test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

guardian fighter pvp has extremely strong encounters.

Comments

• Options
    oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    @schietindebux I have hard time believing that. Still it can not count as one shot. Let us be honest here as much as possible. If we exagerate everything we just deminish the validity of our discussion, no matter how good a point we make.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    oliboyph said:

@schietindebux I have hard time believing that. Still it can not count as one shot. Let us be honest here as much as possible. If we exagerate everything we just deminish the validity of our discussion, no matter how good a point we make.

I read enough threads and faced these GFs many times, there is no prove needed any more.
    The ones who play in the " twighlightzone" may not believe, I play Central European Time and can assure --> it is exactly that way. you can queue for 1 hour and get your prove yourself in no time, but you have to take actively part in DOM-PVP , until than just stay out and "don´t believe" :smile:
  • Options

oliboyph said:

I read enough threads and faced these GFs many times, there is no prove needed any more.
    The ones who play in the " twighlightzone" may not believe, I play Central European Time and can assure --> it is exactly that way. you can queue for 1 hour and get your prove yourself in no time, but you have to take actively part in DOM-PVP , until than just stay out and "don´t believe" :smile:
    So it's a timezone thing now? We're just pulling everything from everywhere now, aren't we. I didn't even say you were wrong or lying (why so defensive all of a sudden?), i just said I had a hard time believing it and you yourself even admitted it wasn't exactly "one shot". I'm just saying devs know the numbers in the game and all it take is one exaggeration for them to take this entire notion to be complete bull. If you want to keep these type of threads healthy, constructive, and leading to results we all have to stay factual and not just make excuse after excuse to justify our opinions. Also, it's these insta-"you don't belong in these discussion because.." responses that make these forums so toxic.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • Options
    revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    NOONE is 1-shooting anyone with equal gear. 1-rotate yes, 1-shot njet. (maybe TRs with first strike, but doubt it)
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    Its time to Remove "Prone" from GF too,
    seriously that high Burst + Prone is just absurd OverP.-combo,

You removed all Prone encounters from gwf without thinking about,
    Now do the same to gf if you want to keep gfs high burst otherwise reduce the outgoing dmg from encounters.

<::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    kropek1991kropek1991 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User

NOONE is 1-shooting anyone with equal gear. 1-rotate yes, 1-shot njet. (maybe TRs with first strike, but doubt it)

i think it is very possible on high Il premade.
    Example? Buff from DC + buff from CW in the middle of a fight- focus proper target and i think 1 shot is even more than possible. If you add to this for example knight challenge from GF or full stacked GWF IBS i think it is even more than enough to 1 shot BiS classes.
  • Options

Example? Buff from DC + buff from CW in the middle of a fight- focus proper target and i think 1 shot is even more than possible. If you add to this for example knight challenge from GF or full stacked GWF IBS i think it is even more than enough to 1 shot BiS classes.
    And how is a GWF gonna get full stacked if not attacking first? Then its not a 1-shot. TRs can do i i know with 2x ITF and DC buff. But in 1on1 its never gonna happen that what i am saying, and from what i undertand that is what ppl complain about.
    like " GF showes up, boom dead 1 shotted" <---- Never happens
  • Options

And how is a GWF gonna get full stacked if not attacking first? Then its not a 1-shot. TRs can do i i know with 2x ITF and DC buff. But in 1on1 its never gonna happen that what i am saying, and from what i undertand that is what ppl complain about.
    like " GF showes up, boom dead 1 shotted" <---- Never happens</p>
    You must have missed the video minimi posted this morning. It got deleted. GF is the new TR.
    MINIME is a troll scrub tbh, and i bet it was against lowgeard pugs without tenacity. While he use amush rings, WoE + KC and AoD or BC. Its not a 1- shot still. And its not vs equal geard players.

• Options
    macjae said:

xgrandz02 said:

Its time to Remove "Prone" from GF too,
    seriously that high Burst + Prone is just absurd OverP.-combo,

You removed all Prone encounters from gwf without thinking about,
    Now do the same to gf if you want to keep gfs high burst otherwise reduce the outgoing dmg from encounters.

There were good reasons for removing the prones from GWFs -- and conversely, there are good reasons why GFs should retain their prone. The problem with GFs is the excessive damage, not the cc.

