test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

We need to talk about the Trove of Elemental Evil

deadbeat1985deadbeat1985 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
This total trash item cros up from time to time from lockboxes, and it either needs to go away - permanently - or receive some major reworking. There's a very small chance of the Wheel of Elements artifact, which is nice, but I've never seen one. There's also a small chance at a blue Archon companion, which again isn't too bad - they can be sold for a little extra AD, or used if you like them (a couple of them have some nice active bonuses), but again, I've never seen one. All I've ever received from these RNG monstrosities is weapon transmutes and an Emblem of the Cults.

Firstly, why this trash is even IN a lockbox is beyond comprehension. If you're trading AD for zen to buy a key, which Cryptic have valued at 125 zen cost, then you're spending 50,000 AD per key at standard exchange rates. Of course, most people don't do that - they grab one for 75 zen with a voucher (still a 30,000 AD cost per key) or they use their VIP daily keys. Even still, you've poured time and effort (or money) into the game to get a random nice surprise every day, so why on Earth are we subjected to this HAMSTER-shoot of useless dregs? Secondly, why is it an epic quality item? When you open a lockbox, it's exciting as hell when that purple banner pops up and you think you've got something REALLY nice - a flashy new mount or companion, or maybe something that you can sell for a HUGE chunk of currency and buy yourself some pretty things with. But no, sorry, it's actually trash with a purple border.

Weapon transmutation items should stay in an in-game store, like the campaign transmutes or TarmaBar store. Emblem of the Cults should drop from... anywhere, really, I don't care. Make it a one in a thousand drop from T2 dungeons, nobody is going to miss them. Putting a black pit of bad RNG in a lockbox loot table is insulting, frustrating and really, really dumb. I was really hoping they'd be gone with the end of the Elemental Evil module lockboxes, why they've stuck around for the Glorious Resurgence lockboxes is beyond comprehension.

Comments

• kahfakahfa Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    if every box is a winner then it wouldn't be a gamble, you just buy keys, sell and get profit then buy more keys and so on.
    Misfits
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User

Every lottery needs bad prices. It pays for the more expensive ones.

But nearly everything in lockboxes is trash now. And just to be extra insulting, this piece of trash is purple, making yu think you got something good.

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited November 2015

Every lottery needs bad prices. It pays for the more expensive ones.

I don't think it would really harm things to have all the packs in a lockbox be at least as good as the enchantment packs are now.

They could just put some opals/rubies/diamonds/greater marks in them instead of junk. Most of why they need junk is to keep prices on items from dropping but the demand for RP and marks is too high for that to happen.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Emblem of the cults needs to go. Trash sells higher on the AH and tends to be useful RP if nothing else. Emblem of the Cults is below that.
  • hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    The thing that annoys me about this is the initial 'ding' success/great item sound you get with it. Then you open it up and get that Emblem of the Cultists and all you hear in your head is "Wah wah wah waaah".
  • zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    I'd pay for them to include the "Wah wah wah waaah" sound to be included with the emblem of the cults
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    And this is why i dont open anything but lockboxes older than mod 3
  • mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    I throw these things away now on XBONE as you cant even give them away anymore lol
    Total Junk and to give you the whole epic thing with these chests is like a bad joke, I have had the occasional epic companion out of them but the drop rate is really poor tbh.
    The same old transmute offerings and the Cult orb is getting real old now.
  • subnoctesubnocte Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    The value of the contents has dropped a lot recently. The companion kits are only worth about 5000 unopened, usually even less if you do open them. I'd say the average value has dropped from around 30K to about 15K.

But yeah, there shouldn't be stuff in there worth 100 AD. It's supposed to be good stuff.
  • ultradd#1718 ultradd Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    First trove : Purple water archon. Thought the trove is actually good and got one off AH. Worst decision in a long time. Got some stupid water transmute that is worth 2 AD lol.
  • melodicahmelodicah Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    First time I got one of these I was like "oooo purple!" then I opened it and got some ugly fire appearance weapons. Okay, maybe I was just unlucky. Second time I open one... that lame Emblem of the Cults. At first I had no clue what it was, then I found out that it's not even worth a diamond. I decided to open one more of them... the Emblem again.

I'm okay with not getting something exceptional out of it, but those things are just USELESS. It's almost insulting.
  • snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    oh its wonderful when you get elemental fire transmute while you're using elemental fire weapons

Guess it makes sense to someone.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    my opinion, that emblems should be in "free gift" vendor, and should be retired from the random prize list.

what should replace and add newer items or add classic items.

add 10x health repair kits?
    add 2x current "CTA rank 5" enchant gems?
    add 1 random current festival companion?
    add 5x "graditue gems"?
    add a rare chance of 1-2 enchant keys?

anyone got better ideas, i am curious and nothing too dramatic rewards, and dont be too greedy, just balanced items fit for randomized prize for updated menu.
    wylonus said:

my opinion, that emblems should be in "free gift" vendor, and should be retired from the random prize list.

what should replace and add newer items or add classic items.

add 10x health repair kits?
    add 2x current "CTA rank 5" enchant gems?
    add 1 random current festival companion?
    add 5x "graditue gems"?
    add a rare chance of 1-2 enchant keys?

anyone got better ideas, i am curious and nothing too dramatic rewards, and dont be too greedy, just balanced items fit for randomized prize for updated menu.

Eh. The new enchantment boxes give 2 rank 7s as the worst result. Why should the worst result in an "epic" result from a lockbox need to be more mediocre?
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    hm sorry, i said "current CTA" enchant gems, not the regular enchant gems, what i mean the current CTA version stays awhile until next CTA events and change to current CTA gems.
    if you want rank 6 or rank 7, as i said, dont be too greedy.

all the other regular rank 7's are still in other boxes as normal, just only CTA versions.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Troll loot in your lockbox is just poor form, particularly when it comes in a ZOMGEPICPRIZE wrapper.

