test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is this meant to be a thing?

eshkull#7182 eshkull Member Posts: 71 Arc User
Last time I played, DR, shar and WoD was easy to get through(mobs killing wise) Now it requires a party!? I understand they are trying to make this game more team oriented but seriously!? I can't even kill a small group without getting my HP cut in half. When and WHY did they do this? True I am a TR but they still should not be hitting me this hard. It's getting to the point where I'd rather spend my AD getting the relics and the treasures to get my dang boons.

Comments

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2015
    More info needed on your character, stats and gear.

To start: Are you below level 70? They are now level 70 content but if you had them unlocked prior to the change, you'd retain access and be level scaled to 70. If you're not 70, then go get to level 70. If and when you get to level 70, get in proper new gear, buying level 70 blues from the auction house if you must. If you're still using your old T1/T2 set gear, or other old gear like Mulhorand or even old level 60 blues/purples, you're going to be gimping yourself.
  • Options
    I am level 70, with the mulhorand daggers, as I don't have the money nor AD to refine my arti daggers to orange. I don't hit a lot on them at all. I am wearing a mix of alliance stuff, and I have arti cloak and belt, needing the artifact itself. I have 10k power and not a whole lot of other stats.
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Ilvl? With that gear you should be fine solo still long as you're using a reasonable set of skills, (in pve I like smoke bomb dazing strike flurry , Dazing aoe into smoke for lots of control and survivability, flurry for damage.) I don't main my rogue but I have no troubles with her.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    I just reached 2k IL yesterday. MY guild doesn't really run dungeons, so I can't obtain seals to get the purple armor. I just find the zones overwhelming just from 1 single mob hitting me.
  • Options
    tvcitytvcity Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    10k power ain't good enough for WoD, though you should do fine in DR and Sharadar..
  • Options
    dipuadipua Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Maybe you are trying to fight with heroics zombie next to the camp?
  • Options
    chestnut13chestnut13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 176 Arc User
    As a WK Sab, when I solo, I rarely have any issues with mobs. In fact, when I first hit 70, I was surprised at how easy the content was even though the mobs hit harder and had a lot more hit points. Using SB, Blade Fury, and SS with LA and BB as daily's is a breeze. As a WK, I stealth hit as many as I can with Disheatening Stike, drop SB, pause a bit and then spam Blade Fury. SS puts you back into stealth and SB is just a couple of seconds away. Repeat. Utilizing your daily's will make this easier, but I get lazy soloing and don't often use them as I don't need to. On mini bosses in WOD, I will though. I have to.
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    There's really nothing else.

Since the change from lv60 zone to lv70, WoD takes a bit more base investment to your character to be able to fight and survive. Some classes have it easier, others have it harder, and how you've set your character (builds, tactics, and gear) make a lot of difference if you aren't at "veteran" level, so to speak, of player skill.

Judging from the bit of information you've provided (10k power at just 2k IL), you're probably somewhere around 70~80k HP with hardly any deflect, crit, armpen, whatnot, probably not much bonuses from artifacts or other items, and low level of enchants. Whatever the situation, personally I'd recommend to people to be at least around 2.5k IL to function well in WoD.

Unlike IWD, WoD on average has larger-sized mob groups consisting of more pesky and difficult attack combinations, which require a little bit more specifical and methodical approach -- particularly in relation to:

■ taking care of the Whites that are CC-immune while doing their spinning
    ■ Blacks who deal very strong damage if they're allowed to transform to the taller version
    ■ Greenies spamming their AoE rooting attacks all the while this is going on can also be very frustrating
    ■ even the clumsy, lumbering Blues, have quite powerful singular attacks

(man, did that sound racist or something.. :rolleyes:) ... to make it worse, certain areas have a lot of mob groups in close vicinity to each other -- in which case an attempt to evade enemy attacks may trigger an accidental aggro from a 2nd or 3rd group. A veteran player 3k IL or higher can usually take down 3~4 of these groups at a time, but when you're at that lower IL, you need to be a bit more careful than playing in other zones, and learn the pattern of mob attacks -- how the alphastrike is initiated, which attacks come at which timing, and etc etc..

For example, usually, for melees the most frustrating element in combat is the Whites, which their continuous spin-spamming keeps knocking you back, ruining your combat positioning, messing up your AoE attacks and slowing your response time. Conversely, if you're a low-DR class the Blacks, while being the lowest-level trash mob (god, I hate that name.. I keep sounding like KKK or something...), can become a significant "oh, shat..." factor when if 2~3 of them transform at the same time and keep stabbing you with those poison daggers.

So in my case, being a WK, I have the option to attack both the Whites and Blacks at the same time by setting DHS against the Blacks while in stealth, and then initiating by CCing the White and attacking it, in which case by the time the White recovers from the CC, the White and the Blacks keel over at roughly the same time. A lot of different options and approach is possible, but usually Smokebomb is particularly efficient and ideal for all builds and purposes against mob groups -- persistent, long-duration, AoE CC with medium damage. A TR's best friend in normal level PvE content. At least, if your current spec doesn't allow for other options, that is.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'