It seems that the players that complain about the GF prone are mostly GWFs, because of how that prevents them from hulking out, I guess. However, without the excessive damage, that wouldn't be broken at all.
    This this and THIS! Its mainly GWF that lashing out, but if the GWF is not sleeping and manage to Sprint, its gonna be way harder for the GF to kill the GWF. Cus he gets negations stacks up + rest of the stacks from destroy. And at this moment if the GF slips up its over and GG for the GF.
  • Options
    ITF, tone it just a bit down let it deal a fix damageboost, not like 50%, that would be nearly sufficient I guess
    I got oneshoted by a TR (premade), 120k+, my teammates same way, he was not maxed 3,6kGS
    TR+DC with (probably AP bug?) + GF-ITF + +, noone can deny that it´s redicules
    right, its also the setup that does these redicules things ITF+CW/DC-buff = onehot
    but in case I see your friend Prim just inhaling a maxed TR in <1 second 5 feet away, I do have my doubts it is very benefitial for the overall performance of PVP
    otherwsie go on negating things, I really do not care
  • Options

ITF, tone it just a bit down let it deal a fix damageboost, not like 50%, that would be nearly sufficient I guess
    I got oneshoted by a TR (premade), 120k+, my teammates same way, he was not maxed 3,6kGS
    right, its also the setup that does these redicules things ITF+CW/DC-buff = onehot
    but in case I see your friend Prim just inhaling a maxed TR in <1 second 5 feet away, I do have my doubts it is very benefitial for the overall performance of PVP
    otherwsie go on negating things, I really do not care</p>

Prim uses KC and if u cant dodge or hide from that as a TR its realy his fault.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

so KV 50% + wheel+ ITF (50%?) = ..130% +damage?
    so a 100k AoD deals 230k, right?
    and below 40% -->460k
    pretty stupid to give a class selfbuffs like that, one based on DR? lol
    I am not sure what a "supporter class" like mine should think about this :wink:
    some classes can´t dodge and AOD is 10 time faster animation than any of my casts.... broken
  • Options

and below 40% -->460k
    some classes can´t dodge and AOD is 10 time faster animation than any of my casts.... broken
    I am not saying that the GFs dmg is not slightly to high. All i am saying its NEVER a 1-shot.
    Just want to take that myth away, cus ppl make all kind of stuff up.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

From the video I watched, I am sure that with a maxed out GF fully potted up, you can one shot anyone with Bull Charge.

at least that one has got a red carpet you can avoid , i guess the aoe was made for supporter classes to not step on it
  • Options

KV does not buff up ITF. Only native or default DR is calculated into ITF. KV, Feats, Negation, BC, LS, or any other skill/buff/item that adds DR instead of defense will not increase ITF buff.

You must have missed the video minimi posted this morning. It got deleted. GF is the new TR.

You can see mini's target was really debuffed. You if you read chat he was setting it up with the opposing TR to get that BC one shot. Under normal circumstances it would not have happened.
  • Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User

and below 40% -->460k

^^^^
    mate just some numbers for you cause you posted about 10-12 times in the Gf nerf threads but you seem to know nil about Gf.

Base damage of Anvil of a 16k power Gf (a mediocre rated-average one) is 22k .With Conq full stacks and a legendary twisted set(which PVP Gfs don't use), it goes to 28-29k.
    This just for the record.it is not 100k.

Secondly it is not KV.kV stands for Knights Valor it is a pve group utility power ,the only relative one in the current meta.With out KV you can basically erase GFs cause is the only thing we do.
    You meant KC which is Knight's Challenge.This power doubles your damage against selected opponent but also doubles the damage you take.For example if a GF KC your Sw and you are in range you will melt him.
    It is an extremely unforgiving utility power ,long forgotten and are used by the extremes:Complete nooobs or very experienced GFs that can play with its shortcomings.

ITF is based on your Dr.At fourth rate it gives you 100% of your Dr.The majority of Gfs run around 32-43% DR.But if a Gf has 43% that means less offensive slots,less power. he will hit softer than the rest ones.

You mentioned Wheel like it is one artifact only usable by Gfs.And you named it "selfbuff".But i guess it fits your antiGf agenda.

So basically you got it all wrong man.

But hey you are the same person which did not know that the primary class feature of Gf is Mark.

----------------------------------------------

As about your class ,nothing personal and i will not generalize ,just some facts and thoughts of mine ,but a lot others share aswell.

SW is doing fine in pve.A well played SW outdamage CWs higher IL than his.
    Sw is difficult to master though.
    SW has bugged/glitched powers which are activated by feats/encounters and can lead to a TT melting Traven in 17 secs.
    Majority of SW players are former CWs that try to imitate the CW play style in another class:It does not work.

In general SW does not need buff but rebalance.

