test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Feedback] PVP - Self healing is too much, ruins the fun PVP used to be...

ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
Remember when they introduced healing depression - to reduce self healing since previous modules classes could stack extremely high regen which healed IN combat? Combined with things like waters artifact or emblem + other abilities and players could live forever?

Well, we are back at the SAME place now... The entire point of healing depression is basically moot as players can combine extremely high lifesteal %, as well as water wheel, water weapons, feats/abilities, potions, and dont forget endless consumption!

Its all just frankly WAY too much. I URGE the DEVs to reconsider all these self-healing sources and look at making adjustments, atleast towards NON healing classes.

PROPOSED ADJUSTMENTS:

1) Endless consumption changed to award 5% more life steal CHANCE rather than tripling your life steal heal when it procs...
2) Chaotic Growth (CW Renegade Capstone): Should be adjusted so it procs once per SECOND rather than every .5 seconds.
3) Wheel of Elements: Water Effect: Changed to heal 50% of your maximum Health over 30 seconds (down from 100%).
4) Devoted Cleric Faithful Capstone: Agent of the Divine: Add a 20 second ICD to this, so it cannot trigger the effect more than once every 20 seconds.

The entire point of the lifesteal rework was to make self-healing something that should be un-reliable. Well with boons, artifacts, all the crazy stats we can stack, its not uncommon to have 20-30% lifesteal, combined with endless consumption which makes it RIDICULOUS and then some of these other "Water" effects and self healing abilities are just over the top right now...

Please consider some of these changes.

Comments

• Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    There are so many imbalances to PVP I fail to see that this will be a help. And if it doesn't clearly help it may even make things worse.

#1 No. If it can be done this way for PVP only, it would be somewhat acceptable. I hate modifying whole powers just because of their interaction in PVP. And I play my fair share of PVP--at least 2 matches a day, often more. (Used to be 4 matches, before they took away Trade of Blades daily)

#2 Talk to CWs, otherwise, I don't care, personally. Nerfs on them.

#3 Don't use the wheel, but it sure is popular! No opinion.

#4 I, personally would like to see the Clerics heal less, otherwise see my answer to #2 above.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    I'm not a big fan of nerfing stuff that's good in PvE because of PvP. And honestly, none of these changes really would make a difference...PvP needs a complete overhaul from the ground up.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User

I'm not a big fan of nerfing stuff that's good in PvE because of PvP. And honestly, none of these changes really would make a difference...PvP needs a complete overhaul from the ground up.

Quite true, but then again so does PvE.
  • Options

Well I would argue that endless consumption should have been adjusted when lifesteal was adjusted... I mean look back at lvl 60 PVP, people could get 15%+ Lifesteal and it was never the "Must have" stat. Why? Because lifesteal was a slower-heal over time that only was really good with solid DPS. You knew if you got a player low HP or low-ish HP if you had 1 big hit you could nuke them down.

When it was changed to today we have now given players MANY more stats (8k boon anyone?!) and the ability to stack lifesteal to crazy amounts. Endless consumption PRIOR was pretty good but not CRAZY OP, now a-days though I can be sitting at a SLIVER of health and slam an IBS down on someone for 40k and if endless procs (~30% chance) ill end up healing for ~ 80k... Which gives me new life.

The reason endless is buffed massively NOW is because the way lifesteal works now. Before you would heal off EVERY hit, so having endless proc every 3 hits wasnt a big deal since even off a 40k crit, healing 20% + endless would result in a ~12k heal. But you KNEW it would heal for 12k but thats not hard to out DPS.

Thats the big problem with it. Never was fixed when LS was changed.
  • Options

These are the things that keep non-healing classes alive. If they nerf those they need to give GWF our DR back and a dodge.

There are so many imbalances to PVP I fail to see that this will be a help. And if it doesn't clearly help it may even make things worse.

#1 No. If it can be done this way for PVP only, it would be somewhat acceptable. I hate modifying whole powers just because of their interaction in PVP. And I play my fair share of PVP--at least 2 matches a day, often more. (Used to be 4 matches, before they took away Trade of Blades daily)

#2 Talk to CWs, otherwise, I don't care, personally. Nerfs on them.

