test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dragon's Hoard Enchantment

guiilleeeguiilleee Member Posts: 52 Arc User
Hi! I've been told dragon hoards enchants, are bugged, they works for limited time, like 20 mins, then, they go off for some hours..
How do they work??

Comments

• sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    They will only work for an hour, then stop. Its not a bug, but another in a long line of heavy handed, poorly implemented, measures meant to combat botting.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    WAI as I understand it. It is random but I believe its a daily limit as to how many items you can receive. Originally the items were BoC but then they made them BoC too so you can only use them on that character. I think they should now increase amount you should be able to get from them. Its probably bugged to but some of that "bugginess" was intended...again this is going on my memory which could be a bit faulty
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    The nerfing of these things made me quit the game for a while. They have a 30 second cooldown and a daily limit. Im still mad about this to be honest.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User

The nerfing of these things made me quit the game for a while. They have a 30 second cooldown and a daily limit. Im still mad about this to be honest.

me too. i put tons of time, AD and effort into getting four greater enchantments. they were working well, dropping acceptable amounts of RP items. Then cryptic destroyed them a month later. It was like buying a nice car and after a month of ownership you look out the window and it's been replaced with a broken down scooter.
  • issssshoisssssho Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 105 Arc User

The drops were unbound, so botters botted in foundries, now they are bound to account. The whole cooldown thing is a conspiracy theory. I get drops all day long, sometimes good, sometimes bad.

same :V
    didnt notice any daily cap or smt..just hav a feel that stronger mobs kinda drop them more often or drop better rp stones
    With great power comes great electricity bill.

THC
    http://www.theholycrusaders.com/
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User

The drops were unbound, so botters botted in foundries, now they are bound to account. The whole cooldown thing is a conspiracy theory. I get drops all day long, sometimes good, sometimes bad.

It is not a conspiracy. It has been confirmed by Panderus himself.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/560933/elemental-evil-preview-patch-notes-nw-45-20150416c-8/p3

"There is a mechanic on these items to limit how often and how much they can drop each day. A normal game session for a day should not be impacted.

We have seen players use them heavily to just farm all day with bots and this was one of the valves we closed to that behavior."
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    I have 5 DH enchants, so a 10% chance per mob. I find that for an hour or so they work really well if I leave the 30sec recommended above between grouping mobs. After an hour or maybe 2, I'm pretty sure the chance drops to almost 0% as I then get hardly anything for the rest of the play time. I'm not sure its quite that definitive and I'm only going by casual observation but when you get nothing or almost nothing for hours . . . .
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

They will only work for an hour, then stop. Its not a bug, but another in a long line of heavy handed, poorly implemented, measures meant to combat botting.

Botting, really? I have doubts. Or, as with Leadership, "bots" means different things to different people.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    Mine have been droping all day long recently. Idon't know if they changed something
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• subnoctesubnocte Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    If they're bound to account, how does botting come into it? I suppose one person could be botting to gain progress for their character, but professional bots, the ones that actually affect the game, aren't obviously doing that.
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    Mhm...but you can still use a bot to farm tons of RP for yourself. And you know...rubies have to be sold yo!
    You need to grind for it, and you need to do it exactly how the game designer tell you!

You ivil bot users you! :)
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • jboo92jboo92 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    but if rune have cooldown, can you have 2 sets of runes? And when 1st set stops dropping runes you just change your runes, will this work? :P
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    ...probably not. IIRC the blurb about the lockout, it's even account-wide.

Face it: C thinks your desire to progress your chars will goad you into giving them insane amounts of money. If this isn't the case, you're not part of this game's target group. Then you can go and farm HEs for hours on end to get some. RP and AD from normal progress and/or campaign gameplay? Nah, that'd be too easy, then the urge wouldn't come to give them your $$$ or €€€...

