test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Feedback] PVP - Self healing is too much, ruins the fun PVP used to be...

2»

Comments

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

I agree. There is way to much healing going on. But some classes also have way to much damage than they should. Like GF/GWF/OP. Combined with the healing, these classes are overpowered.

Also Rings needs to go (cowardice and ambush) also I dont see a problem if the SH overloads are removed too (Stamina/AP drains).

I'm not sure that OP belongs on the damage list. As far as I know, they do little damage but are all but impossible to clear from nodes due to self-heal, temp HP and bubble. And that's speaking as a GWF/former GF. I can't believe I'm defending Paladins of all things.

I've many times run round and round with them, sometimes getting a fatal blow, most times not. Unless they have a friend show up, they don't do much.
    ayroux said:

I agree. There is way to much healing going on. But some classes also have way to much damage than they should. Like GF/GWF/OP.

I agree as well. Damage will need to be revisited. I would RATHER have PVP be a nuke fest for a few weeks and then adjust down the damage from there rather than keep it where its at now where its a stalemate fest because noone can kill anyone else.

I'm not sure what game you are playing. There were many, many deaths in the 3 games I played today. They were all in Domination. I checked the scoreboard at the end of the last one--one guy had 28 kills racked up. Everyone had at least a couple.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Eh, *uncaring* about premade PVP. It doesn't seem like anyone should play anymore without a few mill. ad in gear, which is a shame. Not my personal issue, though.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    clonkyo1 said:

Lifesteal + Endless, as they are right now, can be a problem for/to a lot of classes, yes. But i think worse things are Perma Feytouched, Lostmauth set, some interactions which can grant 100% AP in less than 10 secs each 30 secs, etc, (Will not enter on "classes 'strongest' [notice quotes] mechanics" discussion) .

Well Perma Feytouch isnt a big issue IMO, they need to make the other versions of the enchant perma as well. Bronzewood too should last 20 seconds. LOL set is OP and I have posted on this but the "official" response from Andy (Strum) that I got was they were too scared to nerf it since players invested millions and they didnt want the backlash from community. AP bug needs to be changed too but all of this would be less of an issue if some of the self healing was fixed and not SO strong. Then it would be possible to kill other players more often. OP needs a fix too there as they are immortal.

I dont get why NON healing classes can heal themselves so much, that was the entire reason healing depression came into play but not its WORSE than it was pre-HD....
    clonkyo1 said:

(IMO) Another discussion is if Tenacity is necessary or not as PvP is right now or if basi pvp gear providing it (these are: Level 70 Battlescared gear AND Black ice gear. Will not even take into account level 69- IL gear or GG gear) is good or bad for PVP but, for a FACT, both black ice sets NEED a huge buff and even its own purple level to allow newbies enter PvP without being one shotted by a 2.5k IL player due both sets "lacks" (notice quotes) Tenacity: 120 per piece but armor piece when "battlescared pieces" have, min, 240 or so but armor piece, which grants 350 is, IMO, plain stupid.

Or, they remove tenacity on ALL gear and just give all players a BASE rating of tenacity:
    @lvl 70: ALL players regardless of gear should have these values:

Character SHeet Tenacity:
    50% damage resistance
    40% Crit Resistance
    50% Control Resistance
    70% ARP Resistance

Then players can play with whatever they want, not having to worry about tenacity gear.
  • solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    ayroux said:

Remember when they introduced healing depression - to reduce self healing since previous modules classes could stack extremely high regen which healed IN combat? Combined with things like waters artifact or emblem + other abilities and players could live forever?

Well, we are back at the SAME place now... The entire point of healing depression is basically moot as players can combine extremely high lifesteal %, as well as water wheel, water weapons, feats/abilities, potions, and dont forget endless consumption!

Its all just frankly WAY too much. I URGE the DEVs to reconsider all these self-healing sources and look at making adjustments, atleast towards NON healing classes.

PROPOSED ADJUSTMENTS:

1) Endless consumption changed to award 5% more life steal CHANCE rather than tripling your life steal heal when it procs...
    2) Chaotic Growth (CW Renegade Capstone): Should be adjusted so it procs once per SECOND rather than every .5 seconds.
    3) Wheel of Elements: Water Effect: Changed to heal 50% of your maximum Health over 30 seconds (down from 100%).
    4) Devoted Cleric Faithful Capstone: Agent of the Divine: Add a 20 second ICD to this, so it cannot trigger the effect more than once every 20 seconds.