#3 Don't use the wheel, but it sure is popular! No opinion.

#4 I, personally would like to see the Clerics heal less, otherwise see my answer to #2 above.

There are many issues but currently the top 3 are:
    1) new rings the introduced.
    2) Paladins
    3) Self healing.

and as I just posted above, this feat SHOULD have been fixed when they adjusted lifesteal because the adjustment made this much more powerful in the ability to burst heal which makes it BETTER than what lifesteal was before. And its not just PVP its PVE too. The ability for a class to take a BIG hit, have 10% HP and then in 3 seconds of DPSing get back to full HP? Thats not overpowered? Thats my experience in PVE, I never even bring pots since my lifesteal is high enough at 25% +endless where I never need to worry about healing.... I only die from a big hit by standing in RED or something stupid like a 1M damage from an NPC hits me...

#2 I have talked to CWs, lifesteal + endless + water weapons + water wheel + captsone = CW always at full HP. CWs have some of the best self-healing from this. Why? Its stupid and heals for WAY too much. Why do non-healing classes deserve self-healing? Itmakes no sense and ruins the value add from a healing class....

#3 Wheel is stupid. Nuff said LOL. Its mandatory for classes like GWFs who need the heals.

#4 Clerics should be a BIG contribution but right now they can keep people alive a LITTLE too easy IMO. Putting an ICD on the capstone would just just enough to balance them out.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    Im ok with nerfing wheel an endless consuption. Those are so overperforming that there is no reason to argue about. Pvp, pve doesnt matter its too much.

Im not ok with nerfing lifesteal and other specifical class feat

In the case of endless consuption i would love a powerful deflect boon or some flat additional lifesteal severity (if it works, i knew its bugged on lifedrinker for example)
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

I totally disagree and have made a post calling for all classes to get self-healing buffs so that we do not need to be babysat by clerics and paladins. Of course all of the broken things like Trans. Feytouched, Negation, WoE, LoL set, and such need to be fixed. But having to have a DP Paladin tag along with us everywhere is pretty silly.

Only bad players need a dp pally, I recently did egwd with a ~2.4k group with 5x dps, 3x hr and 2x CW. We had no wipes and no issues.
  • Options
    morenthar said:

Take tenacity out of the game. It won't happen, but it should.

are you complaining about tenacity as mechanic or tenacity as stat on gear?
    because i see tenacity as mechanic much needed
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Your list is way off.. you did not include paladin healer.. you didn't include high end life steal builds. LS should be capped at 10% and adjustment to dc , Spalding would match in addition you can argue for caps in love do a as well.
  • Options
    snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    Is there anything that doesn't ruin PvP at this point?
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    are you saying paladins and endless consuption are balanced in pve for example? @kalindra
    Post edited by rayrdan on
  • Options

Your list is way off.. you did not include paladin healer.. you didn't include high end life steal builds. LS should be capped at 10% and adjustment to dc , Spalding would match in addition you can argue for caps in love do a as well.

Lifesteal isnt REALLY the issue dude, its endless consumption. Your comments make me wonder how much you really understand about DPS and lifesteal.

Endless consumption is what makes lifesteal so good as it results in about a 100% increase in its effectiveness. Every 1/3 lifesteal procs it TRIPLES your heal. Without Endless Consumption, lifesteal would be cut in HALF roughly... Giving it a flat 4-5% lifesteal % chance would make the most sense as it provides something towards lower "tier" players that cant stack it as high.

Id also be in favor of dropping lifesteal % chance down to 200:1 and cutting severity in half down to 50% rather than 100%. This would provide even less "burst heals" and more lower heals more frequent, which also reduces the value of over stacking lifesteal.

Since going from 20%->22% is a huge boost in survivability but going from 40%->44% isnt THAT big of a difference and other factors would make a bigger impact there especially with endless consumption nerfed to a flat % chance.

I do NOT think Paladins are balanced at all, in fact I have posted several times about some of the issues with the class as a whole but the DEVs seem to not care about how broken they are.