• Options
    edited January 2016

and below 40% -->460k

^^^^
    mate just some numbers for you cause you posted about 10-12 times in the Gf nerf threads but you seem to know nil about Gf.

Base damage of Anvil of a 16k power Gf (a mediocre rated-average one) is 22k .With Conq full stacks and a legendary twisted set(which PVP Gfs don't use), it goes to 28-29k.
    This just for the record.it is not 100k.

Secondly it is not KV.kV stands for Knights Valor it is a pve group utility power ,the only relative one in the current meta.With out KV you can basically erase GFs cause is the only thing we do.
    You meant KC which is Knight's Challenge.This power doubles your damage against selected opponent but also doubles the damage you take.For example if a GF KC your Sw and you are in range you will melt him.
    It is an extremely unforgiving utility power ,long forgotten and are used by the extremes:Complete nooobs or very experienced GFs that can play with its shortcomings.

ITF is based on your Dr.At fourth rate it gives you 100% of your Dr.The majority of Gfs run around 32-43% DR.But if a Gf has 43% that means less offensive slots,less power. he will hit softer than the rest ones.

You mentioned Wheel like it is one artifact only usable by Gfs.And you named it "selfbuff".But i guess it fits your antiGf agenda.

So basically you got it all wrong man.

But hey you are the same person which did not know that the primary class feature of Gf is Mark.

----------------------------------------------

As about your class ,nothing personal and i will not generalize ,just some facts and thoughts of mine ,but a lot others share aswell.

SW is doing fine in pve.A well played SW outdamage CWs higher IL than his.
    Sw is difficult to master though.
    SW has bugged/glitched powers which are activated by feats/encounters and can lead to a TT melting Traven in 17 secs.
    Majority of SW players are former CWs that try to imitate the CW play style in another class:It does not work.

In general SW does not need buff but rebalance.

normal setup is: ITF+BC+AoD
    but what is so challenging 1 vs 1 to cast ITF, cast KC and turtle until the moment you unleash your big hit?
    GF blocks damage, so your deal 400 instad of 200 with you dot---ouch---melting, lol
    ITF buffs run speed, AP gain, and 100% Damage related to your DR--ever heared of stronghold boons?
    The GF I talk of got 22k power, 10k DR (thats how much DR 50%?) and snip classes in one second
    What is your post focussed on? Just the next "I like my broken toy, please do not take it away" ?
    premititated damage from AoD far over 400k (200k > 40%HP) are reported from known PVP player-zeusom
    "do all these ppl lie?"
    I mentioned all that stuff that makes these encounter silly and it is : wheel+ITF+/- KC
    Some of you guys seems to be so selfcentered, I never experienced anything in my life than I do in this forum.
    We discuss the obviuos to get things better, right?

SW-fury is on par with most CW´s damage wise in PVE, depends on the dungeon and the mobs involved, you just -->have to know <-- how to build and play your CW I fear, so don´t give up :)
    except broken puppet is involved on a low level warlock --> broken
    CW´s do great in controlling the mobs on top, a thing warlocks can´t even think of
    I never saw someone melting Traven in 17 seconds, you did? -link/vid please
    And you name it --> a "glitch"<-- some other classes involved and a broken mechanic, so you want to discuss a glitch and take this as argument for an overperforming class?
    Go into warlock section, show us a video from a two hitting warlock - there are things arround KF+morderous flame, but noone seems to know exact how its working, 11 mio spike damage vs dragons from morderous flame-->broken
    Do we talk about warlock buffs, no, warlock has go enough damage in general, GWF too much damage and GF too much burst,
    All that´s needed for warlocks is some adjustments in mitigation, a rework will never come and tbh there are other things to fix like paladin at the very, very, very, very first place to make this game a bit morechallenging again.
    So in case there will be adjustments coming I predict:
    1. GWF will get a tone down
    2. ITF will get a tonedown , I hope so
    3. Hunter will never get fixed....
    4. OP hopefully get´s a CD on AP gain to stop perma bubble and other dailies chaining, hopefully aura gets fixed to stop this perma lagging SH PVP
    5. CW will get a buff and be the next fotm, due to the bigger loby and the better "Crying-potential"
    6. warlocks will get small fixes
    7. the matchmaking will go on sacking , and that´s the biggets problem by far
    8. ah nearly forgot... TR will stay a generally "hated" class

just get back on your seat and keep your breath :) because basically you have no clue, as your post have prven many times
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • Options
    edited January 2016

"but what is so challenging 1 vs 1 to cast ITF, cast KC and turtle until the moment you unleash your big hit?"