On a side note: One way to get some more RP for your beloved artiGear are the high-end Leadership tasks... ...which is about the only thing they're good for nowadays, and it's a pittance, but...
  • tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    jboo92 said:

but if rune have cooldown, can you have 2 sets of runes? And when 1st set stops dropping runes you just change your runes, will this work? :P

I read somewhere the timer was on your account, not the character....

• instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I get a ton of RP one my GWF's 2% DHE.

Then again, I kill a ton of things.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User

Record in a list every item you get from one play session, and record the time of the play session. i would like to see what you consider "a ton of RP".
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    kurtb88 said:

Record in a list every item you get from one play session, and record the time of the play session. i would like to see what you consider "a ton of RP".
    I usually have ~1 million RP from DHEs every 2x RP. It's not a ton relative to what you need but it certainly helps.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    urabask said:

kurtb88 said:

I usually have ~1 million RP from DHEs every 2x RP. It's not a ton relative to what you need but it certainly helps.
    ^^^^^ Pretty much this.

And no, I'm not going to sit here and write HAMSTER dwn just to appease you.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
    urabask said:

kurtb88 said:

...so let's break that down: 2xRP comes every 2-3 months, so like every 50 to 100 days. Then divide that million by that factor 2 (xRP) and we get 500k divided by 50 to 100, so 5-10k RP per gaming day. Which seems plausible to me...

It further should help to, immediately after launching the game, go to the high profit zones: WoD, IwD. I also heard, ye awlde GG (Fiery Pit) drops RP nicely. Less sure about DR and Shar, the other EE zones, and the Stronghold...
  • guiilleeeguiilleee Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    And what about Fey blessing enchantments?

How about mixing Feys with DHs?

Thanks for your answers
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    This is actually what I have done. Seems to work ok...just wish the fey would also go directly into your bags like the RP does with DHE...

As others have said they originally did this to combat "botters" but after the BtA changes that isn't the reason they left it that way.
    guiilleee said:

And what about Fey blessing enchantments?

How about mixing Feys with DHs?

Thanks for your answers

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    mynaam said:

Mine have been droping all day long recently. Idon't know if they changed something

I also think they've tweaked them to be more forgiving during extended play. They most certainly don't shut off after an hour, and I've had them proc steadily through weekend marathons.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited December 2015

urabask said:

kurtb88 said:

...so let's break that down: 2xRP comes every 2-3 months, so like every 50 to 100 days. Then divide that million by that factor 2 (xRP) and we get 500k divided by 50 to 100, so 5-10k RP per gaming day. Which seems plausible to me...

It further should help to, immediately after launching the game, go to the high profit zones: WoD, IwD. I also heard, ye awlde GG (Fiery Pit) drops RP nicely. Less sure about DR and Shar, the other EE zones, and the Stronghold...
    I meant 1 million before the 2x bonus. I've already got 500k since the last event and there's another month to go before the next 2x RP. I don't really farm it though. Mostly just elol/VT, demonic HEs on WoD and DR lairs atm.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    urabask said:

urabask said:

kurtb88 said:

I meant 1 million before the 2x bonus. I've already got 500k since the last event and there's another month to go before the next 2x RP. I don't really farm it though. Mostly just elol/VT, demonic HEs on WoD and DR lairs atm.
    ...so all endgame => maxxed out drop table. Including sapphires and opals...

10-20k per day, though, is more than I got when I last slotted them regularly sometime mid to end Mod 6. Seems they actually did tweak up a bit there.
    edited December 2015

urabask said:

urabask said:

kurtb88 said:

...so all endgame => maxxed out drop table. Including sapphires and opals...

10-20k per day, though, is more than I got when I last slotted them regularly sometime mid to end Mod 6. Seems they actually did tweak up a bit there.
    Wouldn't really bother with them before the campaign zones. I'd rather have azures slotted so I get through EE faster.

I had about the same drop rate when I was doing campaign zones a few months ago (actually got 1.3 million for that 2x RP).
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    I too have 5 and a 10% chance

It works and then I guess I reach my max

Very sad

But

I am Ok with it