The entire point of the lifesteal rework was to make self-healing something that should be un-reliable. Well with boons, artifacts, all the crazy stats we can stack, its not uncommon to have 20-30% lifesteal, combined with endless consumption which makes it RIDICULOUS and then some of these other "Water" effects and self healing abilities are just over the top right now...

Please consider some of these changes.

Im a CW renegade and choatic growth does not make me unkillable, i do die a lot.
    And stop whining about the leetness of high geared players with 20% life steal, they are supposed to be godlike
    gg
    clonkyo1 said:

As the game is right now and based on what most PvPers wants for their own and taking into account that i agree with you [Tenacity should go away and grant chars "base" tenacity], i dissagree on this too for 2 reasons:

CC strenght
    vs actual power creep

Second one its too obvious even for "BiS" players: Even if all chars have a base "tenacity char", it will makes almost not noticeable if they are wearing green gear vs full geared players.

First one is a bit more complex and, i think, you know what a i mean, so, on this sense, i will not explain myself so much: Tenacity must "protect" players from "perma stuns", thing that doesn't happend right now, in example, vs Trapper HR. Obviously, now, CWs will complain about "we cant control a thing right now on PvP", which is correct, but the problem is that they do not do so thanks to "Tenacity" but thanks to other mechanics (namely, deflection) . On this sense, a new "increase your control strengh" enchant would be handy, especially, to counter Elven Battle enchant.

Yeah I wont disagree with you about CW and control. Again I think the issue here is that CWs want to do everything, they want damage, they want self healing (Chaotic Growth), they want DR (Shield on Tab) etc etc.

Heck, to adjust my recommendation, why not REMOVE Chaotic Growth and replace it with "Chaotic Control" or something that increases control strength by 100% for X seconds or something. I think compared to some classes CWs are not crazy in the damage area now, but I do know some CWs from our guild that are near unkillable due to self healing + shield + control as well as can do crazy damage (nearly 1 combo my BIS GWF) but it relies 100% on control, so boosting control too much would require a loss of damage somewhere - however I am not a CW expert.

This all boils down to classes need to be restored back to the "CORE" of the class. I.E. GWFs need to be damage dealers, CWs need to be controllers, etc etc (http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Class) We have deviated from classes having "roles" and it stemmed from bad PVE design. CWs were crazy damage dealers AND had control. Its a big issue that I dont think will ever be fixed TBH. If healers are too good, you dont need control or tanks. Thus just take DPS + healers.

They have yet to find a "sweet spot" and I really think this is where one of my LONG time posts needs to be incoorperated into future modules - different types of mobs.

You have CC immune mobs, you have "physical" damage immune mobs, you have "non-physical" damage immune mobs, you have "tank" immune mobs (no agro meters, or they 'reset' every 1-2 seconds so the mobs go crazy and MUST be controlled)

Once you have MOBS that require "rolls" then you can build classes to fit those "rolls". THis would take too much work though.
    clonkyo1 said:

EDIT: Also, as a side note about your suggestion about "nerfing healing as a whole on PvP", you should remember what happened back on MOD 5 when i started that thread about Gift of Faith proccing for 100k healing... I'm pretty sure that Foxxycleopatra is still sniffing me for that reason... yet here we are, 3 mods latter and most of you saying almost the same thing that i did back then...

Yes - this is something Ive posted about and Im not 100% certain so maybe you know. GoF is supposed to heal for 100% of a DC max HP right? So in theory with HD its only supposed to heal for 50% of DCs max in PVP right? I dont know but it sure seems to do MUCH more then that. Something needs adjusting with the feat and many DCs in my guild have said that rather than get too technical, adding a ICD to the ability for it to proc would make it slightly more "fair" something like 20-30 seconds. Which means after it procs you have a "window" in which you could die...
    clonkyo1 said:

So, my solution here, besides "nerf it"; as i already said, is to cut ALL healings down to 1/4 of their total amount when flagged for PvP by using Healing Depression.

once again: (REMEMBER, this is just a "theory" and probably its totally wrong but, at least, using this as a "base", i can get some explanations about "certain" situations like described above.

