test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is going on with Lockbox Rewards

I see so may people getting Mounts & artifacts one right after the other. The same people to. I know their is a Zen sale, people buy keys and whatnot, but I just saw the same person get two of the same artifacts within a few seconds of each other. There has to be something going on with these boxes. Too much too often by the same people day after day is crazy. Not a coincidence. Think they will look into this? Possible exploit?

Comments

• Options
    carmykahcarmykah Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Luck of the draw. I personally have opened 100 boxes never saw my name pop. The yesterday opened 10 and got a legendary mount. It's all random
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    Yeah, I could probably name 10 players that I see multiple times on a daily basis that come up on those Admin messages.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    jtangokilojtangokilo Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I understand it is random, but seeing the same person day after day getting mounts and artifacts......that's not random.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I don't know how many boxes I've opened over the last few months. At least 500 I'd guess. I've gotten two symbol of waters (one after the other) a strider, a beetle, a couple blue artifacts; waters and lantern, and horn of blasting. (the waters lantern and horn were from packs in the lockbox not the lockbox straight up)
  • Options
    I have probably opened near 500 boxes over my time of playing... I have received a Snail Mount (not the best one, the one down from that) but that is the only top tier item I have ever received... one day though one day :)
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    I've probably opened a few hundred last couple of days. Lost count. I know I had over three hundred eternal flame boxes and those all got opened, plus over 50 crushing wave. No mounts or artefacts. Got a Oghmas from a pack but just resold nearly everything.

Luckily once all the profession packs, artefact packs, companion fortification packs etc have been sold then Ive just about made my money back. Which then gets exchanged back into Zen to buy more keys to open more boxes. Even without a decent drop I've lost very little.

The main bonus is you end up with loads of Tarmalune Trade Bars. With the changes in the trade bar store in Underdark, these will be very handy.
    Guild - Excalibur
  • Options
    rhadamathysrhadamathys Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    It's most likely a marketing ploy... show people that others are successful and sucker them into buying more. match.com ran into an issue where they were duping people into extending their subscriptions by having staffers send 'fake' interest emails to them...travelocity did a similar stunt with the $25 back if the flight price changes. They gave everyone 25$ back regardless simply to get people to believe they were getting a deal. Anyway, I'm a sucker, I've opened several hundred boxes and based on percentages, haven't seen what others see. My guess is they do show legit names and legit boxes but have a set of names they cycle through to show fake successes to keep the interest going...hoping we don't see the same names over and over...that or they simply don't have proper security and those same names are somehow breaking the game by opening 1000 boxes a day...every day...
    Ney - HR (max item level)
    The Legendary Outlaws

Preferences:
    PvE and PvP - Pathfinder Combat
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Those players that have their name show up day after day have spent a small fortune on keys, and it does eventually pay off. Open enough (thousands) and you can get lucky enough to have your name pop up more than once a day. Not an exploit, but a very large wallet.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    l1yevl1yev Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    Don't forget some names are just copies, theres like a bazillion Legolas's, Drizzt Do'Urden, Satan, and a whole lot of the random game name generated ones like Thia Taletrader, Morroar... Whooole buuunch
  • Options
    destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    How you guys open hundred of boxes each week? Seriously?? I mean you are cap at 36K diamond per day no? And i hope you are not spending thousands of real $ on this... :/ I mean... personally i open 1 every day (VIP) and sometimes spent some zens on keys, either when i have a discount or sometimes i get a key at full price cause i have 150 zen left or something...

