test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Demon Sled

valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User

I bet EVIL Knievel has one of these.

It's a fun ride. Jump to make flames shoot out the back while ride. During the Ice race, it doesn't appear to be 140% speed, more like less than 110% as most mounts were going faster than me. On the plus side, it can make the jump across the frozen lake if ya catch the updraft. >:)

Comments

• zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    I'm not sure how the race works in general. There are times when I can have the maximum speed boosts and I will be moving like molasses in January. I have to dismount to get the speed boosts working properly, and then remount. I think at the maximum 4 stacks of speed boost you hit a global movement speed cap. So if you're at three and they're at four, they'll pretty much always be faster than you. These two combined are probably why you don't feel any faster than anyone (and why I can often out-run legendary mounts on my generic white mount).
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    I can't even get the quest for the sled or talk to the new NPC....
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    The Demon Sled is not a quest. Ya just need to gather 200 Blacklead thingies to buy it. Best to farm Demons on Ice and Sickly Marimo's from fishing. You can have your own sled in a couple of hours. o:)
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    valwryn said:

The Demon Sled is not a quest. Ya just need to gather 200 Blacklead thingies to buy it. Best to farm Demons on Ice and Sickly Marimo's from fishing. You can have your own sled in a couple of hours. o:)

I got to about 40 lead before I was struck with stultifying boredom.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    Anyone can jump across the ice lake. It's an Easter egg from the first Winter Festival (hint: the two torches at the far end).

There's also a frozen demon sled you can get from pouches (I got one! :smile: )
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    valwryn said:

You don't understand. I can't even interact with the guy....
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

The mayor gives it to you as a quest once you do all the things he initially asked you to do.
    hustin1 said:

Anyone can jump across the ice lake. It's an Easter egg from the first Winter Festival (hint: the two torches at the far end).

Sorry to be dense, but what do you mean "pouches"? Also, you said it was a "frozen" demon sled. Is that different from the one you buy with blacklead?
    edited December 2015

hustin1 said:

Sorry to be dense, but what do you mean "pouches"? Also, you said it was a "frozen" demon sled. Is that different from the one you buy with blacklead?
    Sorry..there are too many bags in this game! I got it from opening Starlight Parcels. It's a blue 80% mount, and has blue fire instead of red. I'll post pics.

screenshot 2015 12 18 01 45 05screenshot 2015 12 18 01 45 10screenshot 2015 12 18 01 45 31screenshot 2015 12 18 01 45 26
    edited December 2015
    hustin1 said:

hustin1 said:

Sorry..there are too many bags in this game! I got it from opening Starlight Parcels. It's a blue 80% mount, and has blue fire instead of red. I'll post pics.

screenshot 2015 12 18 01 45 05screenshot 2015 12 18 01 45 10screenshot 2015 12 18 01 45 31screenshot 2015 12 18 01 45 26
    Thats cool! I just bought one with blacklead and it is only green. Though they are both legendary within the confines of the Winter Festival. I took mine to PE and it doesn't flame there.

Edit: I was mistaken, the green demon sled does flame outside of the festival. It is on again/off again. I found that you can force it to start flaming by bouncing the mount.

If I don't get the blue one before the festival is over, I will probably upgrade this jalopy, despite the insane cost of mount upgrades.klead and it is only green.
    Post edited by santralafax on
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

ghoulz66 said:

The mayor gives it to you as a quest once you do all the things he initially asked you to do.
    More specifically, you have to have done the celebration (complete all festival activities) at least once. One of my oldest alts had apparently never done that in the past two years.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    Saw the Frozen Demon sled on the Collection page. Hopefully they add it to any merchant on the last week, just in case I never get one.

To make the Demon sled fire, ya just hit the Spacebar to ignite the Nuclear Turbines. ;)
    What are the odds of getting a frozen one? I really want one of em but it's gated behind RNG only...? Can't even sell em on AH.
    I can't speak for the green mount as I only have 113 blacklead so far, but for the blue version, you can force the flame on by double-tapping any movement key. You can also tap a movement key while stopped to force the undercarriage light to illuminate.
  • So from who do I buy the sled from?
    kalindra said:

zibadawa said:

That leaves you with the fishing competition, where you rely on the so-called RNG.

On fishing, RNG improved by levelling up Simril profession and upgrading your fishing pole to purple. Fishing times improve by 20%.