Im not a big fan of that idea man... I already think having healing cut in half for PVP is kinda lame as it creates a major divide between PVE and PVP. Im not saying remove the 50% HD we have. But you need to think aback to why they did that in the first place - it was because of regen. They wanted Regen to still be a good outside combat healer, but not too good inside combat (especially PVP) They also wanted battles to be longer and have more "reaction time" and players would have more EHP with tenacity.

FF to today though, regen is removed 100% from combat now, and players with tenacity can get 2 shot. So neither is WAI. Not only that, but HD was meant to lessen healing so that healing wasnt bouncing players from 10% ->100% in a second. Which its not even doing THAT anymore. So what is the purpose of HD now?

I would say leave it as is, but I really think the direction they need to take is to nerf healing (mostly self healing) in this game. I have run SO many dungeons on my GWF with just a paladin and 4 DPS classes. Why? Because I can heal myself for 100K from just 1 IBS WITHOUT endless consumption. I have had CRAZY heals (300k+) from IBS and endless proccing. Why does that even make sense? Why do DPS classes get to heal themselves for so much? They should have to rely on a healer.

thats good info about DC GoF. Ive always thought it was just far too strong and I never understood how in such a short time 25% of their heals could amount to such a big heal so I think you are onto something in that its taking ALL heals or its doing 100% of the heals or something is off there since it wouldnt add up that within 10-20 seconds a DC is healing for 180k+ which then causes the GoF to proc for 60k+.... Something is WAY off there.

As for this entire topic. I really think the game needs to take a step back towards its "roots" by removing excess sources of self-healing for non-healing classes in BOTH PVE and PVP its just crazy that my DPS class can spike heal myself that much. A BIG part of the issue with lifesteal is endless consumption making it TWICE as strong (about a 1/3 chance to triple your heal). So that needs to go, but then you have other classes like HR/CW that have healing built into the class. Why? Its not a healing class, when you do that it lessens the reliance on a healer and then people wonder why (in previous modules) noone likes playing or taking DCs to things.
    metalldjt said:

this is how i see it with tenacity, that is a needed stat for pvp, and what it does is to suppres alot of the PvE side, that affects the PVP.

for example Crit depression is needed, i am not a FAN of spike damage, and as we know it from PvE part, critical damage is huge.
    the amount of armor pen that a character can stack is also huge, so the way i stand with tenacity is that it doesnt need a rework to be less effective.

Yeah - and maybe this was written to others but I think as a STAT tenacity needs to be removed from gear and then those items (crit resistance, ARP resistance) needs to be ADDED to each character. So rather than have a 10% base and then you add tenacity as a STAT to buff that 10% to say 45%, it would just be a BASE of 45% on character sheet.

I would even say things like "damage resisntance" from players should be much more like 50% rather than in the 40%. Crit resistance should be slightly less since @ 45% crits actually deal LESS damage than non crits which is just stupid.

ARP resistance im torn on. They made ARP way too good and other stats dont compare but on the FLIP side, players have SO much DR % now that its needed... As a WHOLE though I would say bump ARP resistance up to 80% even AS LONG AS all the self healing was cut WAY down. This would mean everyone deals less damage but heals back less HP making fights a little more balanced IMO.
    clonkyo1 said:

SNIP

Yeah I think we agree on everything. My only concern was regarding healing depression - since that doesnt fix the PVE problem, just the PVP issue. I mean it would work for PVP but PVE would still be just as broken and thats my concern.

I mean honestly if they made lifesteal 200:1% and then cut severity down to say 50% as a "base" or even 25% as a "base" then it would add much more value to things like lifedrinker and it would make lifesteal % chance less valuable.

What I see is a lower tier player (<3k ilevel) can only reach maybe 14-15% lifesteal. So to that player (and if they dont use endless consumption) lifesteal probably seems balanced. Its unreliable and its not BIG burst heals.

But get on a 4k player with 25% lifesteal AND endless and its just silly. My GWF can crit (in PVE) for over 100k on sure strikes (with LOL set) which means I have a 1 in 4 chance of getting 120k+ heal?! Thats almost my entire HP!