In fact, an easy way to balance OPs would be to FIX the bugs with the class:

1) Binding Oath is currently DOUBLE affected by DR/Tenacity resulting in less than HALF the expected damage hitting the paladin once the effect ends - fixing this would be pretty big.
    2) Echos of Light is proccing of auras and allowing paladins near infinite CD reduction.
    3) Binding Oath's CD should start AFTER the effect ends - not once its cast allowing for back to back BOs.
    4) Shield of Faith's base duration needs to be dropped to 8 seconds, each rank +2 seconds (Means 14 second duration, down fro 24 seconds) and THEN remove the ability for the paladin to gain AP while this effect is active.

All of these however may be an OVER nerf so I would ask the DEVs buff the damage of the paladin a bit by adding damage to encounters like Smite, Relentless Avenger, Circle of Power and increased duration on Banishment up to maybe ~8 seconds on players for some actual CC. Just a few thoughts as the damage of paladins is pathetic.
  • Options
    i dont know man, falco's dps (just to name one) its all but low
  • Options
    rayrdan said:

DPS =/= PVP "damage". Also, and I dont know here so you tell me, how much of that was caused by some of the bugs that got fixed?

If you looked at what I suggested - I didnt say thats what they SHOULD do just some ideas off the top of my head and most of it was just beefing up some encounters a bit. I have a strong suspicion an ACT test would show those abilities are not a major source of DPS Paladin damage. I am not an expert here at all so definitely could be wrong, maybe they DONT need a boost. But I DO know that damage =/= DPS and vice versa.

A perfect example is guardian fighters, some of the worst DPS in the game yet some of the highest damage in PVP. Paladins may be the exact opposite, good DPS and bad burst. So with the nerf to tankiness, seems they need some way to compete in PVP which would be a burst damage boost. Thats all I am saying.
  • Options
    olegius88olegius88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 80 Arc User
    ayroux said:

4) Devoted Cleric Faithful Capstone: Agent of the Divine: Add a 20 second ICD to this, so it cannot trigger the effect more than once every 20 seconds.

LoL, are you seriously about that? Why should they decrease our heals? They should decrease your damage instead of it! :)

Mainclass: DC
    Mainchar: Mr. Shu
    :cool:
  • Options
    macjae said:

ayroux said:

rayrdan said:

DPS =/= PVP "damage". Also, and I dont know here so you tell me, how much of that was caused by some of the bugs that got fixed?

If you looked at what I suggested - I didnt say thats what they SHOULD do just some ideas off the top of my head and most of it was just beefing up some encounters a bit. I have a strong suspicion an ACT test would show those abilities are not a major source of DPS Paladin damage. I am not an expert here at all so definitely could be wrong, maybe they DONT need a boost. But I DO know that damage =/= DPS and vice versa.

A perfect example is guardian fighters, some of the worst DPS in the game yet some of the highest damage in PVP. Paladins may be the exact opposite, good DPS and bad burst. So with the nerf to tankiness, seems they need some way to compete in PVP which would be a burst damage boost. Thats all I am saying.
    Thinking about giving them a damage boost before seeing the effect of fixing the broken stuff you mentioned probably isn't wise, given just how brutally overpowered the class is at the moment. Their damage can already be very high, and I doubt anyone wants a repeat of the one-shot wonders they were when they first launched. Even with massively reduced survivability and some of their other tools being nerfed as well, they would still be competitive as solid node holders, they just won't be virtual gods that require entire teams to take down anymore.
    If I said "BEFORE" I apologize, I mean fix the broken things, assess where they land and then POSSIBLY buff some burst damage. I have never been impressed with Paladin Damage with the exception of PVE. So things like SMITE could be something to look at and consider increasing for the purpose of burst damage - rather than good DPS increase (which we agree they dont necessarily need).
  • Options
    olegius88 said:

ayroux said:

LoL, are you seriously about that? Why should they decrease our heals? They should decrease your damage instead of it! :)

Yup! And I have proposed that SEVERAL times over. Not opposed to it at all AND I already suggested nerfing lifesteal (via endless consumption) which would cut my self healing by HALF so theres already a significant nerf to the DPS classes that rely on that.