And what the enemy ranged toon will do?watch videos?Don't you have range?Don't you have attacks?Gosh...

"GF blocks damage, so your deal 400 instad of 200 with you dot---ouch---melting, lol"

A SW should never speak about melting DoTs,you don't want the devs to look onto it,believe me.

"ITF buffs run speed, AP gain, and 100% Damage related to your DR--ever heared of stronghold boons?'"

nah,never heared it.Thank god ,you are around and informed me.

"The GF I talk of got 22k power, 10k DR (thats how much DR 50%?) and snip classes in one second"

that Gf would be around 4,2 IL.people that complain are mostly SWs at 3k IL and some warlocks use pve gear in pvp.

"premititated damage from AoD far over 400k (200k > 40%HP) are reported from known PVP player-zeusom
    "do all these ppl lie?"

He never posted a video.Throwed a claim and some numbers.Where is the video?Does any high IL player holds the Absolute truth?Should we all bow to his undisputed,unsupported claims?Cause he has high IL he must tell the truth eh?
    Grow over son.

"Some of you guys seems to be so selfcentered, I never experienced anything in my life than I do in this forum."

Look in the mirror.

"We discuss the obviuos to get things better, right?"

We discuss false data,mispresented facts,truth distortion in our spare time.And judging by the number of your posts in the GF nerf threads you seem to have a lot.

"because basically you have no clue, as your post have prven many times "

I don't know man...let the others decide and not your supreme Ego.At least I wasn't the one that didn't know the class primary feature,in which you endorse a nerf and wrote 20 posts in 2 weeks.I was not the one that got wrong KV with KC.
    i was not the one the thought Mark is bugged cause it ignores DR....I think was something else.look in the mirror.

Adios. :)
  • Options

Adios. :)

that´s the first productive post in all that time from your side, hope you hold word
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    "Really? Then why did you leave the damage bonus from marking targets out of your previous calculation? Maybe since you're a PvE player, you might not realize that it's not just for aggro management but also gives a sizable damage boost. "

I wrote BASE damage.With out adding extra feats.otherwise for any power ,any encounter of any class ,you can potentially never come to a conclusion to what its damage is.Common MacJae.Some don't use CS.Some use CS /SWW.Some SWW/ST.Some ST/SD.It depends on the playstyle buid and gear and tactical situation.

"And besides the damage bonus from mark (which can potentially apply multiple times), you're also leaving out damage bonuses from slotting utility powers like Combat Superiority, Trample the Fallen or Shield Warrior's Wrath. Top it off with ITF, and it's easy to more than double the number you're posting there, without making any huge effort"

As for damage bonus next time someone discusses CW powers i will correct him and say to him he should mention it if it is on TAB.fair eh?Actually no ,i will not doing since it is silly.

Mark can apply multiple times? :);):) You think?Tell the geniuses that told you that ,that only TR with TaB Mark stack.IVs are a minority in pvp you have interest about.For Swordmasters ET and TAB Mark post two mark icons on target ,but only only the TAb Mark applies.Only the 20% not the 8%.Check your alt GF in a dummy.

if we are to top an encounter with ITF ,then it should be mentioned that the damage outcome is the result of two encounters.Is this not fair?Do you guys that complain about anvil ever mention it?NO.

• Options
    macjae said:

And besides the damage bonus from mark (which can potentially apply multiple times),

Multiple mark doesn't stack anymore based on latest test, at least on dummy it doesn't work anymore. Without enhanced mark shield power, mark improves damage by 5-8% depending on the amount of defense target has. These are based on latest tests being done by GF's.
  • Options
    Guys this discussion is really getting even more toxic than ever. I just would like to ask people who think that a certain class in broken maybe it would be a good idea to at least try playing that class. It's so hard to sympathize with people who claim that doing this is easy or doing that is over powered when it's very clear that they haven't even touched the class. I would like to point out our OP friend who's top players themselves are the ones asking for their class to be nerfed.

I will admit that sometimes I feel a little frustrated when I see that DPS GF's can still do to some degree what tacticians do without having to bear with the sacrifice of soloing or playing PVP without sufficient dps. That's why I suggested what I suggested earlier about restructuring GF tree and lowering base ITF only to be improved by tactician feats. But I'm also concerned as to the fate of the conquerors in PVP if they can no longer one rotate people they catch off guard, what will a conqueror be good for if you can just ignore him?
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    @macjae I love how u totaly avoided answering @hypervoreian and @oliboyph after they proved u being wrong all along about mark. It just proved ur intentions.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

This discussion has been closed.