test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tymora's Coin needs to be updated for event starting tomorrow

lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
As has been shared many times, the coin that you can get as a drop in the next event did not get updated when the level cap increased to 70. I am ok with them no updating it if they are no longer going to run the event. However if they are going to keep using this event as a feature they need to update the loot to stay current. You see this with alot of things that said "rewards appropriate to your level" hero's feast, coin, enchantments, runes.

It would be nice if these were updated and not just recycled
"we all love this game and want it to thrive"

Comments

• boom782boom782 Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    Couldn't agree more. Stat boost should probably be more around 500-600 now.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    i actualy think it did from my memory but it wasnt enough.

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    I think it has always been 371. Provide an upgrade path to an epic version or something, or change the item to a new epic version. 371 isn't as useful as it used to be (though I still see people flipping that damn coin every 5 mins lol).
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    The coin just needs to have stats that scale to 70 rather than the same cap it had at 60.

Hero's Feast should be changed so the buff it gives is a % of the buffed character's max power and HP. Then there'd be no need to touch it again for further cap raises. Making the same change to other event foods would be logical as well. % values are why squash soup has remained useful.

On the subject of broken or useless event foods, I've been assuming the timer on the Masquerade foods is still broken as well, giving a duration of 1 second instead of 2100.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User

The coin just needs to have stats that scale to 70 rather than the same cap it had at 60.

Hero's Feast should be changed so the buff it gives is a % of the buffed character's max power and HP. Then there'd be no need to touch it again for further cap raises. Making the same change to other event foods would be logical as well. % values are why squash soup has remained useful.

On the subject of broken or useless event foods, I've been assuming the timer on the Masquerade foods is still broken as well, giving a duration of 1 second instead of 2100.

Exactly, just make it scale to level. Like the Ensorcelled/Dragonbone stuff.
    they should just make it 1% so no matter the curve, it just gives it.

Oh I forgot to add... I'd love to actually get one. Last two Tymora events I've opened thousands of boxes NOTTA.... Wife opens like 3 boxes "Hey look at this Coin thingy.." YOU BI!#$!#$%CH!!! I do still love her tho.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

they should just make it 1% so no matter the curve, it just gives it.

This would be a sensible approach for the most part (for all the difference an additional 1% would make for the lovers of rank 12 enchants on their level 10 PvP characters).

Fixed buff numbers require coding the buff amount in tiers, and making adjustments when you increase the level cap or change the stat curves. A percentage just... works.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    Funny enough, they DID upgrade it with Mod 6, it used to give less than 300 (or whatever it gives now) of a certain stat. They won't do anything about it, fairly certain.
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Almost nothing was adjusted to account for the level cap increase. Entire campaigns continue to proudly offer you gear 10 levels below you. I feel like nothing was adjusted when regeneration stopped working in combat. Okay it gives you a boost to incoming healing, but does anything think this amounts to a worthwhile benefit?
    Post edited by zibadawa on
  • icyclassicyclass Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    rinat114 said:

Funny enough, they DID upgrade it with Mod 6, it used to give less than 300 (or whatever it gives now) of a certain stat. They won't do anything about it, fairly certain.

They also nerfed it so that it no longer persists through death.

One hand gives....
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    rinat114 said:

nah, it has always been 371
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • vaultfairyvaultfairy Member Posts: 67 Arc User

Oh I forgot to add... I'd love to actually get one. Last two Tymora events I've opened thousands of boxes NOTTA.... Wife opens like 3 boxes "Hey look at this Coin thingy.." YOU BI!#$!#$%CH!!! I do still love her tho.

Got mine from the first one i open. Heh.

I hope Tymora blesses you this time around.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User

...did you need to get stitched?

Guys.. Im 100% certain old coin was 330 cap.. they upped it to 370.. why such a small change.. I couldn't tell you but IM fairly certain they DID do that at some point.

I clearly remember this conversation from like last year..

OMG ... by Saturday still not a single one. I was gifted a coin on both my main and an alt. Then go figure after opening HUNDREDS.... still no coin.... then two in a row. I was finally blessed.

...did you need to get stitched?

hahaha
  • vaultfairyvaultfairy Member Posts: 67 Arc User

OMG ... by Saturday still not a single one. I was gifted a coin on both my main and an alt. Then go figure after opening HUNDREDS.... still no coin.... then two in a row. I was finally blessed.

I can send you one, i have a couple already lol

I can send you one, i have a couple already lol
    Thank You for the kind gesture but I'm all covered now :)