But man those keys are expensive... like A LOT.
  • Options
    bagoatbagoat Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    People spend serious money on cigars (up to $100 or more for ONE).
    People spend serious of money on alcohol (some bottles cost hundreds of dollars).
    Money is relative.
    If I lost $100 out of my pocket I would flip my lid and prolly no be able to pay my cell phone that month.
    Some people can afford to wipe their bum with hundred dollar bills.
    Meh.
  • Options

It's most likely a marketing ploy... show people that others are successful and sucker them into buying more. match.com ran into an issue where they were duping people into extending their subscriptions by having staffers send 'fake' interest emails to them...travelocity did a similar stunt with the $25 back if the flight price changes. They gave everyone 25$ back regardless simply to get people to believe they were getting a deal. Anyway, I'm a sucker, I've opened several hundred boxes and based on percentages, haven't seen what others see. My guess is they do show legit names and legit boxes but have a set of names they cycle through to show fake successes to keep the interest going...hoping we don't see the same names over and over...that or they simply don't have proper security and those same names are somehow breaking the game by opening 1000 boxes a day...every day...

• Options
    I am leaning more towards this. I had a pretty good discussion with some friends and most of them agree that the probability of someone getting two artifacts back to back is slim to none. It's not out the realm of possibility, I agree with that. I was jsut concerned about the frequency of these names. I am beginning to think most are admin created names to get people pumped to buy keys. I am a victim as well. I see people get them, I wan't one as well. I just don't have the luck of Admin Chat. That's all I have to say about that. Great Discussion
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Only poor people buy lottery tickets...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    justnk8sejustnk8se Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    it is all about RNG, I Don't think the Admin text is fake though or any type of ploy to get you to buy more keys. Although I think during key sales either the drop rates change or the frequency at which boxes are being opened make it appear as if more items are dropping from lockboxes.

Personally I opened ~675 unearthed lockboxes over this last week and made close to x3 what it cost me to buy the boxes and the keys to open the boxes. My take from 2 days opening unearthed lockboxes was: 4 beetles, 2 emp beetles and 4 thayan books. 4 beetles , 1 emp beetle and 2 thayan books dropped in about 550 boxes. I got 2 more thayan books in 100 boxes and the last emp beetle I got yesterday after opening 10 boxes. There were even some groups of 10 lockboxes that I opened that ended up giving me 7 idols out of 10 boxes (which pays for the keys and boxes just off the idols for that group of 10).

to be honest opening boxes is one of many key ways to make diamonds in game but it is most times profitable (~10% ROI). I went into this event week with close to 15 million AD; right now I am up about 4.5 million more and have easily another 10 million worth of items (reasonably priced) in the AH to sell...granted not all of that was made from boxes this event but a combination of boxes and reselling items.
  • Options
    yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

Only poor people buy lottery tickets...

Poor people can't afford lottery tickets. :p

Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
  • Options
    snoborder101snoborder101 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    i haven't gotten anything other than companion fortification kits, professions packs, and enchantment boxes in over 1000 lockboxes. Yes, I'm serious.
    Ankou - CW
    Xerxes - GWF
    Eazy - DC
    Tyrian - TR
  • Options
    snoborder101snoborder101 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    I can't forget the elemental troves with the worthless transmutes. I'm pretty sure they nerfed drop rates with the daily keys.
    Ankou - CW
    Xerxes - GWF
    Eazy - DC
    Tyrian - TR
  • Options
    destrowod said:

How you guys open hundred of boxes each week? Seriously?? I mean you are cap at 36K diamond per day no? And i hope you are not spending thousands of real $ on this... :/ I mean... personally i open 1 every day (VIP) and sometimes spent some zens on keys, either when i have a discount or sometimes i get a key at full price cause i have 150 zen left or something...

But man those keys are expensive... like A LOT.

I completely disagree, I`m hoping those people are spending that much if they can afford it, it means the game remains free (or in my case a couple of small donations I like to call it to the Dev's). Not only that it means more content can come out which also remains free if you put the time and effort into it.

I`m happy there are people buying lots of keys and are enjoying it, I would probably buy bunches if I had some spare cash lying around :)
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    Also I`d like to add a friend of mine posted a clip on his profile of a couple of mins of him opening boxes. He saved it as around 15 boxes in a row (not even the same type) dropped something utterly amazing, so I can vouch that some people do just have all the luck sometimes when it comes to ye olde RNG.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe