test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

x2 Astral Diamonds Gone

viperwitch23viperwitch23 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
Was x2 AD announced on 27th December 2015 on this page after December 17th mainterance
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9705723
Now it is not here - what happened? Why is it got canceled?

Comments

• Options

Evidently it was a typo. We get enough AD already, I guess.

A Typo? Someone spilled coffee on keyboard?
    I shell wait to see what Admin says.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Making a "mistake" that makes us think we're going to get a few days of 2xAD is definitely worth getting put on the naughty list, and I am displeased that there's been no acknowledgment, but apparently Andy's sick so we should probably cut him some slack. Still, I don't think 4 days of 2xAD right at Christmas would have been a bad thing, I'm really disappointed by the removal, and we were told part of the compensation for removing AD from Leadership would be occasional 2xAD events, which... I'm not seeing happening.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    The Xbox list still has double AD so it was likely a mistake and probably was never intended for PC which is why they took it down so fast
  • Options
    romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    Because bots most likely don't refine, players do.
  • Options
    benistvanbenistvan Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Its a pity!
    Double AD is one of the best event.

It is a shame that now you can only do noticable income from the very boring DR farm.
    Double AD is the only time when I can finally go do actual instances in the game with my friends and guildies.
    It resembles to the old days of CN/GG/T2/PK farms.

I would be happy and I think the game would be much better if they do this in every one or two months not 2-3/year...
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    tousseau said:

I know... off topic...

But, if it was their goal to get the AD market under control, with inflation and all...

Why in blue blazes did they increase the refinement ammount?

Because one of the primary issues (that people griped about, anyway) with removing such major AD sources is that players were basically priced out of fixed costs: cubes of augmentation, greater marks of potency, companion upgrades, etc. all have their costs dictated by Cryptic, rather than player market forces. Things governed by the player market will adjust to the available of AD, so as long as there isn't a disastrous amount coming in or out, those will be fine. But their fix to a disastrous amount coming in was in danger of making a disastrous amount go out. Upping the refinement cap alleviated some of the burden of fixed costs. As for why they didn't just reduce the fixed costs more, perhaps they figured the players would feel more satisfaction from getting more AD per day than they would from an equivalent increase in buying power.
    benistvan said:

the very boring DR farm.

DR = Dread Ring? How do you farm that for income? Most of it's bound-to-character.
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    I think it was obvious it was intended for the XBox and not PC...I think for the PC they are still looking at the changes made with Underdark(which obviously xbox doesnt have)...they upped the daily refinement cap because they increased the RAD from skirms/dung and for those who already were hitting the cap it would obviously make it easier to hit the cap but they wouldn't benefit from the 50% increase. And with the rings you can make quite a bit each day. Although with ALTs the RAD from the rings won't affect your cap. The changes they have made really won't help botters and RAD sellers a whole lot because you still have to actually play the game and spend time to get the AD which is the whole point of what they are doing.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    Yea, they definitely need a better proof-reading checklist prior to posting things... *sigh*

That being said:
    benistvan said:

Its a pity!
    Double AD is the only time when I can finally go do actual instances in the game with my friends and guildies.

The ONLY time? Jeez man, you need more consistent friends... lol

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    DR = Dread Ring? How do you farm that for income? Most of it's bound-to-character.
    Either that or he meant Dragon Runs in WoD, but with the decrease in RP prices that's not really all that reliable.
    Demonic HEs are a better source of AD even.
    empalas said:

I think it was obvious it was intended for the XBox and not PC...I think for the PC they are still looking at the changes made with Underdark(which obviously xbox doesnt have)...they upped the daily refinement cap because they increased the RAD from skirms/dung and for those who already were hitting the cap it would obviously make it easier to hit the cap but they wouldn't benefit from the 50% increase. And with the rings you can make quite a bit each day. Although with ALTs the RAD from the rings won't affect your cap. The changes they have made really won't help botters and RAD sellers a whole lot because you still have to actually play the game and spend time to get the AD which is the whole point of what they are doing.

Eh. I think the problem with eliminating 2x AD events is that it pretty much makes it seem like Cryptic was only doing them as attempts to fiddle with the economy. Ideally they should be running these events to reward players that play their game.

Seeing xbox get a 2x AD event when we haven't gotten one in ages makes it feel like we're getting punished for the actions of botters.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    yetweallfalldownyetweallfalldown Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    Hi everyone,

Quick update here. Our team was made some adjustments to the event leading into it going live this past week. Unfortunately, we communicated the event before it was fully set in stone. I believe the double AD is still being switched with something else, but I need to confirm that with our team. Once we have final details, I'll make sure we update the blog and this forum post.

Sorry about the miscommunication. Hope you all are still enjoying the winter event!

Alex
    Communications Manager - Perfect World Entertainment
  • Options
    tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

Hi everyone,

Quick update here. Our team was made some adjustments to the event leading into it going live this past week. Unfortunately, we communicated the event before it was fully set in stone. I believe the double AD is still being switched with something else, but I need to confirm that with our team. Once we have final details, I'll make sure we update the blog and this forum post.

Sorry about the miscommunication. Hope you all are still enjoying the winter event!