If the trove were truly worthy of being flagged as epic, it would drop less often and not contain any garbage.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    wylonus said:

hm sorry, i said "current CTA" enchant gems, not the regular enchant gems, what i mean the current CTA version stays awhile until next CTA events and change to current CTA gems.
    if you want rank 6 or rank 7, as i said, dont be too greedy.

all the other regular rank 7's are still in other boxes as normal, just only CTA versions.

Just get CTA during CTA. Rank 7s are in other boxes and they're ~9-11k. Trove should really be giving good enough items to be worth 50k on the AH.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • ghostpainxyzghostpainxyz Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I have to agree the Trove is seriously a bad result from a box. When the glorious boxes were first introduced I thought they had finally given us a box worth buying keys for, had a number of good results. But out of the last 10 boxes I opened, 6 resulted in Troves, of those I got elemental weapon transmutes :( which are currently selling in the AH for 50 AD. There are now 3 items that I really dont want from those boxes, seems kind all or nothing. In all or nothing situations I just dont take part, so I guess no more keys for me.
    devs really need to do this real fast and soon, not 6 months later way too late.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    Sadly with the huge amount of vips around and people abusing it on multiple accounts even old lockboxes arent worth 1/4 of the key price. I just bought 3 months vip more but i guess i wont fall for it again.
    By the way for now i need preservations so its ok
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    rayrdan said:

Sadly with the huge amount of vips around and people abusing it on multiple accounts even old lockboxes arent worth 1/4 of the key price. I just bought 3 months vip more but i guess i wont fall for it again.

"Abuse"?
    So should they now start banning people for going ViP and using a daily lockbox key to open a lockbox?

As mentioned in another thread, they could just add a solid number of Trade Bars to the lockbox loot, when you only get junk from it.
    For example, you get this Trove and at least 10+ TBs.
    And the same could go for the Trove itself, if you get only those weapon transmutes, you could also get at least 5+ TBs too.

Anyway, i don't open anything i get from lockboxes. I tried that a few times, and i have only got even more worthless items, and now i just sell the junk right away - maybe someone else has more luck with those things...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    edited December 2015
    rayrdan said:

New lockboxes are pretty consistently at the value you pay for VIP keys or more and 5 TBs is worth about 10k by itself anyways. Prices dipped a lot during the cyber monday/black friday sale but they've recovered more than enough to justify buying VIP.
    regenerde said:

rayrdan said:

"Abuse"?
    So should they now start banning people for going ViP and using a daily lockbox key to open a lockbox?

As mentioned in another thread, they could just add a solid number of Trade Bars to the lockbox loot, when you only get junk from it.
    For example, you get this Trove and at least 10+ TBs.
    And the same could go for the Trove itself, if you get only those weapon transmutes, you could also get at least 5+ TBs too.

Anyway, i don't open anything i get from lockboxes. I tried that a few times, and i have only got even more worthless items, and now i just sell the junk right away - maybe someone else has more luck with those things...
    Most of the boxes aren't worth buying unless they're going for half their usual price : |

During the black friday sale I was buying Companion fortification kits at 4-5k a piece and basically opening them at either a 400 AD loss or a 1500-100,000 AD gain. I made about 650k and got 90 companion tokens out of it lol.
    Post edited by urabask on
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I give out Emblem of the Cults as prank "prizes" to guildies.. lol

(It's not being malicious... it's done all in good fun, and they usually find an SMoP or something cool in their mailbox later).
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I'll be more than happy to take any unopened Troves that people don't want. I love those things. When they first started dropping, a bought a bunch of them and got 2 Epic Wheels of Elements on the same day. :D And that was back when those sold for millions. :) That was a great day. :)
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    you dont buy vip for the daily key.. if you is the only reason , dont do it. It has overall good value (though them adding more value, I will never turn down)

With vip, I earn a average of around 60-70k ad a day, I wouldn't without it.. thats just too big a # to drop with not taking vip.

The keys are what they always are.. gambling.

Overall I dont mind most key days.. though sometimes, when all i get is some stupid blue mark.. ug.

I wish they would put more greater marks of union, stability and power into those at least. That would help some.

• subnoctesubnocte Member Posts: 341 Arc User

you dont buy vip for the daily key.. if you is the only reason , dont do it. It has overall good value (though them adding more value, I will never turn down)

With vip, I earn a average of around 60-70k ad a day, I wouldn't without it.. thats just too big a # to drop with not taking vip.

The keys are what they always are.. gambling.

Overall I dont mind most key days.. though sometimes, when all i get is some stupid blue mark.. ug.

I wish they would put more greater marks of union, stability and power into those at least. That would help some.

I suspect nobody would get VIP if it didn't include the daily key. That doesn't mean the other stuff is worthless, but the big draw is the key, and everybody knows that (hence you get it at rank 1). People expect value from it as a result.
    kreatyve said:

I'll be more than happy to take any unopened Troves that people don't want. I love those things. When they first started dropping, a bought a bunch of them and got 2 Epic Wheels of Elements on the same day. :D And that was back when those sold for millions. :) That was a great day. :)

I may take you up on that. I just got 2 wheels and they only go for 40K a piece.

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    aulduron said:

kreatyve said:

I may take you up on that. I just got 2 wheels and they only go for 40K a piece.

It's double refinement, so more than that for now.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    I opened them during 2x RP and they were under 50K on AH.
    edited December 2015
    aulduron said:

I opened them during 2x RP and they were under 50K on AH.

They've been 10-15k for a while : |
    I8r4ux9.jpg