Healing across the board needs to be toned down (self-healing) and the DC capstone makes it near impossible to kill anything in PVP - even with our "high damage". I can link COUNTLESS screen shots from BIS PVP games where literally there are zero deaths and plenty of matches even have zero deaths WITHOUT paladins. Why? DC capstone. Its too hard to burst someone down 2x in a short period of time when you have crazy self healing and THEN a crazy good DC capstone to boot.

Having a 20 second ICD on the proc (not the build up OF the heal just when it procs) will allow you a window to actually kill someone, 20 seconds might not even be enough and you may need to bump it to 30 seconds but id rather see the tone down of self healing with then in relation to that will actually INCREASE the "value" of DC heals - if damage classes have their own self healing cut in half.

• Options
    rayrdan said:

morenthar said:

Take tenacity out of the game. It won't happen, but it should.

are you complaining about tenacity as mechanic or tenacity as stat on gear?
    because i see tenacity as mechanic much needed
    Personally tenacity as a STAT on gear needs to be removed. Then just flat out added to everyones character as a BASE adjustment. They could even play with the numbers to make it more "fair" for instance an example that could work is EVERYONES character sheet as a base would read:

Armor Pen Resistance: 70% (currently the max you can achieve via tenacity gear)
    Damage resistance: 50% (up from 42-45%)
    CC Resistance: 50% (up from 42-45%)
    Crit resistance: 40% (down from 42%-45% - Reason for this is at a MINIMUM players have 75% severity so without buffs, crits would always deal 5% more damage on crits than non crits '1.75*60% = 1.05 = 5%').

Now players can use ANY gear from ANY content and not feel gimped or as if they have no choice. This also balances things out much more fairly in terms of damage vs control vs ARP vs crit resistance on players.
  • Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    PVP Naked in nothing but weapons. Take all your artifacts, rings, pets and mythic/legendary off. Rely only on your skivies to protect you. At 400 item level PVP is fun for me with other people who are also naked. Other than that it's boring and nothing but a character sheet contest. 1v1 or 5v5 your buddies stark nekkid. K.I.S.S. - People can have boons they worked hard to get. Weapons they worked hard to refine. Skills they spent time to hone. Things that anyone can actually achieve without spending insane money to catch up are challenging and fun. At least thats my take on it. Leave PVE out of PVP. We need more challenging game to actually have interesting content that is more of an accomplishment and to do that we need these skills that keep getting nerfed because PVP xyz. Remove gear out of the equation. Give everyone the same level/things aside from boons. This power creep is what is killing pvp and making people complain about how 'easy' pve content has become. No one can really get started at level 70 pvp right now without spending hours upon hours getting face stomped by a broken que system and verbally abused or else shelling out high amounts of money from their wallets. No fun.

Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options
    azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    remove gift of faith from the game and the insane pally heals/bubbles. done, pvp is f un again and things die
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    Bann all those who exploited in order to get free/massive amounts of AD - PvP is fixed. It's not rocket science. And considering that their buddy - developer isn't part of the Cryptic staff, anymore.. it might actually happen. It baffles me to see that all of the top exploiters are to this day still playing this game, even after they ruined the entire economy with their bs. Nerfing skill/ability XY won't solve a thing. As long as the 'foul apples' are being kept in the basket, PvP will remain broken. Having self healing really is not an issue. The real issue is, having mule accounts with billions of ill gotten AD to support your actual characters with.

I'm not naming anybody in particular, because i was asked not to do so. But well informed people might know who i am referring to.

• Options

Nerfing X or Y doesn't mean anything until the bugs are fixed.

And this is why they need to fix several things regarding paladins! That type of thing is why PVP is so unfun- that and the new rings that are just STUPID right now
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I think tenacity is a much worse problem than self-healing or even rings. It prevents many people from even playing. When I levelled up a new main, I had high level enchants and transcendent weapon and armor enchants. But I still couldn't hit anything. It required highly exaggerated ARP to even break thorugh the tenacity. And without better than scrub or even Grym gear (because of low tenacity), staying alive in simple PUG matches was a short prospect.

Of course, that toon got better, but many players never recover and don't continue with PVP. Just read what people say about their 1 or 2 times trying PVP in the forums....
    Post edited by santralafax on