Alex

Come on just make double AD real like it was announced.
    Please stop with the "Check our blog for last announcement" followed by "Surprise We still do the event !" like you did with the Black friday -50%.....
  • Options
    YES PLEASE You promised us x2 AD for leadership nuke.
  • Options
    I agree. We haven't had 2xAD in a long time, and events are supposedly one of the ways of compensating for removing AD from Leadership. Just do it, and feel the holiday spirit flow through you.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    The reason why we aren't doing double AD is because we are still investigating AD as a whole. Our team wants to make sure we fix the foundation of the system before we start adding other variables to it. We know players are interested in generating AD and we want to make it so you can. There will be x2 AD opportunities future.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    mumble, mumble...
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    2x zero is still zero. Id like to see them add some sources of solo AD, lair dailies, foundry dailies, something players can do, daily, that does not involve dungeons, skirmishes, or PVP.

Until then, id rather not see them waste a 2x event.
  • Options

we are still investigating AD as a whole

I don't think I'm alone in saying... it's been over a month since the last update. And scrolling back through the news, we've been updated approximately monthly on your findings and adjustments since they started in August. So... what's next? Even a firm NO with regard to the possibility of certain pricing changes would help us decide what and when to spend. More than anything, being left twisting in the wind causes bad feelings. We're due for another update, please.

We keep asking about astronomical Stronghold and transmutation costs. There are boons and equipment upgrades (reinforcements, augmentation cubes) that many of us are avoiding paying for until we hear something one way or the other about them being adjusted. Mount upgrades are still overpriced even after being reduced a couple of times, and you can't even make any mount you actually like the look of legendary, so why exactly should we bother with any of them or even with Zen mounts beyond a single budget account-unlock anymore?

You guys are making positive changes, but a lot of the things that aren't being changed or even acknowledged as an issue beyond the generic "we're evaluating" spiel are very frustrating. Multiple months is a long time to live with hating the look of your character or not taking a boon you have all the stuff for but don't want to pay the AD in case it turns out that a week later the AD cost will be removed.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

I don't think I'm alone in saying... it's been over a month since the last update. And scrolling back through the news, we've been updated approximately monthly on your findings and adjustments since they started in August. So... what's next? Even a firm NO with regard to the possibility of certain pricing changes would help us decide what and when to spend. More than anything, being left twisting in the wind causes bad feelings. We're due for another update, please.

We keep asking about astronomical Stronghold and transmutation costs. There are boons and equipment upgrades (reinforcements, augmentation cubes) that many of us are avoiding paying for until we hear something one way or the other about them being adjusted. Mount upgrades are still overpriced even after being reduced a couple of times, and you can't even make any mount you actually like the look of legendary, so why exactly should we bother with any of them or even with Zen mounts beyond a single budget account-unlock anymore?

You guys are making positive changes, but a lot of the things that aren't being changed or even acknowledged as an issue beyond the generic "we're evaluating" spiel are very frustrating. Multiple months is a long time to live with hating the look of your character or not taking a boon you have all the stuff for but don't want to pay the AD in case it turns out that a week later the AD cost will be removed.
    Do people seriously give that much of a damn about AD costs on boons? I don't get it. It's an entirely reasonable price for a permanent, slotless benefit.
  • Options
    zibadawa said:

Do people seriously give that much of a damn about AD costs on boons? I don't get it. It's an entirely reasonable price for a permanent, slotless benefit.

I agree, but I am the kind of person that won't spend $20 on something if I think I might be able to find it for $5 (or make something, or scavenge it, or...etc.), unless it's something I really need immediately. If I can live without it, I'll wait.

It's not so much that I object to the cost itself, but I want to actually KNOW if those costs are staying. If they're on the table as something that might get removed, I can wait. But I'd appreciate being told if I'm waiting for something that won't happen.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options

I know this isn't the answer that people want, but we evaluate everything as a whole. You brought up things like Stronghold and transmutation costs, which are definitely popping up in conversations that we have internally. Once we have details on what will change, we will absolutely let everyone know. In-game economies are interesting in that they require time in order to see how players react to changes that we make. We are still discussing all this on a daily basis as a team even if we don't give an official comment at times.

Appreciate the continued feedback from everyone!
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

I know this isn't the answer that people want, but we evaluate everything as a whole. You brought up things like Stronghold and transmutation costs, which are definitely popping up in conversations that we have internally. Once we have details on what will change, we will absolutely let everyone know. In-game economies are interesting in that they require time in order to see how players react to changes that we make. We are still discussing all this on a daily basis as a team even if we don't give an official comment at times.

Ugh, how much longer.. My characters are tired of looking ugly and forking over a fortune just in the name of appearance.

• Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User

. . . . We are still discussing all this on a daily basis as a team even if we don't give an official comment at times.

Continued discussion is only inaction and that is not acceptable to a great many people. Being quick to take and extremely slow to deliver will not engender yourselves to the playerbase. Less talk please.

Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    So x2 AD is definitely not happening? You wiped out Leadership but has this stopped the botters?
    NO
    I am doing Elol and botter's friend request cover my screen 8 times. Same botter - i decline and he keeps sending.
    Looking For Group channel full of them
    Zone on every map
    Say
    They even send out e-mails now
    X2 AD won't make botters and cheaters rich - they don't do the stuff normal honest players do
    So please have another think