinion.

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    zman81420 said:

wdj40 said:

zman81420 said:

Well wasting over 350k AD on VIP for not one decent drop from a lockbox has yes indeed slow my progression. I have gotten nothing, was that not clear above? Wasting currency for nothing in return is a bad investment on my part. Again above stated my opinion.
    Yet
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    b2xtreme#0863 b2xtreme Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Never had anything good from a lockbox other than the good old profession items and a few rank 7 and 8 enchants!
  • Options
    wdj40 said:

zman81420 said:

wdj40 said:

zman81420 said:

Yet
    @zman81420 the same as you until a couple of weeks ago when I pulled Snail (not the top end one from a box), now todays daily key pulled me the top tier Axe Beak mount.... was so happy, I actually need it for the AD rather than the mount so I put it on the AH.

So after 100`s and 100`s of boxes, with a daily key and also if any of my 8 characters received a 40% off voucher I used it, I finally get a couple of good drops. I Also bought a stack of 10 keys whenever there is an offer on. I have never used real money to buy a key its all in game earned mind you. But anyhoo after all those boxes something finally dropped... its just the way it is its RNG sometimes you win sometimes you lose.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    RNGesus smites me. I opened 6 Howling Hatred boxes and got 4 Proffession packs, a companions box and a blue union stone couple of boo boo marks last night. I love gambling but there comes a point to where it just aint goona happen for some. I am the same all in game purchases which is why I am salty due to I earned my AD through time and to HAMSTER it away is a bummer.

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    blackninja48blackninja48 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Our guild leader got 3 epic axe beaks, 3 legendary axe beaks, and an air artifact yesterday over the span of about 2 hours. That is ridiculous good luck with the RNG rolls.

Me I wasn't so lucky ....