Then its worse with endless which would turn that 120k into 360k heal. Its just silly.

Lower geared players have a hard time stacking %. Which is why I think 200:1% is more fair. That 14% LS player would now have 28% which is more "reliable". The 25% LS player is now at 50% which might now be over kill....

Making it @ 25% severity also cuts healing down much more. Then ontop of that, making endless consumption maybe a 5% CHANCE rather than triple your heals would be another positive.

Now lifesteal would be little heals.... 100k Sure Strikes would still be 25k+ heal and even that is pretty strong but its MUCH better than a 120k heal...

In PVP if I crit for 80k on an IBS - with endless I can end up healing for 120k+. With this new system I would heal for maybe 15k (after HD). Which is a BIG difference.

But when you JUST do this, this gives other classes who have self healing in feats a big advantage. Like CW or HR. This is where ALL the self healing needs to be cut down, so that all classes heal themselves less and rely on healers more.

clonkyo1 said:

SNIP

Yeah I think we agree on everything. My only concern was regarding healing depression - since that doesnt fix the PVE problem, just the PVP issue. I mean it would work for PVP but PVE would still be just as broken and thats my concern.

I mean honestly if they made lifesteal 200:1% and then cut severity down to say 50% as a "base" or even 25% as a "base" then it would add much more value to things like lifedrinker and it would make lifesteal % chance less valuable.

What I see is a lower tier player (<3k ilevel) can only reach maybe 14-15% lifesteal. So to that player (and if they dont use endless consumption) lifesteal probably seems balanced. Its unreliable and its not BIG burst heals.

But get on a 4k player with 25% lifesteal AND endless and its just silly. My GWF can crit (in PVE) for over 100k on sure strikes (with LOL set) which means I have a 1 in 4 chance of getting 120k+ heal?! Thats almost my entire HP!

Then its worse with endless which would turn that 120k into 360k heal. Its just silly.

Lower geared players have a hard time stacking %. Which is why I think 200:1% is more fair. That 14% LS player would now have 28% which is more "reliable". The 25% LS player is now at 50% which might now be over kill....

Making it @ 25% severity also cuts healing down much more. Then ontop of that, making endless consumption maybe a 5% CHANCE rather than triple your heals would be another positive.

Now lifesteal would be little heals.... 100k Sure Strikes would still be 25k+ heal and even that is pretty strong but its MUCH better than a 120k heal...

In PVP if I crit for 80k on an IBS - with endless I can end up healing for 120k+. With this new system I would heal for maybe 15k (after HD). Which is a BIG difference.

But when you JUST do this, this gives other classes who have self healing in feats a big advantage. Like CW or HR. This is where ALL the self healing needs to be cut down, so that all classes heal themselves less and rely on healers more.

• dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    :Stands there in Black Ice Gear looking over the people:

Oh right, Lifesteal got "nerfed". That was a big discussion.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon

:Stands there in Black Ice Gear looking over the people:

Oh right, Lifesteal got "nerfed". That was a big discussion.

Not really sure what you are saying... ALL sources of self-healing on NON-healing classes should be nerfed.

to go through them. A non-comprehensive list would be:

DC - healing class. No nerf needed except maybe an ICD on Gift of Faith or some "double check" since it SEEMS to heal more than intended.

GWF- NON healing class. Lifesteal (via endless consumption) should be nerfed some. Possibly Restoring Strike as well.

GF - NON healing class. Fighters Recovery (while not considered OP) should probably be nerfed and in its place (something that has been suggested since the dawn of time) given a "shield wall" daily that "reduces all incoming damage by 90% for X seconds". Lifesteal (via endless consumption) should be nerfed some.

HR - NON healing class. Wilds Medicine should be nerfed. Along with the BUG that causes healing from the OH (sure sure details). Lifesteal (via endless consumption) should be nerfed some.

OP - HEALING class. No nerf needed except maybe an adjustment to a few powers that are NOT wai atm and making paladins too strong.

TR - NON healing class. Lifesteal (via endless consumption) should be nerfed some. They dont really have any healing abilities...

SW - Hybrid healing class. So I would leave this right now.

CW - NON healing class. Chaotic regrowth removed or nerfed in favor of more control strength.